• Jimmy Hoffa

• mikeman

• vitalyo

• Bigrunner

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, WVU said:

The Polish/German tanks are coming!

A 100. :laugh in kershon last fall the russians destroyed dozens in a day when the ukes were attacking.

Here's a graphic that demonstrates their problem, the tiny yellow area is what they could cover - IF they sent them all to one area instead of scattering them. The ukrainians are done, finished, kaput, the west is scouring the world for scraps that the russians will destroy in short order.

American Abrams tanks are simply not suited for places like ukraine.

The russians are now pressuring the entire front which is hundreds of miles long, this means the Ukes cant move their forces from place to place to support weak areas, all the while the russians have at least 2 huge army groups sitting north of the border in belarus and near karkiv ready to invade - which is forcing the ukrainians to keep large forces there just in case.

These collapsing fronts(bakhmut, donetsk, ugeldor) are each 75-100 miles apart.

image.png.3386f2dca9f783706f38e7eb6fe004a5.png

image.png.cfb8896f84b2a207692f879597fc461c.png

1 hour ago, vitalyo said:

Anyway all these talk about leopard tanks and possibly Abrams. Watch the video below from someone who knows better than us. 

Without a properly trained crew and logistics the tank is a "moving coffin". 

Sums up everything. Such a shame all the lives lost of people that are told they can win. Then forced to fight with no training. 

All just another big money grab with the poor paying with their lives 

Russian casualties in Ukraine above 100,000: US

The U.S. believes the number of Russians killed or injured fighting in Ukraine is well above 100,000, according to people familiar with the matter.

One source said the U.S. believes more than 150,000 Russians have been killed or wounded, and another source said the total number was approaching 200,000.

5 minutes ago, Bigrunner said:

The U.S. believes the number of Russians killed or injured fighting in Ukraine is well above 100,000, according to people familiar with the matter.

One source said the U.S. believes more than 150,000 Russians have been killed or wounded, and another source said the total number was approaching 200,000.

Yep, tons of killing.

Yet no outcry for peace talks...

Since a Russian missile struck a residential building in the Ukrainian city of Dnipro nine days ago, killing 46 and injuring 80 others, Muscovites have been coming to lay flowers — along with plush toys and photographs of the destroyed building — at the feet of the statue of Lesya Ukrainka, a Ukrainian poet and playwright who lived during the last decades of the Russian Empire.

The ritual, after one of the biggest death tolls from one strike since the war began, has become an expression of sorrow, shame and opposition to the war. But at regular intervals, authorities have been removing the flowers.

My endurance is finished; I want to show my opinion,” a lawyer named Ekaterina Varenik said Saturday afternoon after placing flowers on the statue. She was referring to not being able to express her opinion publicly.

Varenik, 26, said she last protested when opposition politician Alexei Navalny was arrested two years ago. She stayed home when thousands protested the war mobilization. But, she said of the crackdown, “Every day it gets worse and worse, and stricter and stricter.”

For more than half an hour, Varenik stood in front of the statue with a homemade poster that read, “Ukraine: not our enemies, but our brothers.”

She was detained by the police shortly afterward, and could face up to 15 days in prison.

The statue has been the site of altercations with pro-war nationalists, who have denounced the mourners and accused them in reports to the authorities of discrediting the Russian military, which is now a crime in Russia.

The Kremlin’s crackdown on political opposition and protests accelerated after the invasion of Ukraine. About 20,000 protesters have been detained since the war began, according to OVD Info, a human rights watchdog. Many lost their jobs after protesting, signing petitions or writing social media posts critical of the war.

Ilya Yashin, a municipal councilor in Moscow, was sentenced to 8 1/2 years in prison for speaking about Russian atrocities in Bucha, Ukraine. A 19-year-old university student from the city of Arkhangelsk is facing up to 10 years in jail for social media posts criticizing the war.

In that context, defying the police to lay flowers may require a degree of bravery, but it also takes a mental toll that has become harder to bear as the war grinds on.

“I know that at any minute the police can come to my house and arrest me,” said Maksim Shatalov, 36, a former flight attendant who said he had been fired from his job because of his anti-war position.

Shatalov became friends with a tight-knit circle of activists after being thrown into an avtozak, or police van, after a protest in April. During the summer and fall, they protested against the mobilization, painted anti-war messages around in the city in chalk and laid flowers at other memorials.

Shatalov and his friend Anna Saifytdinova, 34, brought flowers together to the statue one recent evening. She had four white roses — Russians give an even number of flowers as a tribute to the dead.

Because one of their friends, a minor, had been detained after placing a picture of the devastated Dnipro building at the base of the statue, Saifytdinova waited until there were no people around so they could not be accused of staging an unsanctioned protest.

“I already spent eight days in jail for protesting mobilization,” she said. “If I am detained again, I face criminal charges.”

That could mean a sentence of up to 10 years.

“It’s like Russian roulette,” she said. “You never know when something bad could happen, or when it won’t happen. Some people have been detained for holding a blank piece of paper in public.”

Shatalov said he was planning to leave Russia soon because he feared arrest.

“I believe that I would do more good in another country than by staying here without a job and without a livelihood,” he said. “What will I accomplish when I sit in a prison camp: Will I be beaten up constantly or kept in a cage all the time like Navalny? Or someone from the private military company Wagner will come to try to recruit me to fight in Ukraine with threats that if I don’t sign up? They’ll just drive me to the point where I kill myself.”

Still, some who risk arrest insist on showing their resistance.

“Moscow is a huge city, and everyone is quiet,” said Varenik, the lawyer, before she was detained for her anti-war poster. “I want to show the world that we should not be quiet. We allow all of this with our silence.”

The escalation continues. Joe Biden is a warmonger. 

News Article

U.S. Leans Toward Providing Abrams Tanks to Ukraine

2:31pm ET 1/24/2023 Editor's Picks

By Michael R. Gordon, Gordon Lubold and Bojan Pancevski

WASHINGTON—The Biden administration is leaning toward sending a significant number of Abrams M1 tanks to Ukraine and an announcement of the deliveries could come this week, U.S. officials said.

1 hour ago, Bigrunner said:

BBC estimates far less than 20K russians dead. meanwhile ukraine is between 150-200K.