Master stock pick thread

WVU

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, WVU said:

yes.  It's all about streaming.  No more need to cram into a theater and eat their $20 popcorn/soda combo.

Theatres have always been a middle man between the studios and the viewers. 

Studios are wise to cut out the middle man and deliver their products cheaper directly to the consumers. 

Studios win, consumers win.

Middle man pounds sand...

It is a completely new arena on trade.  Those who have advanced tech will survive.  Those that don't will fail.   Consumers will still consume, but they won't leave their house to do it.  

There is no longer a need for many retail outlets which would include auto dealers, electronics stores, and basic main street storefronts

4 hours ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

The traditional real estate businesses is next to evolve.

It already has.  I’ve been viewing properties in 3D virtual reality with my oculus goggles.  Most showings are virtual now.  You can walk the house and neighborhood while sitting on your couch.  You can complete the entire buying process without ever seeing a single person and from 1000 miles away.

15 minutes ago, WVU said:

It already has.  I’ve been viewing properties in 3D virtual reality with my oculus goggles.  Most showings are virtual now.  You can walk the house and neighborhood while sitting on your couch.  You can complete the entire buying process without ever seeing a single person and from 1000 miles away.

What are you looking to buy? Just bought some land and in the process of drawing some house plans. Build in another year or so when lumber prices start to lower. 

19 minutes ago, WVU said:

What are you saying here?

Ipob is gonna bring open door public somewhere around 12/17

new ticker will be OPEN

you can establish a position now but you’d wanna sell it before PIPE registration. 30-45 days after merger. Or you can establish your position after registration.

https://www.opendoor.com/

This is gonna go to the moon.

5 hours ago, WVU said:

2 things that may never be the same again.

1. movie industry

2. Cruise industry

Tough to invest in either of those in this climate

Why would you like airlines but not cruises?

Cruises will make it.  In 2 years, people will have forgotten Covid was ever a thing 

5 minutes ago, rjt said:

Why would you like airlines but not cruises?

Cruises will make it.  In 2 years, people will have forgotten Covid was ever a thing 

Airlines can’t hold you hostage for 20 days like some cruise lines did.  Ask around.  Ask people if they will ever go on a cruise again.  Many will say no.  Myself included and I went on many.  Airlines opened back up pretty quickly and many people are flying again.  I can see empty cruise ships from my balcony that have been sitting offshore for months.  The cruise industry will never come back from this.  Too many people in close quarters with nowhere to go.  Cruise lines were suffering before the pandemic with people getting sick.