Mass shooting in Orlando..possible terrorist act

IAG

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest boatboatboat

plus he is simply protecting the public at large that in part is made up of the people he represents, and wants to make sure that they DO NOT SUPPORT this behavior and shouldn't be targets due to someone else's actions

Why would anyone think that was a good idea?  I know actually, but total disrespect for the families of victims.

And then the guy started whining about guns, trying to twist it into a mass shooting instead of islam inspired slaughter. Meanwhile the police chief, the mayor, the FBi and others just stood there, a sickening display.

The killer in the Orlando nightclub slaughter is 29-year-old Omar Mateen.  TMZ has done a records search and found he held a Florida security officer license and a state firearms license.

He's an American citizen and he has family that are not -- his parents are Afghan.  Authorities say he was a terrorist and was targeting gays.  They say in addition to terrorism this is a hate crime.

Authorities also believe he is part of the radical Islam movement, although they do not know if it was an organized attack or if he was a lone wolf.   Authorities also believe Mateen specifically targeted a gay club.

Mateen's father told NBC News, "This has nothing to do with religion."  He says his son became angry after seeing 2 men kissing a few months ago in Miami, and he speculates that could have triggered his decision to kill.  

Law enforcement says Mateen was well prepared, with an assault weapon, a handgun and 2 suspicious devices.

The NYPD tells TMZ, Mateen has no association with the department, and that the shirts he was photographed in were unofficial garments that could be purchased at any store.

50 people were murdered and another 53 injured inside Pulse nightclub in Orlando.  It's the biggest slaughter at the hands of a gunman in American history. 

I know there are good muslims, but to have the president of the Islamic Society of Central Florida speak at the press conference was in really poor taste imo. Way.too.soon.

I didn't see it but blind I will bet that the guy looked for sympathy for Islam more then he did show sympathy for the victims.....they always do that..

Edit- looks like mike,an confirmed what I thought

plus he is simply protecting the public at large that in part is made up of the people he represents, and wants to make sure that they DO NOT SUPPORT this behavior and shouldn't be targets due to someone else's actions

No problem with that if that was his intent. Seemed more like damage control though.

Understood, but he talked for what seemed like a really long time and while he asked for all religious leaders to pray for the families, he didn't really stress that point enough imo...seemed like just sang the praises of the local police.  I guess I would have to watch the speech again.

Guest boatboatboat

No problem with that if that was his intent. Seemed more like damage control though.

can we agree the man speaking is not a BAD person who plots to kill people?

I'll assume we can?

With that assumption, I am sure he is very scared that other GOOD people who are Muslims will become targets, and so yes he was doing damage control.

And why not?

be foolish for someone to be killed who had ZERO to do with this, and does not support it in any fashion

WASHINGTON — Top Donald Trump surrogate Sen. Jeff Sessions on Sunday called for tougher screenings of Muslims coming into the United States in the wake of the mass shooting at a gay Orlando nightclub.

“It certainly looks like another one of the extremist attacks, Islamic extremism,” Sessions (R-Ala.) told Fox News Sunday.

“There’s just within the wonderful group of Islamic people, a certain group of radicals and it’s been there for a long time and it seems to be growing. We have to accept that fact.”

Sessions said the attack, that left “approximately” 50 people dead and 53 wounded will mean “further movement in the direction Donald Trump has set forth.”

Trump has pledged to wipe out ISIS and called for ban on Muslims entering the United States.

Initial police reports say the gunman at Pulse nightclub was armed with an assault-style weapon, a handgun and some other “device.”

The FBI is investigating the mass shooting as terrorism and suggested the gunman may have “leanings” toward Islamic extremism.

“It’s not stopping, as we see apparently today,” Sessions said.

“More of these attacks are coming. It’s a real part of the threat that we face. If can’t address it openly and directly and say directly there is an extremist element within Islam that’s dangerous to the world and has to be confronted. We need to slow down and be careful about those we admit into the country.”

For his part, Trump didn’t yet jump to any conclusions: “Really bad shooting in Orlando. Police investigating possible terrorism. Many people dead and wounded,” Trump tweeted.

Presumptive Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton tweeted: “Woke up to hear the devastating news from FL. As we wait for more information, my thoughts are with those affected by this horrific act. -H.”

President Obama was briefed on the shooting by Lisa Monaco, Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism.

“The president asked to receive regular updates as the FBI, and other federal officials, work with the Orlando Police to gather more information, and directed that the federal government provide any assistance necessary to pursue the investigation and support the community,” the White House said in a statement.

Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.) said “it’s just too early to know” what happened and expressed caution on jumping to conclusions on Muslims.

“You don’t want to indict an entire religion. You don’t want to indict an entire community over lone wolves,” the Clinton supporter told Fox News Sunday.

Meanwhile, Sen. Bernie Sanders called for gun control.

“I believe that in this country, we should not be selling automatic weapons which are designed to kill people,” Sanders, the Democratic presidential candidate, told “Meet the Press.”

“We have got to do everything that we can on top of that to make sure that guns do not fall into the hands of people who should not have them, criminals, people who are mentally ill. So that struggles continues.”

can we agree the man speaking is not a BAD person who plots to kill people?

I'll assume we can?

With that assumption, I am sure he is very scared that other GOOD people who are Muslims will become targets, and so yes he was doing damage control.

And why not?

be foolish for someone to be killed who had ZERO to do with this, and does not support it in any fashion

Why would we assume that? The guy is a Muslim and that goes hand and hand with terriost......you assume that GOOD Muslims might be targeted? That's the problem with you people (You People?!) that Muslims just murdered 50 people and you are worried about Them!!!

Guest boatboatboat

Why would we assume that? The guy is a Muslim and that goes hand and hand with terriost......you assume that GOOD Muslims might be targeted? That's the problem with you people (You People?!) that Muslims just murdered 50 people and you are worried about Them!!!

Ted

I worry about anyone who doesn't support radical Muslim ideals being targets because of their last name or country of origin.

Guest boatboatboat

Ted where do we stand with the 2 Vids?

lets make this happen.

in 2nd video I can be on phone asking your questions on speaker phone and you can respond