Church Check-In

rdalert447

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are Hindu, Tiger?

I have a friend I met through twitter that is.

Something I've heard about but barely meeting people who are.

Hindu, Oh, no. Nor Buddhist, or any religion. I am spiritual. I just take in spirituality and ideology from different areas. I don't like religions where there are various unnecessary requirements, etc.

You are Hindu, Tiger?

I have a friend I met through twitter that is.

Something I've heard about but barely meeting people who are.

Had an ex who became immersed in it. Turned his spare bedroom into a shrine. It was all very odd to me at the time. He bought me a copy of this. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autobiography_of_a_Yogi

but I didn’t read much of it. I can get behind some of the beliefs....seems that it can co-exist with other religions, at least to some extent, including Christianity.

Had an ex who became immersed in it. Turned his spare bedroom into a shrine. It was all very odd to me at the time. He bought me a copy of this. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autobiography_of_a_Yogi

but I didn’t read much of it. I can get behind some of the beliefs....seems that it can co-exist with other religions, at least to some extent, including Christianity.

I

Nice. My friend seems like that type as well, as if I didn't know, would've thought she was conservative Christian lol

"All paths can eventually lead to The Divine, except Denial."

All paths on this Earth lead to death.  No electrical activity in your brain means no consciousness.  You won't know what you don't know or anything else!!!

Religions exist because humans cannot accept reality.  Fairytales for adults.

If you have never witnessed a miracle, something that defies nature's laws, -- why would you believe in a fairy tale?

All paths on this Earth lead to death. No electrical activity in your brain means no consciousness. You won't know what you don't know or anything else!!!

Religions exist because humans cannot accept reality. Fairytales for adults.

If you have never witnessed a miracle, something that defies nature's laws, -- why would you believe in a fairy tale?

Agree completely.

You’re born to fucking die. Enjoy everything in between.

People loved by God have not fared well in history.

So what good is it?

If you believe in God, you have a different definition of history. You believe time on earth as we know it, is minute. You look outside the box. You consider that God only reveals what he wants, when he wants and if there was no mystery, there would be no purpose to faith....everyone would believe. I don’t understand the whys, but I believe there is much mystery to God who is greater than science. If there is a God, he is not bound by rules of science as we understand them, or papers in medical journals.

I can understand the “opiate of the masses” position, but I also think it’s just as simplistic a belief, as those criticized by those who cry fairy tale.

To each their own.