WVU

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, housepicks said:

Ipob is gonna bring open door public somewhere around 12/17

new ticker will be OPEN

you can establish a position now but you’d wanna sell it before PIPE registration. 30-45 days after merger. Or you can establish your position after registration.

https://www.opendoor.com/

This is gonna go to the moon.

Interesting 

39 minutes ago, WVU said:

Airlines can’t hold you hostage for 20 days like some cruise lines did.  Ask around.  Ask people if they will ever go on a cruise again.  Many will say no.  Myself included and I went on many.  Airlines opened back up pretty quickly and many people are flying again.  I can see empty cruise ships from my balcony that have been sitting offshore for months.  The cruise industry will never come back from this.  Too many people in close quarters with nowhere to go.  Cruise lines were suffering before the pandemic with people getting sick.

I agree with your assessment. 

Another big difference between airlines and cruise lines is the type of travel each facilitates, cruise ships are 100% leisure travel.

Airlines are essential to business travel and business is conducted regardless of pandemics. 

35 minutes ago, ERBtheGREAT said:

Cruise lines always bounce back better than ever after a crisis.  Just remember a lot of Americans think corona is a hoax.  Once people are vaccinated cruises will be fine.  He’ll I’d go on a cruise now with no vaccines.  

always?  They have never experienced anything like this before.  How solvent are they when they are sitting on billions of debt with zero dollars coming in?  This isn't a simple stomach virus getting passengers sick which is what they have dealt with in the past.  This is a game changing virus that will permanently alter the way we travel and vacation.

1 hour ago, WeinkeToWarrick said:

I think you’re overstating the impact it will have on old people who are the ones taking cruises regularly anyway. 

that said I have gotten rid of my RCL stock.

Perhaps, but the average age of cruise passengers is not really that old.

46.7 years

According to the Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) Global Passenger Report, the average age of cruise passenger was 46.7 yearsold – holding steady from the previous two years.Aug 22, 2019

10 minutes ago, ERBtheGREAT said:

i'm in Carnival at 9 bucks, i'll probably trim my position next year but I don't see this dropping with the vaccine approval coming soon, etc.  No reason why this can't be in the mid 30's by next fall

probably just as likely as them going to bankrupt court

6 hours ago, WeinkeToWarrick said:

Man do I feel dumb for not at least dropping 1k into PRTY. What a call and what a run.

somebody give me a winner

On 5/27/2020 at 12:29 PM, Jimmy Hoffa said:

Boyd Gaming (BYD) may have some room to run another 12-15 points.

Their exposure to mobile-friendly sports betting states is very similar to that of Penn.

May 27, 2020         21.96
Dec 04, 2020         42.30