The Poverty Meal Thread [Pictures & Videos]

Miley Cyrus

I can't afford a ribeye for lunch. But I damn sure am not eating potted meat. I'll land somewhere in the middle.

9.95 lb choice at Costco. Got 1.2lb so $12. No breakfast, and will probably have a 1/2lb burger some cheese and eggs for dinner, say $5. $17/day. Not bad, still 10* what Merlin probably spent but I bet most people spend more on some shitty fast food lunch.

9.95 lb choice at Costco. Got 1.2lb so $12. No breakfast, and will probably have a 1/2lb burger some cheese and eggs for dinner, say $5. $17/day. Not bad, still 10* what Merlin probably spent but I bet most people spend more on some shitty fast food lunch.

You clowns are just jealous of my fine, low cost meals. I spent $12 on cat food yesterday, the only stuff i bought for me was the potted meat, a can of soup(50 cents), and 3 bananas at 42 cents a lb. I have to buy the good stuff for the cat because of his diabetis, not to mention he wont eat the cheap shit, and food that the cat wont eat is worthless at any price.

no wonder the cat has diabetes, surprised you don't

He's been in remission for 4 months now, thank god. Supposedly he needs a high protein diet, not the cheap(hjgh carb) grain food most mass market cat food is. he also needs to lose weight, which he hasn't done, so it looks like the diet change was enough.

Nothing but the best for my Walter. :cheers

You clowns are just jealous of my fine, low cost meals. I spent $12 on cat food yesterday, the only stuff i bought for me was the potted meat, a can of soup(50 cents), and 3 bananas at 42 cents a lb. I have to buy the good stuff for the cat because of his diabetis, not to mention he wont eat the cheap shit, and food that the cat wont eat is worthless at any price.

"Rumor has it you fuckin' eat it."--joeybagadonuts, et al

Lol wow the vets know how to cure diabetes (low carb) but doctors haven't figured it out yet

Diabetes in cats is very interesting, most(perhaps 2/3's) can be cured or delayed for fairly long periods, whereas in dogs it's permanent and would require insulin forever, in dogs uncontrolled diabetes will also cause cataracs and thus blindness.

i did the insulin thing(2 shots a day) for2+ months before he got better, it was not fun, and quite expensive(a couple bucks a day). Spending an extra 30 cents a day on good food for him is a far better option.

Keep in mind a cats natural diet is dead animals, and hardly any carbs ever, so i'm not sure the treatment is transferable to people.

Diabetes in cats is very interesting, most(perhaps 2/3's) can be cured or delayed for fairly long periods, whereas in dogs it's permanent and would require insulin forever, in dogs uncontrolled diabetes will also cause cataracs and thus blindness.

i did the insulin thing(2 shots a day) for2+ months before he got better, it was not fun, and quite expensive(a couple bucks a day). Spending an extra 30 cents a day on good food for him is a far better option.

False.  If you stop feeding a dog carbs, his diabetes type 2 will go away.  Just like in humans.   Wonder when people will catch on.

False.  If you stop feeding a dog carbs, his diabetes type 2 will go away.  Just like in humans.   Wonder when people will catch on.

I'm not an expert on the dog stuff, but i did read quite a bit about cats(and every article tends to also talk about dogs), from what i read, almost all dogs have type 1, but it's certainly worth a try in any case.