sleepy

way worse than Brock

who the fuk pays 50k to kill a animal?

didn't know we had so many lions that we could shot them all dead

fukking prikk deserves all the death threats and hate he is getting

i'm glad he closed his business and lost all his patients

fuk him

https://www.facebook.com/boycottdentistjamespalmer

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/amanda-glassman/shooting-to-kill-a-hunters-right_b_7889352.html

Guy is a POS.

But these hunters are a big reason these animals even still exist. This guy has given more to conservation of these animals than pretty much anyone on the planet but no media outlet will cover that.

These big game hunters fund the majority of all the conservation efforts that help kep away poachers and etc.

One decent source I could find to back up my point. Let me find it

I heard the story on my ride back from Wisconsin

I wish they would bring back the old death match days in ancient Rome

take a bunch of hungry lions and tigers and let this Walter Palmer piece of shit battle it out with them in front of 90000

i pay a good chunk of money to see him get torn to shreds and eaten

He is a sociopath. Probably killed small animals as a child. Lucky for us humans he became a dentist. Court of public opinion has already begun to eat him alive...rightfully so. His business is done and will probably have to change his identity. Hunter has become the hunted lol. 

Guy is a POS.

But these hunters are a big reason these animals even still exist. This guy has given more to conservation of these animals than pretty much anyone on the planet but no media outlet will cover that.

These big game hunters fund the majority of all the conservation efforts that help kep away poachers and etc.

One decent source I could find to back up my point. Let me find it

You're an idiot. Proper hunting and fishing license 's are what control game management. Stocking fish and other wildlife come from this.

Paying top dollar to kill an endangered species? Really?

How the fuck does that help anything dipshit?

You're an idiot. Proper hunting and fishing license 's are what control game management. Stocking fish and other wildlife come from this.

Why act smart when not knowing?

Here's one of many sources.

http://indefinitelywild.gizmodo.com/lion-murderer-walt-palmer-has-done-more-for-conservatio-1720901473#_ga=1.119302025.1606963753.1420592535

Lion murderer Walt Palmer is an asshole. But, he’s also an asshole who’s contributed more money to animal conservation in Africa than pretty much anyone else. In fact, trophy hunters like him are a large part of the reason we still have animals like lions at all.

Hunting is one of those things that, if you don’t do it, probably flies in the face of your carefully curated 21st century morals. Everyone likes animals, so killing them is wrong, right? The fact is that there’s far more nuance to the argument than that.

And then there’s trophy hunting. Which, full disclosure: I think is dumb. But, because it attaches a large economic incentive to the continued presence of animals that often live in conflict with us humans, it contributes to, if not outright ensures their survival. Let’s look at why that is.

First, are there numbers that back this up? Can the link between high-dollar trophy hunting of endangered species and their conservation be quantified? Conservation Magazine studied the issue and found:

“According to a 2005 paper by Nigel Leader-Williams and colleagues in the Journal of International Wildlife Law and Policy the answer is yes. Leader-Williams describes how the legalization of white rhinoceros hunting in South Africa motivated private landowners to reintroduce the species onto their lands. As a result, the country saw an increase in white rhinos from fewer than one hundred individuals to more than 11,000, even while a limited number were killed as trophies.”

What’s going on there is that a specific economic incentive was introduced that benefited the white rhino population. Yes, this resulted in some being killed and turned into the world’s most morbid umbrella stands or whatever, but by and large, the white rhino population was able recover from the brink of extinction specifically thanks to trophy hunting.

Your social media outrage didn’t save the white rhino in South Africa, assholes like Walt Palmer did.

In fact, conservation and hunting have long gone hand in hand. Noted big game hunter Teddy Roosevelt is widely considered the originator of the modern conservation movement thanks to his acknowledgement that managed use for profit, rather than simply setting aside vast tracts of land for no purpose but preservation, was a viable model for protecting our natural heritage.

Teddy famously stated:

“The nation behaves well if it treats the natural resources as assets which it must turn over to the next generation increased and not impaired in value. Conservation means development as much as it does protection.”

What he and conservationists found was that, to justify its existence in the harsh reality of the human world, nature needed to economically justify its existence.

Today, trophy hunting takes place in 23 sub-Saharan African nations, generating over $200 million and attracting over 18,000 clients each year. That’s money spent in the economies of multiple African nations directly pegged to the continuing presence of big game animals. It’s a large economic incentive for conservation of these species. And it’s growing.

Read up and then get back to me. Thanks.

Why act smart when not knowing?

Here's one of many sources. http://indefinitelywild.gizmodo.com/lion-murderer-walt-palmer-has-done-more-for-conservatio-1720901473#_ga=1.119302025.1606963753.1420592535

Lion murderer Walt Palmer is an asshole. But, he’s also an asshole who’s contributed more money to animal conservation in Africa than pretty much anyone else. In fact, trophy hunters like him are a large part of the reason we still have animals like lions at all.

Hunting is one of those things that, if you don’t do it, probably flies in the face of your carefully curated 21st century morals. Everyone likes animals, so killing them is wrong, right? The fact is that there’s far more nuance to the argument than that.

And then there’s trophy hunting. Which, full disclosure: I think is dumb. But, because it attaches a large economic incentive to the continued presence of animals that often live in conflict with us humans, it contributes to, if not outright ensures their survival. Let’s look at why that is.

First, are there numbers that back this up? Can the link between high-dollar trophy hunting of endangered species and their conservation be quantified? Conservation Magazine studied the issue and found:

“According to a 2005 paper by Nigel Leader-Williams and colleagues in the Journal of International Wildlife Law and Policy the answer is yes. Leader-Williams describes how the legalization of white rhinoceros hunting in South Africa motivated private landowners to reintroduce the species onto their lands. As a result, the country saw an increase in white rhinos from fewer than one hundred individuals to more than 11,000, even while a limited number were killed as trophies.”

What’s going on there is that a specific economic incentive was introduced that benefited the white rhino population. Yes, this resulted in some being killed and turned into the world’s most morbid umbrella stands or whatever, but by and large, the white rhino population was able recover from the brink of extinction specifically thanks to trophy hunting.

Your social media outrage didn’t save the white rhino in South Africa, assholes like Walt Palmer did.

In fact, conservation and hunting have long gone hand in hand. Noted big game hunter Teddy Roosevelt is widely considered the originator of the modern conservation movement thanks to his acknowledgement that managed use for profit, rather than simply setting aside vast tracts of land for no purpose but preservation, was a viable model for protecting our natural heritage.

Teddy famously stated:

“The nation behaves well if it treats the natural resources as assets which it must turn over to the next generation increased and not impaired in value. Conservation means development as much as it does protection.”

What he and conservationists found was that, to justify its existence in the harsh reality of the human world, nature needed to economically justify its existence.

Today, trophy hunting takes place in 23 sub-Saharan African nations, generating over $200 million and attracting over 18,000 clients each year. That’s money spent in the economies of multiple African nations directly pegged to the continuing presence of big game animals. It’s a large economic incentive for conservation of these species. And it’s growing.

Read up and then get back to me. Thanks.

Yes. And I have no problems with hunting dangerous animals that have attacked people.

These auctions raise a great deal of money for conservationists.

A necessary evil, or so they say.

Timeless is an idiot.

I volunteered for New Hampshire fish and game along with my dad.

We would help stock fish, birds, and help with nuisance calls. He has absolutely no clue when it comes to stuff like this.

Keep to your salad bar pal.

House dressings getting low.