Needed: Floor Tile expert

IAG

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah I think I had a FB meltdown about it lol...then a month later I got a photo speeding ticket in the mail... going towards downtown on Speer. I have family there, but I can't handle commuting. I was lucky to have worked a mile from home for 15 years, I don't think I would get that lucky again.

Lol, recently?  Or now.  It's like it gets worse per day.  

These photo cams are unreal bad.  I'm at 5 now in 4 years.  There is seriously one parked out in front of my apartment right now.  I thought the flash I kept seeing was lightning, since it's also storming, no it's a fking camera van. 

The last one I got was a red light cam, except I stopped at the fking light.  They sent me a video of me stopping at the red light. 

Brixk– if he forgot that I asked about putting plumbing back, is it still a fair price in your opinion? As long as it's in the ball park. I just want to get the thing done. Any company stays in one of the two downstairs bedrooms, and I need to have the bathroom put back together.

House, I will have you negotiate for me next time. As long as it's not completely far off, I have to go with him. I think he is sole proprietorship fwiw..but I like the kid, and I'm running out of time.

These photo cams are unreal bad.  I'm at 5 now in 4 years.  There is seriously one parked out in front of my apartment right now.  I thought the flash I kept seeing was lightning, since it's also storming, no it's a fking camera van. 

The last one I got was a red light cam, except I stopped at the fking light.  They sent me a video of me stopping at the red light.

That was at Christmas this last year. I wondered if it had gotten worse. It seemed worse, but I thought maybe it was just because it was Christmas time.

I made a big deal on Facebook about not getting a speeding ticket on my way to Denver and back. Probably the first time it has happened. Then a month or two later I get one in the mail from a damn camera in town.. I had to recant...ha Brother said the same thing...he's gotten caught at the Speer one also.

Did you fight the red light deal!?

House you are just trying to be difficult.

Factor in drive time to job site, unloading tools, saws, materials.  Prep floor, mark out lines, hang tile edging, mix mud, cutting, setting, tile base trim....make trip back next day to grout so the mud can set up properly, load everything back up, get your plumber gear on and throw in vanity and toilet.  He will have 8-10 hours into this job no problem.

Did you fight the red light deal!?

Yes, but I was driving my mom's car, so they just killed it because it wasn't her.      Fun thing though, I pulled up to that same intersection last week, watched as the idiot in front of me rolled through on a turn on red.   Then I stopped, and it still flashed the picture.   Bet is coming in the mail.

Im sure you guys know where all the light cameras are at but I always use waze when I drive to avoid getting those tickets in the states.

So, here there is a law that they can't have a random camera, there has to be a person manning it.  So they have these vans that move all over the city every day, they have to put up a warning but it's so close to the damn van you hardly ever see it.

They actually did this shit in Medellin when I was there.   Used to be able to go 140km on the highway, now 80 ---  of course the traffic there has gotten 1000x worse at all hours.  You;d be better off walking now.

So, here there is a law that they can't have a random camera, there has to be a person manning it.  So they have these vans that move all over the city every day, they have to put up a warning but it's so close to the damn van you hardly ever see it.

They actually did this shit in Medellin when I was there.   Used to be able to go 140km on the highway, now 80 ---  of course the traffic there has gotten 1000x worse at all hours.  You;d be better off walking now.

In Texas, you apparently have to have an eyewitness to the violation so all red light tickets are unenforceable and you don't have to pay them. But nobody knows and everybody pays them. Think there is some legalese at the bottom that says it is not enforceable.

Those red light cams are cities way of printing money.

A coworker got one recently and tried to fight it. We did some research and this small city of maybe 30k has 3 red light cams. They brought in close to $4m in revenue from them last year. Coworker said there was a specific time each day on the court docket to come in And be seen for redlightmcases and that there we 50+ people the day he went.

House, the guy is going to clear like $400 for probably about 8-10 hours of work. Hard to get out of bed for anything less than that. Also reinstalling vanity and toilet which she would have to pay a plumbing company a hundy to come do otherwise.

I agree w this post.

My outdoor service network has seven owners and avg hourly labor is $55per

Are there cheaper services available? Yes. But each one comes with one or more deficiencies and our client satisfaction is 95% or higher

Its called a minimum charge. If you run into small jobs like that you dont charge the same way you do on a 1000 sq ft tile job. This guy is legit and professional by the looks of it, dont try to talk her into a fly by night mexi that might butch the job and rob the house before he leaves to save 100 bucks.

yep

Looks like you got a good deal house, if i did ceramic tile i wouldve charged no less than 800 for that. I dont do things cheap, i always get what im worth otherwise i dont do the job and move on to the next one.

Agree. My network operators process a combined 75+ leads weekly to assure we always get our desired labor price with no need to take work that is less profitable and/or disageeable clients

bathrooms are a PITA and even though they are small you will have a shitload of cuts, especially when including the wall base tile.  The fact that no matter how you slice it 2 trips are necessary makes this a tough job to charge cheap.  I would have charged out $500 in labor for this 20 years ago. so $700-$750 sounds about right in today's world.

bathrooms are a PITA and even though they are small you will have a shitload of cuts, especially when including the wall base tile. The fact that no matter how you slice it 2 trips are necessary makes this a tough job to charge cheap. I would have charged out $500 in labor for this 20 years ago. so $700-$750 sounds about right in today's world.

I honestly think I could have found someone cheaper,,,this is the 605 and it's a small area...but as long as it's not completely ridiculous and I like the guy, I'm going with it. Next time around on the upstairs (kitchen and bath) I will look around more...and have House talk to them...then again everyone in town may blackball me if I do that.. I am sure if I was a well versed tile guy, or even just a guy, . I might have gotten a better price. Then again I'm cynical with that sort of thing,,though sometimes it works to your advantage to have no Y chromosome.