How high will bitcoin go?

WVU

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

Okay, then what type of news or event moves BTC lower?

Feds implementing  stricter KYC/reporting laws...(though should not matter to legit new money) penalties imposed on retailers if determined any money comes from illicit gain, IRS crackdown, hacks...

Most of the thIngs that used to bring sharp declines just don’t apply to current scenario because more and more of  the big money is on the up and up and in secure traditional brokerages 

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, IAG said:

Feds implementing  stricter KYC/reporting laws...(though should not matter to legit new money) penalties imposed on retailers if determined any money comes from illicit gain, IRS crackdown, hacks...

Most of the thIngs that used to bring sharp declines just don’t apply to current scenario because more and more of  the big money is on the up and up and in secure traditional brokerages 

agreed

complacency/lack of interest is really the only thing that will make btc drift lower, like it did from 20k down to 3k

btc goes through these periods of huge interest/mania and then lack of interest... i think with the bigger players now in the space they will be buying dips like me... so those 15-20% flash crashes might be common but not just the tokyo drift down for months

Just now, milwaukee mike said:

agreed

complacency/lack of interest is really the only thing that will make btc drift lower, like it did from 20k down to 3k

btc goes through these periods of huge interest/mania and then lack of interest... i think with the bigger players now in the space they will be buying dips like me... so those 15-20% flash crashes might be common but not just the tokyo drift down for months

Agree as well!  

48 minutes ago, milwaukee mike said:

iag are you big on any other cryptos at the moment?

other than one big gain on xrp, i have mostly been btc

90 plus percent BTC.  Some ETH, LTC, BCH (coins available on PP...they will be introducing International crypto sales in 2021....maybe they already have lol...had some stragglers had to move from Binance, but traded most all into BTC today.  The big institional money will all be BTC right?  At least at this point...maybe some ETH?   
Still have my Tezos from ICO...I just haven’t followed alts for so long and don’t want to spend 24/7 researching low liquidity coins now in case of big correction.  The days trading easy alt money is gone,,,at least for an unskilled trader like me, so prefer just to HODL the blue chip coins, primarily BTC..

You know I’ve never been a Ripple fan. Had a bit but sold..little surprised it came back as much as it did after the SEC news. I think I bought my XLM with XRP money after that..they stemmed from same place,  so thought may helpStellar and something did (Probabky Ukraine deal)  but as said, traded to BTC today, 

I just don’t see alt seasons of old... might regret but I’ll be happy if BTC stays the course.  Far less hassle, PITA tax calculations, and downside imo. At least right now, no energy to put the work in as in 2017 researching coins 18/24, and I’ve forgotten most of what I knew then about coins like ADA, Iota, etc

1 hour ago, IAG said:

Okay...

But this is a little like saying the Phillip Morris stock price is contingent upon whether the government bans cigarettes. 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

Okay...

But this is a little like saying the Phillip Morris stock price is contingent upon whether the government bans cigarettes. 

Exactly.   Some countries have banned already, and BTC survives, but more regulation will hamper. You asked what would would affect price...we told you...dk what else there is to say about it. 

Other factors move the needle.  PayPal trading bitcoin started the run we are in now.  Coinbase going public is another.  Wyoming trying to be bitcoin banking capital of the world is another. 

banks being able to accept it is now and next.  Then the 1 trillion mark at 50k opens the door for the largest of investors as they move assets to bitcoin .

11 minutes ago, IAG said:

Are you considering investing?

Yes.

However... I'm still clearly studying. Up to now I'm of the mind that BTC mostly moves on air as compared to other currencies (Euros, GBP, etc.) that move on news.

I've used it for funding offshore accounts to this point. I once made $14.00 in my wallet while sitting in a meeting and was delayed in moving it to 5 Dimes!

Bitcoin is replacing gold.

gold dropped 4% and a gold bar is now worth less than a coin. Money is just people all agreeing something has value. People are now agreeing that something digital is far easier and makes a lot more sense for large financial movement than a semi truck full of gold.

it’s gonna go thru stops and falls and all of that as people determine if they’re willing to agree to value it it, but we are now on a path of inevitably. If I wasn’t so chicken shit I’d be buying as much as I could. In 5 years I guarantee it’s worth more.

1 hour ago, WeinkeToWarrick said:

gold dropped 4% and a gold bar is now worth less than a coin. Money is just people all agreeing something has value. People are now agreeing that something digital is far easier and makes a lot more sense for large financial movement than a semi truck full of gold.

it’s gonna go thru stops and falls and all of that as people determine if they’re willing to agree to value it it, but we are now on a path of inevitably. If I wasn’t so chicken shit I’d be buying as much as I could. In 5 years I guarantee it’s worth more.

Well said

4 hours ago, WeinkeToWarrick said:

:scratch

gold bar is 100 ounces, that's $190k

i like btc but gold is king, always has been and always will be

1 hour ago, undertaker said:

Yes, jewellery made out of bitcoin will be huge in the future, as will the cpu's/processors and other electronic components that relied on gold.

Looking forward to buying the first iPhone made from bitcoin components.

Undertaker is a i non-believer.. 

On 1/9/2021 at 2:02 AM, IAG said:

Undertaker is a i non-believer.. 

Not a non believer. I believe bitcoin could have been useful, but its an old technology now, almost 13 yrs old. Thats an eternity for tech. Bitcoin processes less than 10 transactions a second, approximately. Ethereum is working on version two which wiil be able to process 200k transactions per second. Ethereum can also run the entire bitcoin blockchain while simultaneously doing its own thing. Still love bitcoin? Keep betting on it. Who knows how long you may be able to press your luck. It will end eventually though, we just can't know exactly when.

KzKzTgy.jpg

I also believe its possible for bitcoin to go a lot higher AND/OR much lower. But what I do know for certain is that bitcoin trading and the whole bitcoin market is just another place to gamble. Some peoples bitcoin bets will cash and make money and others will lose. I also believe bitcoin can crash at any moment due to something unforseen.