Do you believe the sexual assault allegations against Kavanaugh?

WVU

sexual assault?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Did the sexual assault happen in your opinion?

• Yes
    • No
    • on the fence

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

timely/the daily show claim that only about 100 people have been accused of sexual harassment since the #metoo movement, and maybe only a couple of them falsely

well... in JUST THE LAST 2 WEEKS, 41 people have been accused just at the university of washington, and almost all of these with no proof whatsoever

http://www.dailyuw.com/news/article_dd14bf34-c5f6-11e8-a705-cf14683d53a3.html

timely/the daily show claim that only about 100 people have been accused of sexual harassment since the #metoo movement, and maybe only a couple of them falsely

well... in JUST THE LAST 2 WEEKS, 41 people have been accused just at the university of washington, and almost all of these with no proof whatsoever

http://www.dailyuw.com/news/article_dd14bf34-c5f6-11e8-a705-cf14683d53a3.html

what do you think about kavanaugh? 

yeah, that's kinda what i am thinking which is why i asked 

i wouldn't call him a scumbag unless I met him first -  what dont you like about him? jesuit?

you're probably more fair... i'm almost more cynical/skeptical... why would anyone want to be on the supreme court unless they were an arrogant prick?  just like why would anyone want to be in congress/president/etc unless they were a greedy scumsucker and/or attention whore?

there are a tiny few that actually think they would go to washington to help people but the vast majority seem to be exactly the opposite

you're probably more fair... i'm almost more cynical/skeptical... why would anyone want to be on the supreme court unless they were an arrogant prick?  just like why would anyone want to be in congress/president/etc unless they were a greedy scumsucker and/or attention whore?

there are a tiny few that actually think they would go to washington to help people but the vast majority seem to be exactly the opposite

why would anyone want to be on the supreme court unless they were an arrogant prick?  just like why would anyone want to be in congress/president/etc unless they were a greedy scumsucker and/or attention whore?

that's where i am  at too    lol

he drinks   beer, and likes guns - could be worse  - could be communist like ginsberg  - 

I am curious what percentage of females in your world you all would guess have been sexually assaulted some point in their lives.

Just curious. No real agenda, other than believing that it is almost certainly a higher number than you would likely guess.

I’m surprised it’s not 1 in 2.....easily is in California

Wow. South Dakota will likely have an outright ban when the new Court gives states that right. They already have very restrictive laws.

I have a friend that believes that before they have an abortion women should be required to go to the doctor and see the fetus via ultrasound/sonogram. My thought was “What the hell is wrong with you?” Enforce waiting periods if you want, but that’s just the worst idea I have heard related to the matter.

It’s interesting in some states you are not allowed to get your ears pierced under 18 without parental consent, but you can get an abortion.

Not really wanting to get into an abortion debate...And I doubt Roe v. Wade will be overturned completely, but there will definitely be more restrictions coming.

It depends on your definition of assault, if childhood sexual abuse is included, etc...but that sounds about right probably.

Yeah, that definition is critical.

I'd say that almost all women have been sexually assaulted at some point in their lives. 

What teenage or college party does not have a male trying to get to know a female better?  Most young males are rather inept at courting, and get drunk to loosen inhibitions.  Both the boys and the girls want this to happen.

Unfortunately, someone has to make a move - or nothing happens.  When the immature boy makes a move that the recipient was hoping for - no problem.  But, when the girl was hoping that a different boy makes the move - then there comes the point where that boy making the move is considered a culprit.

Today, that boy is told to ask for permission before making any sort of move.  How many girls actually want a boy to say "May I please hold your hand?" before then politely asking " May I please put my arm around your shoulders?"  and finally moving to the third question as the  night ends - " May I kiss you?".  This is what today's feminists demand.  Any romance will surely be dead by this point.

So, I suppose just about every female with an ounce of desirability has had a clumsy boy try to cop a feel at some point in her life.  Teenage exploration - today, that is called sexual harrassment.

Yeah, that definition is critical.

I'd say that almost all women have been sexually assaulted at some point in their lives.

What teenage or college party does not have a male trying to get to know a female better? Most young males are rather inept at courting, and get drunk to loosen inhibitions. Both the boys and the girls want this to happen.

Unfortunately, someone has to make a move - or nothing happens. When the immature boy makes a move that the recipient was hoping for - no problem. But, when the girl was hoping that a different boy makes the move - then there comes the point where that boy making the move is considered a culprit.

Today, that boy is told to ask for permission before making any sort of move. How many girls actually want a boy to say "May I please hold your hand?" before then politely asking " May I please put my arm around your shoulders?" and finally moving to the third question as the night ends - " May I kiss you?". This is what today's feminists demand. Any romance will surely be dead by this point.

So, I suppose just about every female with an ounce of desirability has had a clumsy boy try to cop a feel at some point in her life. Teenage exploration - today, that is called sexual harrassment.

Yeah if those scenarios are included in the definition, they should not be. Unfortunately I’m not sure those numbers include that type of scenario, but they may well. I don’t know.

I have had that kind of situation (would not label assault) and one which would definitely comprise attempted assault. I know there is a difference. I just don’t know what the stats reflect.

This is just my position regarding the label of assault...not harassment.

It's their body, child, future, and should be their choice.

Who are we to tell them what to do?

Amen...although the tougher situation is when the baby was a product of consensual sex, and the father wants to keep the baby. It’s their child also. Not sure how I feel about that.