worst police experience

sports j

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never once had my rights violated.  So I'm not sure what you are referring to.  

OK, then you're lucky.

If you get pulled over, and the officer asks to search your vehicle do you allow him to do it so you can be on your way? Do you tell your kids to allow the officer to search your vehicle?

Police officers overstep their bounds, and violate your rights, more often than you think. Many officers don't even know what they are legally allowed to do and not.

I have been pulled over a couple times in other states, and the officers asked to search my vehicle. I declined - not because I was hiding something, but because it's my right. They then start throwing threats out there like we'll bring in a dog... or "well then we need to take you down to the station, and it'll take a while for us to process everything, if you let us search you can just go." I always decline, because what is the point of rights if you're not going to use them. Usually I act like a bitch, say I'll call my lawyer and then call my old man, make him talk to them and eventually I'm let go. Most kids don't have a lawyer or parents that understand rights that well, so cops abuse their power.

Cops need to be put in check. You should not feel the need to "yes sir/no sir" an officer out of fear of retribution. Officers are their to serve, not harass.

Guest boatboatboat

OK, then you're lucky.

If you get pulled over, and the officer asks to search your vehicle do you allow him to do it so you can be on your way? Do you tell your kids to allow the officer to search your vehicle?

Police officers overstep their bounds, and violate your rights, more often than you think. Many officers don't even know what they are legally allowed to do and not.

I have been pulled over a couple times in other states, and the officers asked to search my vehicle. I declined - not because I was hiding something, but because it's my right. They then start throwing threats out there like we'll bring in a dog... or "well then we need to take you down to the station, and it'll take a while for us to process everything, if you let us search you can just go." I always decline, because what is the point of rights if you're not going to use them. Usually I act like a bitch, say I'll call my lawyer and then call my old man, make him talk to them and eventually I'm let go. Most kids don't have a lawyer or parents that understand rights that well, so cops abuse their power.

Cops need to be put in check. You should not feel the need to "yes sir/no sir" an officer out of fear of retribution. Officers are their to serve, not harass.

You do understand that by searching cars officers find drugs such as heroin and guns that have been or will be used to commit crimes.

there is a reason they ask

if you have none of those type of things, why wouldn't you allow them to confirm that with a simple search?

you might even find that when you are asked and say "yes sir you may", that the officer doesn't even search. He was simply using the question to assist in him determining if you were likely to be transporting something illegal or if you were going to be cooperative.  

Guest boatboatboat

What if he cops just refuse to talk to your old man? Do you force them too? If I'm a cop and you tell me I have to talk to your dad I am going to tell you to go scratch

I didn't tell him anything

I sat on a rock in wet cloths crying.

OK, then you're lucky.

Every time I have been pulled over, it has been for just cause.  Its probably happened about 10 times since I started driving at 16 yrs of age.

Most of those were for speeding, one was for an unsafe lane change, and the other was for having a tail light out.  I was never asked if they could search my vehicle.  I was very polite, and handed him the documentation he asked for.  Out of those 10 times, I was only ticketed 2 times.  I think being polite can go a long way in determining if you are ticketed or let go with a warning.  

One particular incident I had a police cruiser pull me over, about 5 other cops show up within seconds and they all draw their weapons on me and tell me to get out of the car.  (Mind you, I am coming home from work, with my work uniform on) The cop has gun to the back of my head shoving me around demanding to know where I dropped off my "accomplices".  I said what the FUCK are you talking about I am coming home from work.   So a few other cops slowly creep up to my car with shotguns as if they are about to blow someones head off.   They finally clear the car and come back to me and ask me why I robbed the gas station.  I have NO FUCKING CLUE what is going on.  So they search my entire vehicle, find some pot, find some cash, and attempt to seize said cash.  It took like an hour to explain to them that I was coming home from work and I had absolutely zero clue what the fuck they were talking about.

Turns out they claim my vehicle "matched" the description of a recent robbery.   Yeah bullshit, those fuckers were always harassing me.  They let me go with a ticket for the weed and gave me my cash back.  That was just one instance.   Small town, bad bad corrupt cops who liked to pull people over for all kinds of made up shit.

Similar story except I seen the cops point of view......

I was at work and it was about 5pm and I had my shirt off (tells you how long ago, my shirt don't come off in public no more lol) and my boss sent me to the truck for some parts, I took a jog to the truck as it was a bit away and down the alley and a cop went by and seen me and hits the brakes then in reverse and I knew what was coming.....,Hands up, turn around, grab by my hands and turned around and put face first on the hood of his car and we waited for his Sargent to show up with a discriptiion of the purse theif who just happened to rob an old lady around the block.......Sarge confirmed I wasn't the BLACK guy they were looking for and we all chuckled at that and I went on my way....

