Forget the Covid Thread. Vaxxed or Unvaxxed

sleepy

So my BF just tested positive for COVID after being in NJ/NY since Friday.  He was sick in SD (both of us) but both tested negative there..I think that’s just a bad cold but I might test again since no better. Doc gave me antibiotics and prednisone yesterday, but doubt that helps. .  He felt better, flew out there and got sick again. Fok me.  I have been vaccinated (he wasn’t) so hope it’s not too bad.  He’s supposed to come back Tuesday..fok.   

At least the rental has three bedrooms. 

• Replies 26.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sleepy

• FISHHEAD

• mikeman

• RaiseThese

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, IAG said:

So my BF just tested positive for COVID after being in NJ/NY since Friday.  He was sick in SD (both of us) but both tested negative there..I think that’s just a bad cold but I might test again since no better. Doc gave me antibiotics and prednisone yesterday, but doubt that helps. .  He felt better, flew out there and got sick again. Fok me.  I have been vaccinated (he wasn’t) so hope it’s not too bad.  He’s supposed to come back Tuesday..fok.   

Take some vit D, C, and zinc just in case.

35 minutes ago, IAG said:

Sounds like you're scared of it.  Why?

Just now, mikeman said:

You've had whatever it is for over a week now right? Relax, if you're not getting any worse it'll pass any day now.

Two weeks.  I’m more worried about him bringing the real covid back and getting sick….even if just like bad cold..we both tested negative before he left.

2 minutes ago, MonkeyF0cker said:

Tests don't cure it.  You should take those vitamins.  They'll help.  Also get some Tylenol.

Tylenol helps immensely with any body aches.

I don’t have body aches.  pretty sure I just have bad cold…I just don’t want to get over it and then come down with covid…

Just now, IAG said:

I don’t have body aches.  pretty sure I just have bad cold…I just don’t want to get over it and then come down with covid…

So the Dr gave you that stuff yesterday? Are you taking them? Those steroids should start kicking in pretty fast.

He didn't do a covid test, just took your word on the earlier test that was neg?

1 minute ago, mikeman said:

Yup, all those tests do is get you all riled up if they're positive.

If you got a positive one, would you isolate?  Get on a plane?   I guess will see how sick he is.   Sucks he flew to Jersey for Christmas and can’t go to dinner and see his 10,000 cousins, aunts and uncles that he rarely sees. 

Just now, IAG said:

If you got a positive one, would you isolate?  Get on a plane?   I guess will see how sick he is.   Sucks he flew to Jersey for Christmas and can’t go to dinner and see his 10,000 cousins, aunts and uncles that he rarely sees. 

Chances are  20-30% of that family gathering has it too, IMO all this crazy testing is ridiculous. thousands of people wasting their precious time standing out in the cold for hours - all for tests it might take days to get the results.

As far as the plane goes - he's forced to mask, and we all know masks work great, so it's no concern...sorta.

3 minutes ago, mikeman said:

So the Dr gave you that stuff yesterday? Are you taking them? Those steroids should start kicking in pretty fast.

He didn't do a covid test, just took your word on the earlier test that was neg?

Yes.  And I started them.  
and yes didn’t test,,,Because I had no fever also…but bf didn’t either and doesn’t now..but doc didn’t test mostly because I had one a week ago. 

Will  the steroid still work on a viral condition? I don’t think the antibiotics will do much.

2 minutes ago, mikeman said:

Chances are  20-30% of that family gathering has it too, IMO all this crazy testing is ridiculous. thousands of people wasting their precious time standing out in the cold for hours - all for tests it might take days to get the results.

As far as the plane goes - he's forced to mask, and we all know masks work great, so it's no concern...sorta.

No lines here for home ones and get instant results.  Supposed to be 97 percent accurate.

I went to a hospice facility yesterday, so I sure hope that early test wasn’t wrong!

1 minute ago, IAG said:

and yes didn’t test,,,Because I had no fever also…but bf didn’t either and doesn’t now..but doc didn’t test mostly because I had one a week ago. 

Will  the steroid still work on a viral condition? I don’t think the antibiotics will do much.

Yeah.  Steroids work well.  The antibiotics will help your immune system even with a viral infection.  Less it has to do.

Just now, IAG said:

No lines here for home ones and get instant results.  Supposed to be 97 percent accurate.

I went to a hospice facility yesterday, so I sure hope that early test wasn’t wrong!

Yea, we see and hear all the stories of no tests in blue states, from what I've heard red states are swimming in them since there aren't as many neurotics.

3 minutes ago, IAG said:

The steroids wont do anything if you have a virus, they should make you feel better due to their anti inflammitory properties however. The antibiotics  are just in case it's a bug.

If you ordered a test may as well do it again, it'll be interesting if theis one is positive as that would mean they really dont work/not reliable.

5 minutes ago, KingKolzig said:

2 weeks thats not covid its just the worst cold in your area. when i was about 22 i was in the prime of my life and got a cold that lasted a month. terrible stuffed up congestion for an entire month. some colds are just terrible

This is worst of my life.  Wouldn’t question what it was if he didn’t test positive…I’ll take mine…if negative he probably got it at McSorley’s…looks like a place one would get covid.