What do you have stashed so far for the outbreak?

Hoops

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.thewrap.com/trump-said-google-is-creating-a-coronavirus-screening-website-but-its-not-verily-is/

“Google is going to develop a website — it’s going to be very quickly done, unlike websites of the past — to determine if a test is warranted and to facilitate testing at a nearby convenient location,” Trump said at the Friday press conference. “We have many, many locations behind us, by the way. We cover this country and large parts of the world, by the way. We’re not gonna be talking about the world right now, but we cover very, very strongly our country. Stores in virtually every location. Google has 1,700 engineers working on this right now. They have made tremendous progress.”

But shortly after Trump’s announcement, Google’s communications team on Twitter appeared to refute Trump’s assertion that the website would be “very quickly done.” In a statement shared on the Google Communications Twitter account on behalf of Verily, Verily said the tool was in “early stages of development” and that they had “the hope of expanding more broadly over time.”

There is only confusion for idiots.  At no point did they say the site will be ready today.  Once again, they are going to clarify on SUNDAY when the site will be available and that was clearly stated in the press conference.

Is this really that fucking hard for you to comprehend?  JFC.

But shortly after Trump’s announcement, Google’s communications team on Twitter appeared to refute Trump’s assertion that the website would be “very quickly done.” In a statement shared on the Google Communications Twitter account on behalf of Verily, Verily said the tool was in “early stages of development” and that they had “the hope of expanding more broadly over time.”

How long do you think it takes 1700 engineers to develop a questionaire website from inception?  How long do you think it takes one developer?

How far along does "early stages of development" mean?  How long did it take them to get to the "early stages of development"?  What expectations should a developer or a team of developers put on themselves?  Will that developer or team of developers potentially have more clarity on a realistic timeline in two days?

Inquiring minds want to know.  You're the expert here obviously.

So when Trump says, "Google IS GOING TO BE DEVELOPING A WEBSITE", you take that to mean that it's already been developed?

LMAO.

How do your brain even manage to tell your lungs to breathe?

When the Idiot tells you it's sunny, and your eyes see it's raining, you will trust your dear cult leader over your eyes.  Little difference between you and a North Korean who swears Un doesn't piss or shit.  

How long do you think it takes 1700 engineers to develop a questionaire website from inception?  How long do you think it takes one developer?

How far along does "early stages of development" mean?  How long did it take them to get to the "early stages of development"?  What expectations should a developer or a team of developers put on themselves?  Will that developer potentially have more clarity on a realistic timeline in two days?

Inquiring minds want to know.  You're the expert here obviously.

“Google is going to develop a website — it’s going to be very quickly done, unlike websites of the past — to determine if a test is warranted and to facilitate testing at a nearby convenient location,” Trump said at the Friday press conference. “We have many, many locations behind us, by the way. We cover this country and large parts of the world, by the way. We’re not gonna be talking about the world right now, but we cover very, very strongly our country. Stores in virtually every location. Google has 1,700 engineers working on this right now. They have made tremendous progress.”

When the Idiot tells you it's sunny, and your eyes see it's raining, you will trust your dear cult leader over your eyes.  Little difference between you and a North Korean who swears Un doesn't piss or shit.  

If Trump tells me it's sunny and there isn't a cloud in the sky, I believe him.  When he tells me that Google is developing a website and Google says they're developing a website, I believe him.

Rocket science.

“Google is going to develop a website — it’s going to be very quickly done, unlike websites of the past — to determine if a test is warranted and to facilitate testing at a nearby convenient location,” Trump said at the Friday press conference. “We have many, many locations behind us, by the way. We cover this country and large parts of the world, by the way. We’re not gonna be talking about the world right now, but we cover very, very strongly our country. Stores in virtually every location. Google has 1,700 engineers working on this right now. They have made tremendous progress.”

So you have no clue how to answer my questions.  You're just going to assume that it's going to take years to develop the website and that when it's tested that it will take years to plug in testing site locations in other areas.

Got it.

If Trump tells me it's sunny and there isn't a cloud in the sky, I believe him.  When he tells me that Google is developing a website and Google says they're developing a website, I believe him.

Rocket science.

https://apnews.com/ce014d94b64e98b7203b873e56f80e9a

<div><br class="Apple-interchange-newline">https://apnews.com/ce014d94b64e98b7203b873e56f80e9a</div>

Trump disbanded NSC pandemic unit that experts had praised

“One year later I was mystified when the White House dissolved the office, leaving the country less prepared for pandemics like COVID-19,” Beth Cameron, the first director of the unit, wrote in an op-ed Friday in The Washington Post.

When Trump was asked on Friday whether closing the NSC global health unit slowed the U.S. response, the president called it a “nasty” question because his administration had acted quickly and saved lives.

“I don’t know anything about it,” Trump said.

Earlier, when asked about it, he said: “This is something that you can never really think is going to happen.”

For many years, the national intelligence director’s worldwide threat assessment has warned that a flu pandemic or other large-scale outbreak of a contagious disease could lead to massive rates of death and disability that would severely affect the world economy. Public health experts have been blowing whistles too.