Wasn't bothered by it one bit, yes I was White and in jeans and work boots but I was also shirtless and running a steady jog somewhere close where a robbery had just took place......they're just doing their job, no harm no foul

Timely, What if he cops just refuse to talk to your old man? Do you force them to? If I'm a cop and you tell me I have to talk to your dad I am going to tell you to go scratch

They can't refuse to speak to my lawyer if they are asking to detain or search me. If they do I leave phone on speaker so he can hear and he probably records and if they ever tried to take me in everything would be thrown out

You do understand that by searching cars officers find drugs such as heroin and guns that have been or will be used to commit crimes.

if you have none of those type of things, why wouldn't you allow them to confirm that with a simple search?

you might even find that when you are asked and say "yes sir you may", that the officer doesn't even search. He was simply using the question to assist in him determining if you were likely to be transporting something illegal or if you were going to be cooperative.

Uh because they have no right to search my vehicle and violate my privacy. Why fight for rights if you're just going to give them away.

Just because I have out of state plates doesn't mean I'm doing something wrong.

Probable cause exists for a reason.

you might even find that when you are asked and say "yes sir you may", that the officer doesn't even search. He was simply using the question to assist in him determining if you were likely to be transporting something illegal or if you were going to be cooperative.

Your last paragraph is dreadful.

A cop can't ask just to see an answer. A decline does not equal probable cause and he has no right to question me when I say no. It's my vehicle.

You guys are just giving your rights away for no reason. Granting cops rights they aren't granted.

They can't refuse to speak to my lawyer if they are asking to detain or search me. If they do I leave phone on speaker so he can hear and he probably records and if they ever tried to take me in everything would be thrown out

sure they can refuse to speak to your lawyer. They are conducting an investigation. You aren't in a courtroom, pal

sure they can refuse to speak to your lawyer. They are conducting an investigation. You aren't in a courtroom, pal

You don't have to say a word to an officer once you've been detained. You don't have to be in a court room guy.

If you ask the officer am I free to go, and he does not answer with yes, you have then been detained. At that point you have a right to a lawyer and don't have to say a word to the officer.

Steps. Get pulled over. Hand officer license and registration. Ask him what the problem is. He'll explain violation. If he follows up with can I search you, and you decline, end of that. If he doesn't drop it, ask the officer if you are free to go, use those exact words. If he says no, he is now detaining you. If he says yes, I just need to write you a citation, you don't have the right to a lawyer.

Partying in the dorms years ago on St. Patricks day and my roommate got busted for underage consumption of alcohol.  He was placed under arrest and since he was being uncooperative they cuffed him behind the back and had a university officer ride in the back seat of him to go to the jail.  Roommate proceeded to bring his cuffs under his legs so hands were in front of him and pinch the cop because he wasnt wearing anything green on st pattys day.(was never charged with assaulting an officer)  We all pooled our money together to get him bailed out, but they decided no bail until he blew zeros since he was spitting chew all over the window in his solitary cell. 

Myself, no bad police experiences.  Just had a bunch of underage consumptions.

Guest boatboatboat

TH

Their goal isn't to take away your rights

Their goal is to get drugs and guns off the streets

if you don't have those things why not assist them in determining that?

You don't have to say a word to an officer once you've been detained. You don't have to be in a court room guy.

If you ask the officer am I free to go, and he does not answer with yes, you have then been detained. At that point you have a right to a lawyer and don't have to say a word to the officer.

yeah no shit, but they do not have to talk to your lawyer father even if you insist

yeah no shit, but they do not have to talk to your lawyer father even if you insist

What do you mean?

If the officer says you are not free to go, then you are no longer stopped for a traffic citation and you then have a right to a lawyer and they do have to speak with him. They may threaten to detain you and ask you to bring your lawyer in, but odds are they don't want to waste that much time either.

You said they don't have to talk to him. That's not true. If you're not free to go they have to talk to him - whether it be on the phone or at the station.

What do you mean?

If the officer says you are not free to go, then you are no longer stopped for a traffic citation and you then have a right to a lawyer and they do have to speak with him. They may threaten to detain you and ask you to bring your lawyer in, but odds are they don't want to waste that much time either.

You said they don't have to talk to him. That's not true. If you're not free to go they have to talk to him - whether it be on the phone or at the station.

they do not have to talk to your lawyer on the phone. Are you insane? They don't have to let you even use your phone. If they make an arrest you can call from the station, but not on the scene. Come on now. What world do you live in