Bernie soon to announce. Who here picks him?

Machiavelli

People in flint didn't pay their bills, which caused the water utility to go bankrupt, which caused the state to take over and attempt to switch water sources to save money(they weren't going to keep subsidizing a city of deadbeats), switching water sources resulted in unforeseen consequences ..

The best solution would be to bulldoze the whole city except no one wants flints people in their town either.

There are costs to selling out an entire city and state. Those costs will be incurred whether you want them or not. Sooner or later the chicken comes home to roost.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are costs to selling out an entire city and state. Those costs will be incurred whether you want them or not. Sooner or later the chicken comes home to roost.

The chickens did come home to roost, the water system collapsed and they had shitty water, if most people paid their bills(like people do everywhere), none of that would have happened.

Yes and they almost had a revolution. You had better provide people with drinking water no matter the costs.

I disagree, you give bums free shit(even water) and the problem only gets worse. Those people deserve everything they get, people make a city what it is, good people- good city, bad people - bad city.

I disagree, you give bums free shit(even water) and the problem only gets worse. Those people deserve everything they get, people make a city what it is, good people- good city, bad people - bad city.

Unfortunately for you, like all Republicans, you believe in how the world ought to work. It doesn't work that way.

In the real world, if you have a major city with no water, there is hell to pay. Up to and including death. If necessary, they will take over the water supply themselves.

Unfortunately for you, like all Republicans, you believe in how the world ought to work. It doesn't work that way.

In the real world, if you have a major city with no water, there is hell to pay. Up to and including death. If necessary, they will take over the water supply themselves.

actually, most of us just believe the people of the world ought to work.  Yes there are exceptions, but we enable a behavior instead of really helping people.

give the less fortunate a hand up instead of a hand out

A lot of people are not willing to work. I learned this sadly enough over the weekend.

They are not willing to work for what you will pay. If you pay more, they will work.

Nothing comes for free in this world.

It works like this. A poor man says I can't support myself. I need help.

The rich man says F you.

The poor man says, No F you. I'm taking your property.

The rich man say I'm beginning to understand your point of view. Lets talk. How about I give you enough to live on without working?

Ok well here is what pissed me off this weekend. I haven’t followed this entire thread so hopefully it’s somewhat relevant but I’m going to post it regardless. Was giving a bunch of furniture to the local furniture mission and needed help bringing a couple things upstairs and basically just wiping down stuff that had been sitting in the garage and was dusty or had leaves that have blown on it or whatever.

Saw this ad on CL

“ (26 yr old needing help) Snow removal, Moving, Rides, Painting .

My name is xxxxx, i'm newer to xxxxx xxxxx. I have a baby on the way plus three kids and cant afford daycare. Im in need of money for my family. I work very hard and have good references from legit local businesses and also other people I've worked for on here. I'm willing to do snow removal, grocery runs, give rides/hauling, clean homes, clean garages, walk dogs, paint the insides of homes, work on fixer upper houses, literally ANYTHING as long as the payout is reasonable. I will be flexible according to the services you need. I pride myself in doing high quality work no matter the job. Please contact me at xxx-xxxx or just shoot me an email.”

So I called him and he tells me he will come over Friday morning between nine and 930. We negotiate a price and everything sounds fine. 9:30 comes and goes and at this point I decide he’s not coming, and start trying to do what I can myself. At 10:30 he calls me and tells me his kid was sick, but at 2 o’clock he can have someone come sit with the kid if it’s not too late. I tell him that at this point, I don’t really need him, but 20 minutes later I text him back after deciding to give him one more chance. I tell him that I could use him if he wanted to come over at two. He texts back and says “great! I will be there!” Fast forward to 4:30 . No call no show. I text him again and indicatI am assuming he is not coming, and in the rare event that he is still planning on showing up, not to bother. No response at all.

He didn’t even apologize at 10:30 when he called after he was supposed to be here between nine and 9:30.

Ad surely leads one to indicate that he is desperate for work and will do almost anything as long as the price is fair. So what gives?

It was pretty cold on Friday morning and I can understand maybe one no-show but then to the same day commit to a job and not show AGAIN??

