Needed: Floor Tile expert

IAG

House, the guy is going to clear like $400 for probably about 8-10 hours of work.  Hard to get out of bed for anything less than that.  Also reinstalling vanity and toilet which she would have to pay a plumbing company a hundy to come do otherwise.

I should clarify he is including that. I should have had House negotiate via phone for me. Next time.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why don't you move back to Denver?

Good question. I wondered that when I was driving in at Christmas, then I got stuck in Cherry Creek mall traffic and remembered how much I hate traffic. if I wasn't renting my house out out there, I might consider it, Either way, I have to update this house before selling.

Clear 400 bucks?

Bag a good mortar is 30-40$

Bag of grout is 15-20$

-100 epoxy grout

-48 state sales tax

-40 mortar

-50 tile edging

-25 fuel and tool wear and tear

=$531

then the government will tax him close to 25% on that so $132 out the window

grand total of $399....like i say, on the edge of getting out of bed, but any less i keep sleeping.

Good question. I wondered that when I was driving in at Christmas, then I got stuck in Cherry Creek mall traffic and remembered how much I hate traffic. if I wasn't renting my house out out there, I might consider it, Either way, I have to update this house before selling.

Lol.  Yea, the traffic here now is unfucking real.   I grew up 6 blocks from the Cherry Creek mall, except before it was even there.  Emily goes to school right by there.  I remember my mother took Colorado blvd everywhere we would go.   Now it's a parking lot 20 hours a day.  

Lol. Yea, the traffic here now is unfucking real. I grew up 6 blocks from the Cherry Creek mall, except before it was even there. Emily goes to school right by there. I remember my mother took Colorado blvd everywhere we would go. Now it's a parking lot 20 hours a day.

Yeah I think I had a FB meltdown about it lol...then a month later I got a photo speeding ticket in the mail... going towards downtown on Speer. I have family there, but I can't handle commuting. I was lucky to have worked a mile from home for 15 years, I don't think I would get that lucky again.

Iag you are buying the tile and he is buying the border tile? How the fuck does that work.

Fuck that epoxy grout. You want the 20 dollar sanded grout.

I'm buying all the tile. The X said it epoxy was better. It wasn't in the original estimate. I asked him to add it.

Ok so say he goes to arbys and spends 6 dollars for lunch the day he is at Iags, lunchs are a 50% write off so add 3 bucks to his bill.  Then 59 cents per mile that he writes off for this job at 20 miles so add another 10 bucks.

Then figure in his company insurance and workers comp insurance if he has any employees and that will cancel that out plus some more.

Ok so say he goes to arbys and spends 6 dollars for lunch the day he is at Iags, lunchs are a 50% write off so add 3 bucks to his bill. Then 59 cents per mile that he writes off for this job at 20 miles so add another 10 bucks.

Then figure in his company insurance and workers comp insurance if he has any employees and that will cancel that out plus some more.

Or he's a one man band, or he's paying some guys in cash or he pays his guys as independent contractors and 1099's them

Or he's a one man band, or he's paying some guys in cash or he pays his guys as independent contractors and 1099's them

You still need insurance, and then if hes paying other guys cash he really takes it in the ass since he is getting taxed on that money without being able to claim it.

Not my first rodeo house, the guy isnt committing robbery here.  Pretty spot on bid.

Also not to mention going above and beyond and turning into a plumber after the job is done for no charge.

No reason to use high dollar grout in a low traffic restroom of a house you wont be living at in 5 years when you start to notice some blemishes in it...you are going to scare this poor guy off pretty soon though :laugh

It is a high-traffic bathroom, I use the shower down there. Daily. If it will save me cleaning time, I am all for paying a little extra.

Insert cleaning lady joke here,

iag said it was 30 sq feet.

1000 dollars out the door.

Its called a minimum charge.  If you run into small jobs like that you dont charge the same way you do on a 1000 sq ft tile job.  This guy is legit and professional by the looks of it, dont try to talk her into a fly by night mexi that might butch the job and rob the house before he leaves to save 100 bucks.