Colin Kaepernick Refuses to stand for the National Anthem because of black oppression

Mofome

But could more athletes join Kaepernick’s protest?

Philadelphia Eagles rookie linebacker Myke Tavarres said Monday he plans to sit during the national anthem in a preseason game later this week. Racial injustice is too important to ignore, he told ESPN.

We’ve got an issue in this country in this day and age, and I feel like somebody needs to step up and we all need to step up. We’ve got that right. There’s just a lot going on that people don’t want to talk about, and I feel like us as athletes, we’re looked at as role models.

Somebody tell this kid not to ruin his career. Kaps career was already over. You're a rookie for Christ's sake

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somebody tell this kid not to ruin his career. Kaps career was already over. You're a rookie for Christ's sake

This is a risky move by Tavarres, who is fighting for one of the limited spots of the team. But as he put to ESPN, he’s “got nothing to lose,” since he hasn’t signed any major contract or endorsement deal. Kaepernick, on the other hand, has a six-year, $114 million contract. What is at stake, Tavarres says, is his pride as a black man.

This is a risky move by Tavarres, who is fighting for one of the limited spots of the team. But as he put to ESPN, he’s “got nothing to lose,” since he hasn’t signed any major contract or endorsement deal. Kaepernick, on the other hand, has a six-year, $114 million contract. What is at stake, Tavarres says, is his pride as a black man.

Best of luck to Tavarres. Do yo thang brotha!

I assume this Tavarres guy is a real black? Cause Kap sure isn't.

I am surprised there's not more cyber attacks towards news/media sites. 

They are worse than the gov, constantly creating problems that don't exist, increasing racial tension/divide, CNN even disabled their comment section a year or two ago, now they can just spit out stupid articles and nobody can even comment on them. 

I feel like somebody needs to step up and we all need to step up. We’ve got that right.

Step up?  These guys are fucking idiots.  They make themselves look even more stupid with their dumb justification for it. 

Nobody thinks this is some noble act.  They aren't changing anything.  Just making themselves look like disrespectful morons. 

Fucking Kap.....there is a despot in some country somewhere getting ready to load millions of his countrymen on giant ships they do not own yet and loaded with weapons they do not own yet (but could probably buy from WashDC) so they can then travel across the Pacific Ocean to invade SanFrancisco....and Kap is sitting down??