Daily Complaint Thread

Dark Raver Camper

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not sure how this is a confirmed accurate statement. I have no vested interest in CVS, but to say they are the most over priced may be a stretch. Is it possible some medications you may take were more expensive there than pharmacy x,y,z? Yes, of course, but you aren't factoring in all of other medications. Have you compared and contrasted all of these other meds? Also insurance plays a part.

yes and you can check it out they are the most ever-priced there, just ask your insu company you have, also check the meds you take and go online and compare and it will open your eyes, it did here to me big time

Lets think this out........ Ask the insurance company if CVS is the most overpriced? If anyone from an insurance company, who you made an actual call to for assistance, and they told you that, should be fired. I'm sure this is a major no no.

Yes i know you could go online and compare.

CVS's pharmacy division is responsible for more than 67% of its revenue. The term “pharmacy” in this context is a little misleading, and this particular sector of the business should probably best be styled “retail.” It includes not only dispensing prescriptions and administering flu shots, but all the convenience/sundry sales normally associated with visits to the drugstore; everything from candy and cookies, to “As Seen on TV” novelties like Snuggies and Slap Chops.

Lets think this out........ Ask the insurance company if CVS is the most overpriced? If anyone from an insurance company, who you made an actual call to for assistance, and they told you that, should be fired. I'm sure this is a major no no.

Yes i know you could go online and compare.

Easy to go online and compare, I use good RX, just type in your drug and zip code and you'll get the prices at various places near you, along with some coupons you can print out usually..

CVS is high, but so is walgreens IMO. Walmart/costco/sams club/hyvee are cheapest where I live.

Easy to go online and compare, I use good RX, just type in your drug and zip code and you'll get the prices at various places near you, along with some coupons you can print out usually..

CVS is high, but so is walgreens IMO. Walmart/costco/sams club/hyvee are cheapest where I live.

Fella, this is handy if you don't have insurance, and pay the cash rate.

Good RX isn't handy when you have insurance. There are a handful of times where the cash rate is better than insurance, excluding some major chains deals on certain generic drugs. 

Additionally, lets say you find a drug cheaper at the cash rate,and have insurance, you pay for the drug, and submit a direct member reimbursement claim, for it to count towards your deductible/out of pocket, often it doesn't pan out to what you paid being credited towards the ded/oop. These insruance companies have contracted rates for point of sale/service claims (meaning run through the insurance) and direct member reimbursements (meaning pay the cash rate, no insurance, then you submit to insurance. 

Fella, this is handy if you don't have insurance, and pay the cash rate.

Good RX isn't handy when you have insurance. There are a handful of times where the cash rate is better than insurance, excluding some major chains deals on certain generic drugs. 

I know that, but if you have ins with a std co-pay, then you dont have to care if CVS is higher.

For instance, I take only one Rx,    for blood pressure, my co-pay is $7, I get it at walmart for the cash price, which is $4(I found this out using good RX), so i save $3 a month, money is money.

I know that, but if you have ins with a std co-pay, then you dont have to care if CVS is higher.

For instance, I take only one Rx,    for blood pressure, my co-pay is $7, I get it at walmart for the cash price, which is $4(I found this out using good RX), so i save $3 a month, money is money.

Chances are you could get a 90 day supply, at Walmart, for $10. A 30 day supply is $4. It sounds like it's one of the drugs under their program if you only pay $4. I'd get the 90 day supply, instead of 30. You'll save $2.

Mike what is the name of the high blood pressure you take..........i take metoprolol here 2 times a day, also 20 mg of lisinopril and amlodipine besylate for high blood pressure                you see i have been betting games for some time        lol

ck I have taken amlodipine for close to 10 years now, pretty low risk, no interactions.

Mike what is the name of the high blood pressure you take..........i take metoprolol here 2 times a day, also 20 mg of lisinopril and amlodipine besylate for high blood pressure                you see i have been betting games for some time        lol

Amlodipine 10 mg, i take less than 1 tab though, I split it and take 3/4 of a tab once a day...Dr's always over prescribe.