Who has the best TGF team?

Brick

I didn't vote on keepers resetting after a trade

It's going to be a pain in the ass to keep track of though.  If it resets and I trade for a guy at the deadline, do I get him for 3 full seasons or the remainder of that year and 2 more seasons?

The problem if they go back in the pool is it will hurt trading in this league.  No fun trading for a keeper if you can only have him for 1 year

And the draft 3 years from now will be loaded because it will have all the top studs in it again

you dont see guys trading for a stud in his last year while trying to make a playoff run or title?

Only bad thing is the 3 years and everyone back in the pool  would be nice if it staggered somehow

you dont see guys trading for a stud in his last year while trying to make a playoff run or title?

Only bad thing is the 3 years and everyone back in the pool  would be nice if it staggered somehow

Yeah the draft will be fun this year and then a bore for 2 seasons

The problem if they go back in the pool is it will hurt trading in this league.  No fun trading for a keeper if you can only have him for 1 year

And the draft 3 years from now will be loaded because it will have all the top studs in it again

Not if they are all traded to new teams and get another 3 years of keeper eligibility. 

And it becomes similar to real MLB where values for guys change based on keeper years remaining (ie contract years left). So if i have Kershaw and he cant be kept anymore or maybe can be kept 1 more time, but my team stinks and im clearly out of it that year. I can trade him to a team making a push as a rental for younger guys that maybe have 2-3 years of keeper elig left.

Throws more strategy and tougher valuations into the trade market which makes things interesting as well as guarantees the most any player will go is 3 years of not being in the draft pool 

Keeper options:

1 - RJ, Timely

2 - 

3 - tripp 

Keeper Trade Resets:

Yes - Timely, RJ

No - Tripp

Bat Scoring Change (DUMB)

-.5: TN, Brick, Tripp, George

-1: RJ, Timely

Reduce Roster Size 

No - 

By 2 -

By 3 - TN, Brick, George, Timely, Tripp?

All Players on Waiver Wire (Waivers nightly at Midnight)

Unanimous 

What about the pitching change?

10 points for win, 0 for QS

or

7 points for win, 3 for QS

Yeah the draft will be fun this year and then a bore for 2 seasons

How would that differ with your guys suggestion though? You guys are saying keeper status resets on trades, so those studs still wont be available for min 3 years and likely longer if they are dealt

But also remember not all the top studs will get kept as there is some strategy with keeper rounds lost

Maybe we just scrap this 3 year max and you can keep a guy as long as you want

How many guys are really gonna be kept for more than 3 years?

If you're losing a draft pick for the round the guy was taken in, it would be silly to keep your top 5 picks every year and start the draft the following year with a 6th round pick

Maybe we just scrap this 3 year max and you can keep a guy as long as you want

How many guys are really gonna be kept for more than 3 years?

If you're losing a draft pick for the round the guy was taken in, it would be silly to keep your top 5 picks every year and start the draft the following year with a 6th round pick

guys like kershaw would be kept every year. that was one of the biggest things that sparked guys wanting a reset as they never had a shot at players like that

Of course guys wont keep their top 5 every single year and lose picks 1-5 but the top guys that are top guys every year are easy keeps even if you lose a rd 1 pick

think we definitely need some sort of a short term max

Keeper options: (Proposed Keeper changes:

5 keepers

1 - Keep player based on draft round (max 3 years)

2 - Keep player based on draft round with 3 round reduction every year (lose 1st round pick if you keep round 1-3 guy, and can only keep for one year)

3 - Keep player based on draft round with 3 round reduction every year (lose 1st round pick if you keep round 1-3 guy, and can only keep for one year) Max year 3 years kept)

1 - RJ, Timely, TN

2 - 

3 - tripp 

Bat Scoring Change (DUMB)

-.5: Brick, Tripp, George

-1: RJ, Timely, TN

Reduce Roster Size 

No - 

By 2 -

By 3 - TN, Brick, George, Timely, Tripp?

All Players on Waiver Wire (Waivers nightly at Midnight)

Unanimous 

Pitching QS/W

10  win, 0 QS -

7 win, 3 QS - Timely

I scrapped Keeper Trade Resets

guys like kershaw would be kept every year. that was one of the biggest things that sparked guys wanting a reset as they never had a shot at players like that

Of course guys wont keep their top 5 every single year and lose picks 1-5 but the top guys that are top guys every year are easy keeps even if you lose a rd 1 pick

think we definitely need some sort of a short term max

Kershaw has back problems, and there's only one Kershaw. He's getting older too.

you can't make a leagues rules based around one player. Plus Sale is better anyway.

I don't agree that the player pool will be stagnant for 3 years. Guys will keep guys based on value. Not everyone will keep their first round pick. Some guys may keep a guy in the 10th round that is worth a 3rd or 4th round pick. Guys will make draft picks every year that turn out to be great and let go of past keepers who may struggle or get hurt one year. 3 years seems good on duration to refresh the pool with the elite of the elite that will always be kept; however short that list is.

Now tripp and Brick, be a man like TN and change your -.5 vote to -1.

I vote keep a guy as long as you want

A keeper league should be a keeper league. 95% of players wouldn't be kept 3+ years anyway. Trades happen, guys get old or injured, new players come along.

Obviously you still lose the draft pick for round he was taken in

I agree

I vote keep a guy as long as you want

A keeper league should be a keeper league. 95% of players wouldn't be kept 3+ years anyway. Trades happen, guys get old or injured, new players come along.

Obviously you still lose the draft pick for round he was taken in