Who has been to Devil’s Tower?

IAG

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s a different way of life out there.  When I went to see my friend he told me he was working that day and would see me when he got off, but would leave a spare Tahoe for me to drive to his place.  I asked him how the hell would this work, and he casually mentioned that he would just throw the keys under the floor mat and leave it unlocked.  I asked him wasn’t he worried about it getting robbed and was told that would never happen there.  That’s how life should be.

58 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

It’s a different way of life out there.  When I went to see my friend he told me he was working that day and would see me when he got off, but would leave a spare Tahoe for me to drive to his place.  I asked him how the hell would this work, and he casually mentioned that he would just throw the keys under the floor mat and leave it unlocked.  I asked him wasn’t he worried about it getting robbed and was told that would never happen there.  That’s how life should be.

I never lock my car, even when I went on vacation all over the west last year i didn't, as far as I know no one has ever opened the door. I dont even lock my house when I leave most of the time.

It's a feeling of freedom when you choose to stop living in fear.

6 minutes ago, mikeman said:

I never lock my car, even when I went on vacation all over the west last year i didn't, as far as I know no one has ever opened the door. I dont even lock my house when I leave most of the time.

It's a feeling of freedom when you choose to stop living in fear.

It’s not fear vs common sense in most places not Wyoming,  Wyoming is how it should be though.

4 hours ago, milwaukee mike said:

i get that, just weird to me how little of the country most people see... you're obviously better in that regard than the majority... i used to help out with so many people that have never even left the milwaukee/chicago area!

People like me.  I do need some New Glarus though.

4 hours ago, PatrickBateman said:

IAG stalks my social media accounts, posts my employer's information and gives my real name to anyone that asks.

She's a total piece of shit.

copy/paste from 2010 forward

just change the first name to the poster who just rubbed your super-thin skin the wrong way that day 

16 hours ago, milwaukee mike said:

wow that's a whole 6 hours away... 6 hrs from me is detroit, indianapolis, st louis, all of which i've been to at least 20 times

You might be surprised at how insular some people are. I briefly dated someone that was in her late 20s, lived in Georgia her whole life and had never been to North Carolina. Couldn't believe it.

Its not like she was in South GA either, she lived in Marietta.

31 minutes ago, HinesWard86 said:

You might be surprised at how insular some people are. I briefly dated someone that was in her late 20s, lived in Georgia her whole life and had never been to North Carolina. Couldn't believe it.

That’s pretty unfathomable.  Georgia is definitely just one of those states though.  Before having kids my buddy in Wyoming was constantly just up and traveling to Utah, Montana, Colorado, Idaho every weekend or so.  We don’t really do that here, but still not making it to North Carolina, or Tennessee once in your entire life is strange.  I assume she at least went to Florida like most for vacation?

1 minute ago, FairWarning said:

It used to be.  Can’t go to any city that protects criminals.

Exactly, there's always been cities with bad areas of town, but now you have cities where not only wont the police even try to protect innocent people, if they do know who commits a crime they will do nothing.

It changes the equation from the old " nothing will happen in broad daylight, I'll take my chances" to a complete no go.

2 hours ago, HinesWard86 said:

it's weird right?

when we were staying in harvey louisiana for a few days, i was chatting with the girl at the desk and she said "milwaukee?  is it cold there?"  lolol

she said she had never been north of louisiana