What do you have stashed so far for the outbreak?

Hoops

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You idiots staying in today?

I'm heading out to a breakfast buffet, everything still open and business is brisk....

Probably have to find a poker game this evening, no games canceled in my area....

Just how long are you guys going to buy into this?

nice. lick a few handrails while you're out, cool guy. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/13/us/politics/fact-check-trump-coronavirus.html

NY Times

WHAT THE FACTS ARE

Mr. Trump inaccurately described a website in development to mitigate the outbreak.

WHAT MR. TRUMP SAID

“I want to thank Google. Google is helping to develop a website, it’s going to be very quickly done, unlike websites of the past, to determine whether a test is warranted and to facilitate testing at a nearby convenient location.”

This is misleading. Mr. Trump misstated the company developing the website and exaggerated its scope. After Mr. Trump spoke, Google issued a statement on Twitter from Verily, a separate subsidiary of Google’s parent company.

“We are developing a tool to help triage individuals for Covid-19 testing. Verily is in the early stages of development, and planning to roll testing out in the Bay Area, with the hope of expanding more broadly over time,” the statement read.

A spokeswoman for Verily said it had originally intended for the website to be used only by health care workers. Mr. Trump’s statement prompted the company to make it available to the public. The site will direct people to “pilot sites” for testing in the Bay Area, the spokeswoman said. If the pilot goes well, Verily aims to deploy the project nationwide, but there is no timetable for a national rollout.

Monkey...Literally every article I’ve seen that references this site says that Trump misspoke. If it was such a great site and plan, and everything was as depicted, why is Fox News not touting it ...or anyone? Why is no one talking about what a great deal this is?

im obviously not as obsessed with donald trumps every word as the rest of you, but is it possible that specific part of the announcement was an intentional play to force googles hand to making the app public? that is an effective tactic that people will use to jump the gun and apply pressure to another party. if so, sounds like it worked. 

And they're all left wing publications. The NY Times, CNN, Wired. Be smarter.

Nobody knows the details yet.

LOLOL.   Doesn’t matter. Read the quotes from Verily. Read what he said.    You don’t need to know how to program,,,you just need to know how to read,   Find me one right wing publication then, that backs up your position.

Tails, you mean honestly, you wouldn't go out and eat right now... If that's the case, I'm beyond astonished.

im not afraid of getting sick you sefish, irresponsible fucking idiot.

nonetheless, i WILL do everything i can to avoid getting it, because if i do get it and carry on as normal at buffets, large gatherings, and public transport, i will facilitate its spread to others at an exponential rate (especially in the first week of infection which is ASYMPTOMATIC), putting vulnerable people in jeopardy. 

but thats because im not a seflsh piece of shit. like yourself.

im obviously not as obsessed with donald trumps every word as the rest of you, but is it possible that specific part of the announcement was an intentional play to force googles hand to making the app public? that is an effective tactic that people will use to jump the gun and apply pressure to another party. if so, sounds like it worked. 

Now THAT could be possible.  Still would be a timeline issue, but interesting theory.  If not to force their hand,(,possible, but improbable imo).. I honestly don’t even  think it was an intentional lie. I think he just didn’t understand what they were doing.   I think he is just confused and tired.

Now THAT could be possible.  Still would be a timeline issue, but interesting theory.   I honestly don’t even  think it was an 8ntentuonal lie. I think he just didn’t understand what they were doing.   I think he is just confused and tired.

very possible as well. especially since like you mention, guy is probably getting zero sleep. i think either is plausible, for the record.

LOLOL. Doesn’t matter. Read the quotes from Verily. Read what he said. You don’t need to know how to program,,,you just need to know how to read, Find me one right wing publication then, that backs up your position.

Then how long does Verily say it will take to get the site up?

Since you don't need to know how to code and all.

This is actually a fair article:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/13/google-creating-coronavirus-site-to-help-find-testing.html

That's what a fair article looks like. One that doesn't jump to conclusions and ram them down your throat. Few and far between these days since so many idiots want to crucify people.

Holy shit. Could you imagine if that's what all our country's news outlets looked like?

Would reduce TDS cases to near zero.

Then how long does Verily say it will take to get the site up?

Since you don't need to know how to code and all.

Since they weren’t planning to release one at all for the general public, who knows? At this point I suppose it’s a matter of how much pressure Trump puts on them to make it look like he knew what he was saying. 

Since they weren’t planning to release one at all for the general public, who knows? At this point I suppose it’s a matter of how much pressure Trump puts on them to make it look like he knew what he was saying.

Where did they say that there were never any plans to release it publicly exactly? Do plans ever get changed?

How do you not know how long it will take? How can you call Ttump a liar if you don't know that much?

This is actually a fair article:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/13/google-creating-coronavirus-site-to-help-find-testing.html

That's what a fair article looks like. One that doesn't jump to conclusions and ram them down your throat. Few and far between these days since so many idiots want to crucify people.

From the author of the article:

fitting end to a weird week: the most powerful public sector leader and a powerful private leader are potentially not on the same page about a major announcement.