So you have no clue how to answer my questions.  You're just going to assume that it's going to take years to develop the website and that when it's tested that it will take years to plug in testing site locations in other areas.

Got it.

I'm not the idiot spouting that something is gonna be done "very quickly".   Not my job to know.   It's his.  One that he continues to fail miserably at to sane people.  

What does that have to do with the website exactly?  God.  You are desperate to find anything to criticize him for.

You must think Trump micromanages everything.

Website is over.  He lied, he got caught, and he has no idea what he's talking about, as usual. 

Pretty easy to find anything to criticize him for, considering how badly he botched the US response to this.  The response Blind Cultists like you praised all along.  Because it's what you do.  

I'm not the idiot spouting that something is gonna be done "very quickly".   Not my job to know.   It's his.  One that he continues to fail miserably at to sane people.  

What does "very quickly" mean?  What does "early stages of development" mean?  Are the "early stages of development" of building a birdhouse the same as the "early stages of development" of building a skyscraper?  What's entailed in building a questionaire website with API's that are already developed to estimate distance from a user to a location and provide directions to it with GPS coordinates?  How long would it take 1700 engineers/developers to build that site?  How long would it take for one developer to build that site?

You must know the answers since you're so upset.

Website is over.  He lied, he got caught, and he has no idea what he's talking about, as usual. 

Pretty easy to find anything to criticize him for, considering how badly he botched the US response to this.  The response Blind Cultists like you praised all along.  Because it's what you do.  

So now Google is lying that they're developing a website?  Man, you really know a lot about software development, the inner workings of Google, and what they have on tap.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/14/coronavirus-outbreak-response-trump-us?utm_term=Autofeed&CMP=twt_b-gdnnews&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1584169162

'He's an idiot': critics say Trump has failed the US in this test of reassurance

For Trump, who has spent years undermining experts, scientists, and trust in government, the pandemic has shown his weaknesses

Elaine Kamarck, a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution think tank in Washington, said: “He’s an idiot. He’s handled it horribly. When things are rough, you want somebody who can exude confidence and competence and Trump does not do that.

Billy's Punching Bag:   He's handled it great all along.  

In a different statement to The Verge, Verily said the tool was originally meant for healthcare workers and that the presidential announcement changed its course to becoming a public site. Whatever the original intent of the project, it seems quite clear that Verily was taken somewhat aback by the announcement.

Now, it’s not uncommon for anybody outside of the tech world to use Alphabet and Google interchangeably. Still, Verily is not Google and the Bay Area is not the whole country. Those are important facts.

https://techcrunch.com/2020/03/13/despite-trumps-claims-google-isnt-building-the-coronavirus-screening-site-and-its-not-ready/

People port software for different needs all the time. This isn't even a port. It's just repurposing it. You guys really believe everything you read - even when it's from a source that doesn't have the balls to show their identity. Again, there is nothing in that Google tweet that unsubstantiates what Trump and Pence said - as much as you're clinging to hope that it does.

Really incredible how so many of you want it to be true so badly. Anti-Americans.

People port software for different needs all the time. This isn't even a port. It's just repurposing it. You guys really believe everything you read - even when it's from a source that doesn't have the balls to show their identity. Again, there is nothing in that Google tweet that unsubstantiates what Trump and Pence said - as much as you're clinging to hope that it does.

Really incredible how so many of you want it to be true so badly. Anti-Americans.

We heard the president say what he said, and  we heard Google have to correct/clarify/change  it on Twitter.   It’s that simple. 

One can’t even question anything Trump does or says without being called an anti-American? :laugh

Beginning to think the libs are right and some of you guys are cultists!   

No point in discussion.  

That's not a change. They're confirming what Trump and Pence said and updating the public on their plans for rollout.

But I guess it was all a lie and Pence was planning on sitting there with his dick in his hand on Sunday.

Fucking retarded.

It wasn’t ALL a lie.......it was gross misrepresentation of facts.   I don’t think it was intentional...I just think DT is clueless.

And it would be more likely that Pence would have Trump’s duck in his hands on Sunday,   

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnkoetsier/2020/03/13/trump-1700-google-engineers-working-on-coronavirus-site-google-says--actually-no/#36d3d09754cc

The testing stations have to go live before the website is of any use to begin with. And now all of the retards will demand an explanation in the middle of a fucking crisis.

Here's an idea: Let's put our leaders on the defensive with every single fucking thing they do to make their job at solving this problem that much harder. Because that's what a real fucking American would do.

It wasn’t ALL a lie.......it was gross misrepresentation of facts. I don’t think it was intentional...I just think DT is clueless.

And it would be more likely that Pence would have Trump’s duck in his hands on Sunday,

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnkoetsier/2020/03/13/trump-1700-google-engineers-working-on-coronavirus-site-google-says--actually-no/#36d3d09754cc

Another interpretation of the same tweet with nothing else to go on. If you guys actually think the White House wasn't in talks with Sundar Pichai and other Google leaders, then where do you think this all came from? A whole group of experts behind Trump with a flow chart drawn up - all conjured up with zero Google consult. Right?