OT: Keto diet might be the way to go

KingRevolver

Curious...Those of you who are using Keto for weight loss reasons, do you really think it’s a Keto formula or are you running a calorie deficit? Since the fat satiates you, I have seen it speculated that is that the real reason people lose weight on Keto after the first week...it’s just natural to eat far less...especially since Keto stops many cravings.

Do you guys count calories? Does your macro formula have a calorie limit/goal? Would be interested to know how many calories Rito in particular is eating, as doesn’t seem he eats much other than a Ribeye every day.

Kinger was doing calorie counting and losing before. Kinger...are you eating more, less or same amount of calories on Keto?

I eat maybe 2lbs of meat and 6 eggs a day with a ton of cheese

Monkey 100% correct.

Easy to gain a shit ton of water weight in a day. Did a 50 day low carb diet for a weight loss contest earlier this year. I gained 7+ lbs in one day after after going off it. Which was like 5% of my body weight

no he isn't

a combination of many things lead to drastic overnight water weight gain and a person his size would have to have a kidney issue or a pre existing severe glycogen condition.

One can of soda cannot, on its own be responsible a 4 pound weight gain.

If that science exists then 3 sodas would precipitate a twelve pound weight gain. 

12 sodas an overnight gain of nearly 50 lbs. 

so it's a combination of many things and base on the kids size, 4 pounds is still indicative of an underlying issue.

Water in our bodies doesn't just come from liquids, genius. The sugar (glucose) in one soda (which is about the recommended daily allowance) creates an insulin response and creates the glycogen.

Less talking, more reading: https://justinowings.com/understanding-bodyweight-and-glycogen-de/

Answer the questions or prove somehow that one can of soda can increase the bodyweight of a small man by 4 pounds.

Don't gimme that link. It has nothing in it that supports your claim. I don't even need to click it.

no he isn't

a combination of many things lead to drastic overnight water weight gain and a person his size would have to have a kidney issue or a pre existing severe glycogen condition.

If that science exists then 3 sodas would precipitate a twelve pound weight gain.

so it's a combination of many things and base on the kids size, 4 pounds is still indicative of an underlying issue.

A can of soda or high carb stuff + normal eating and water drinking absolutely can.

But that is a perfect example of why you should go to a professional for dietary advice.

I know quite a bit about it...have done Atkins, and lazy/dirty Keto off and on in the past....had a friend walk me thru the finer points but decided I probably was not going to be able to be too strict on the macros thing...I have no problem staying under 20 grams of carbs...but lining up the other stuff is tough. I was just thinking that when I’ve done it, my appetite is suppressed so much that I don’t know if it’s the keto causing weight loss or just the reduced calories. Wondering if I ate the same amount of calories in the form of a carbs/protein/fat mixture if the results wouldn’t be the same.

I will say the times I’ve been rigid and then had a high carb meal, the scale can easily show a severe weight gain the following day. Obviously a can of soda is not going to result in a gain of 4lbs of fat/actual weight, but the scale will show it anyway...probably water weight, but it can take days to get it off....at least that was my experience.

no he isn't

That's not how it works, moron. It's not a linear relationship.

A can of soda or high carb stuff + normal eating and water drinking absolutely can.

Some science please with supporting numbers.

Before and after blood sugar, before and after triglyceride bloods, before and after sodium, potassium bloods.

Please answer how much water weight will you gain if you drink 6.7 sodas.

It's not the soda.

If I go to the fridge right now and drink 1 of Mum's ginger ales will I gain a guaranteed 4 pounds? 

I know quite a bit about it...have done Atkins, and lazy/dirty Keto off and on in the past....had a friend walk me thru the finer points but decided I probably was not going to be able to be too strict on the macros thing...I have no problem staying under 20 grams of carbs...but lining up the other stuff is tough. I was just thinking that when I’ve done it, my appetite is suppressed so much that I don’t know if it’s the keto causing weight loss or just the reduced calories. Wondering if I ate the same amount of calories in the form of a carbs/protein/fat mixture if the results wouldn’t be the same.

I will say the times I’ve been rigid and then had a high carb meal, the scale can easily show a severe weight gain the following day. Obviously a can of soda is not going to result in a gain of 4lbs of fat/actual weight, but the scale will show it anyway...probably water weight, but it can take days to get it off....at least that was my experience.

Not 4 pounds I

The reason you gained anything more than the caloric ingestion of 1 soda is not the soda. It's what you did to your body before the soda and that has to be extremely drastic to accomplish anything near that kind of gain. 

Not 4 pounds I

The reason you gained anything more than the caloric ingestion of 1 soda is not the soda. It's what you did to your body before the soda and that has to be extremely drastic to accomplish anything near that kind of gain.

I am not the one who drank a soda. I was referring to a high carb meal. Chinese Food actually...so obviously also high in sodium. But you definitely can gain that kind of water weight overnight.

I can’t speak to the soda....but you can definitely gain 4 lbs per scale....water /whatever overnight without ingesting an excess 14,000 calories.

Again, have no idea about the soda deal.

Absolutely. I've had to make weight and seen others have to make or lose weight for years.

4 pounds is easy

Constipate yourself, eat a big plate of noodles, a few spoons of raw honey mixed with salt and sleep in a cold room.

Go make weight, take a shit, have a nap in a warm room, lie in the sauna.

Gone.