How high will bitcoin go?

WVU

1 minute ago, Roach23 said:

IAG!! How are you my friend?  Hope you're kicking ass

Hanging in there!...nothing exciting to report.    You?? Good to see you for your once in a blue moon appearance!!!  I just took a peak via Google and found a potential issue.  https://www.coindesk.com/bittrex-to-delist-privacy-coins-monero-dash-and-zcash

Hope you are well as well!  What’s been going on with you?  

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, IAG said:

Hanging in there!...nothing exciting to report.    You?? Good to see you for your once in a blue moon appearance!!!  I just took a peak via Google and found a potential issue.  https://www.coindesk.com/bittrex-to-delist-privacy-coins-monero-dash-and-zcash

Hope you are well as well!  What’s been going on with you?  

I'm good.  I miss all my forum friends but I more or less retired from compulsive gambling on sports.  If I'm posting on forums too much it brings back that itch, which I can't do with 2 kids now.  Though sweating stocks and crypto has replaced that, but at least I can write off my losses so i'm only losing 70 cents rather than a dollar ? (I don't have losses though since stonks only go up)

26 minutes ago, Roach23 said:

I'm good.  I miss all my forum friends but I more or less retired from compulsive gambling on sports.  If I'm posting on forums too much it brings back that itch, which I can't do with 2 kids now.  Though sweating stocks and crypto has replaced that, but at least I can write off my losses so i'm only losing 70 cents rather than a dollar ? (I don't have losses though since stonks only go up)

We miss you too! Your pal Teddy went (down) south so he has not been around..I don’t think I made but a couple bets in the 2017 crypto days,  and still not remotely as much as in the day...even when there were full sports cards.   I hear ya on sweating stocks and crypto (mostly crypto..).  Way crazier adrenaline than a game for sure!    If you play cards, you could join the Ungar room...pm me for more info if interested.  Remind me age of your kids..did you have two last we talked?  ...or pm me sometime to catch up!  

3 hours ago, IAG said:

Hey Roach!  I know you directed this at WVU, but Smoke is a big Monero guy I believe. He could probably tell you more.   It’s always been used more for that sort of thing as one of the most popular “privacy coins” as you indicated....used to be rivals with Dash and Zcash, but I think it has some better rivals now..they had some issues on tech side years ago above my pay grade...not sure If those were solved or not.   

I owned it once, but that’s not saying much since I owned all the top 100 or so coins of 2017 at one time or another. Ha. 

Those privacy coins were the get rich coins in 2017. Many exchanges took down Ripple because of the SEC lawsuit. Trump pardoned a Ripple board member Kurson. The privacy coins are now being taken down. The privacy coin that I still like today is ZEN. Hodgkinson that works with Cardano also advices ZEN along with ETC.

Thoughts on other coins.

1. ETH - ETH futures with be on the CME in February. Transactions should increase from approximately 15 transactions per second to 100,000 TPS with ETH2. Gas fees will go down.
2. ADA - Better version of ETH but it's been tough to get many to covert from ETH to ADA.
3. DOT - DOT still has a big upside in that it's getting a lot of love even though it's still in an early stage. It's part of DeFi which is popular right now and where you will find the 1000x coins. I like ZKS and POLS.

Many DeFi coins can only be traded on decentralized exchanges. ERC-20 tokens are traded on such sites such as Uniswap. You have to pay a fee (gas) for ETH transactions and it's high right now. DOT tries to solve that problem. ZKS also solves the problem and is my HR or strike out coin.

4 hours ago, Roach23 said:

WVU what are your thoughts on Monero?  A golf buddy of mine who is a prosecutor said that's what all the drug dealers seems to be using now.  Much harder to track/trace compared to some of the others.

I missed this, Roach.  I don't really know much about Monero but I am looking into it.

17 minutes ago, raiders72 said:

Those privacy coins were the get rich coins in 2017. Many exchanges took down Ripple because of the SEC lawsuit. Trump pardoned a Ripple board member Kurson. The privacy coins are now being taken down. The privacy coin that I still like today is ZEN. Hodgkinson that works with Cardano also advices ZEN along with ETC.

Thoughts on other coins.

1. ETH - ETH futures with be on the CME in February. Transactions should increase from approximately 15 transactions per second to 100,000 TPS with ETH2. Gas fees will go down.
2. ADA - Better version of ETH but it's been tough to get many to covert from ETH to ADA.
3. DOT - DOT still has a big upside in that it's getting a lot of love even though it's still in an early stage. It's part of DeFi which is popular right now and where you will find the 1000x coins. I like ZKS and POLS.

Many DeFi coins can only be traded on decentralized exchanges. ERC-20 tokens are traded on such sites such as Uniswap. You have to pay a fee (gas) for ETH transactions and it's high right now. DOT tries to solve that problem. ZKS also solves the problem and is my HR or strike out coin.

Hoskinson kind of a douche, but reluctantly broke my no more alts position and went with Cardano....again.    Bought Dot also ...unfortunately at recent high. 
ZKSwap proved to me the Suppoman effect is still at work,  as it shot right up two days ago and yesterday following a video he devoted to it.  ZKS may well be a good coin, but until I see a reason other than Supposhill for recent spike (or take time to research) I’m holding off on buying. 

I do have a question for you regarding Dot staking.  Have never staked anything including Tezos which I bought  at ICO and have not moved...lol..I bought DOT the other day and Kraken had option that appeared easy for staking.    Was reading about any potential downside and it talked about potentially getting “slashed”  and losing coin if the operator? (Forget the technical name) screws up.  How often does that sort of thing happen?  Would you stake all, none, or a portion of your Dot?

Have been seeing POLS mentioned quite a bit on Twitter...glad you mentioned it,,,reminded me to check it out.

27 minutes ago, IAG said:

Hoskinson kind of a douche, but reluctantly broke my no more alts position and went with Cardano....again.    Bought Dot also ...unfortunately at recent high. 
ZKSwap proved to me the Suppoman effect is still at work,  as it shot right up two days ago and yesterday following a video he devoted to it.  ZKS may well be a good coin, but until I see a reason other than Supposhill for recent spike (or take time to research) I’m holding off on buying. 

I do have a question for you regarding Dot staking.  Have never staked anything including Tezos which I bought  at ICO and have not moved...lol..I bought DOT the other day and Kraken had option that appeared easy for staking.    Was reading about any potential downside and it talked about potentially getting “slashed”  and losing coin if the operator? (Forget the technical name) screws up.  How often does that sort of thing happen?  Would you stake all, none, or a portion of your Dot?

Have been seeing POLS mentioned quite a bit on Twitter...glad you mentioned it,,,reminded me to check it out.

Suppoman and another popular youtuber pumped it together. I think Hoskinson's personality is the only thing holding back Cardano. He made some enemies.

And for those who might want to ride Supposhill’s pumps and have no idea who I’m talking about, here is his Twitter.  I watch his YouTube channel. I don’t trust his coins long term, but in the day was easy money short term.  I dk if he still has a big loyal following or not,   Found his Twitter just now and he mentioned the “Suppoman effect” on ZKS as well.   And here I thought I came up with that phrase.  Maybe it was in my memory bank somewhere for three years. 

6 minutes ago, raiders72 said:

Suppoman and another popular youtuber pumped it together. I think Hoskinson's personality is the only thing holding back Cardano. He made some enemies.

Who was the other YouTuber out of curiosity?  Currently have CryptoDaily, Data Dash and Boxmining on my start watching regularly again list. DD does a lot of TA I can’t follow that well, but good for someone who likes charts.