It is possible he was exaggerating his situation. It's also possible, he decided what you wanted him to do was not worth the money.

Yes, people can get food stamps and do not need to work and maybe they will work if you throw them off.

They might also increase taxes to 70%. Which do you choose?

Many people work cash jobs when getting food stamps, untraceable.

He should have the courtesy to respond and say he's not showing.

You are not getting the most courteous people online just like you will not find the most honest gamblers on a forum. For that, you have to pay top dollar.

I realize that but I guarantee they are not working harder for $25/hour with benefits.   I would just go to Home Depot and find some handyman there that will do the job for you.

It is possible he was exaggerating his situation. It's also possible, he decided what you wanted him to do was not worth the money.

Yes, people can get food stamps and do not need to work and maybe they will work if you throw them off.

They might also increase taxes to 70%. Which do you choose?

I was more than fair with the money, and If he did not feel like the job is worth the money he should have told me no. Instead he agreed to do it – twice. Why twice? He could’ve just done a no call/no show the first time and been done with it.

Maybe he has to show his parole officer that he’s making an attempt to find work, or show something in order to continue receiving unemployment benefits.

I really wasn’t interested in a big debate about the pros and cons of a social safety net, I’m just baffled by that kind of behavior. In the end I saved money, and the furniture mission people helped me bring the other items upstairs, but I just can’t even imagine doing that to someone.

Hell to pay? I'm all for it, they should have marched down to the Mayors office and demanded clean water, perhaps the mayor would say "sounds great, are you gonna pay your fucking water bill?", then they would have turned around , went home, and smoked crack...because that is apparently more important to most flint residents than paying for services they used.

That's fine. People are willing to work. You ARE NOT willing to provide them with JOBS.

Provide people with jobs huh? Perhaps they should go out and "find" a job, the job market has never been better. By the way, taxes aren't going up to 70%, nor is medicare for all coming, nor is a single thing the clueless dems are rambling on about. Not a single one of their dreams will be fullfilled, but it wont stop them from talking about it.

Ok well here is what pissed me off this weekend. I haven’t followed this entire thread so hopefully it’s somewhat relevant but I’m going to post it regardless. Was giving a bunch of furniture to the local furniture mission and needed help bringing a couple things upstairs and basically just wiping down stuff that had been sitting in the garage and was dusty or had leaves that have blown on it or whatever.

Saw this ad on CL

“ (26 yr old needing help) Snow removal, Moving, Rides, Painting .

My name is xxxxx, i'm newer to xxxxx xxxxx. I have a baby on the way plus three kids and cant afford daycare. Im in need of money for my family. I work very hard and have good references from legit local businesses and also other people I've worked for on here. I'm willing to do snow removal, grocery runs, give rides/hauling, clean homes, clean garages, walk dogs, paint the insides of homes, work on fixer upper houses, literally ANYTHING as long as the payout is reasonable. I will be flexible according to the services you need. I pride myself in doing high quality work no matter the job. Please contact me at xxx-xxxx or just shoot me an email.”

So I called him and he tells me he will come over Friday morning between nine and 930. We negotiate a price and everything sounds fine. 9:30 comes and goes and at this point I decide he’s not coming, and start trying to do what I can myself. At 10:30 he calls me and tells me his kid was sick, but at 2 o’clock he can have someone come sit with the kid if it’s not too late. I tell him that at this point, I don’t really need him, but 20 minutes later I text him back after deciding to give him one more chance. I tell him that I could use him if he wanted to come over at two. He texts back and says “great! I will be there!” Fast forward to 4:30 . No call no show. I text him again and indicatI am assuming he is not coming, and in the rare event that he is still planning on showing up, not to bother. No response at all.

He didn’t even apologize at 10:30 when he called after he was supposed to be here between nine and 9:30.

Ad surely leads one to indicate that he is desperate for work and will do almost anything as long as the price is fair. So what gives?

It was pretty cold on Friday morning and I can understand maybe one no-show but then to the same day commit to a job and not show AGAIN??

My guess: random drug-addicted clown who got a hook-up some other way that morning, and didn't need to do anything for it, so he didn't. I can spot con-artist behavior/druggie behavior/etc. Not 100% sure, but would put a wager on it.