Master stock pick thread

WVU

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck cinemark. Mulan to Disney hurt. Still holding because I believe if any cinema will survive, they are the most conservative and well positioned in their balance sheet to hold on. I know theatres aren’t a LONG term play, but I’m sure with the vaccine pump will come lots of rotation from tech into stocks exactly like cinemark. Willing to take the risky play, especially since 2022 will be loaded with amazing box office hits due to some huge hits being pushed back. Just my thoughts for a 2-3 year hold Max

let's call it a tie with milwaukee-based marcus MCS

just remember this isn't a one week flip. My average is about the same as you. Bought some high 13s and some low 12s. Hopefully by next Tuesday it has risen a little bit. I think it's a $50 stock in 6 months.

SOunds good. I’m a degenerate so try to mix in a few long term holds with all the shorter term risky penny stocks and option trades.

I'm not anti-Disney per se.

However, 30 bucks is robbery.

I hope logon passwords spread freely and neighborhood parents get together with one family buying it for the whole street.

There's a lesson to be learned in greed here for the Disney company.

Really? Disney is far left as you get.

i don't see the point in buying a company that is losing a ton of money, laying everyone off, vacating all their leases, and doing 1-20 reverse splits

Company is a mess. They can’t even bill correctly. I’ve dealt with them before and they have the worst accounting dept I’ve ever encountered. Simply incredible they’re a publicly traded company.

no thanks

but i will help erb with the tax questions, and i'll give my investment opinions if anyone wants them

Is there any way to not pay 28% tax on selling physical silver to jmbullion if I bought it from there?  I once heard if you roll over capital gains into buying a property, that could offset it.  I'm probably completely wrong but just wanted clarification.

Also, say I wanted to sell a ton of stock for profit after 1 year, it says 39k salary or below pays 0% capital gains tax.  Now is the profit you take included in that 39k?

Example:  I take 3 months off work to get my salary under 39k, I sell 50k in stock (long term capital gains profit), does that 50k in profit push me back over the 39k threshold?  Probably dumb questions but every way I look I'm going to get taxed to oblivion

Is there any way to not pay 28% tax on selling physical silver to jmbullion if I bought it from there?  I once heard if you roll over capital gains into buying a property, that could offset it.  I'm probably completely wrong but just wanted clarification.

Also, say I wanted to sell a ton of stock for profit after 1 year, it says 39k salary or below pays 0% capital gains tax.  Now is the profit you take included in that 39k?

Example:  I take 3 months off work to get my salary under 39k, I sell 50k in stock (long term capital gains profit), does that 50k in profit push me back over the 39k threshold?  Probably dumb questions but every way I look I'm going to get taxed to oblivion

the sale of silver would be taxable... if you sold a building you could exchange it into other real estate (section 1031) but you can't do that with metals... if you are inclined to avoid the tax just sell it to another person/coin shop, or don't report it

yes the profit on stocks is included in that number, but that is TAXABLE INCOME, so if you had no other income you could essentially take 52k or so worth of long-term gains at 0% (standard deduction applies)... but if you had salary of 30k then only the first 22k or so of gains would be 0%