Colin Kaepernick Refuses to stand for the National Anthem because of black oppression

Mofome

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game against Green Bay. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont like Kap really and his argument for why is hilarious at best, but honestly i have no prob with him sitting out the anthem. I have long said its stupid to play the anthem before every sporting event. Its completely unnecessary, i dont even like having to stand for the anthem every day before class at work

What is the purpose of it really? People dont stand and think of military or country they think about (for the most part) whats going on in their day or stand there bored until they can move again

You can completely love your country and respect people that have made sacrifices for it without hearing a song every day. People, esp in the US, take that shit waaaay too seriously  

Even if he was a good player this shit wouldn't stand.

Goodbye to what was left of your NFL career Colin.

My point is that he's a fraud. If he was the elite QB Jaws said he'd be, there is no chance he would do this. It's convenient to find a bigger cause when you're atrocious. He is only doing this to change the narrative about him to something bigger, he's simply desperate to trivialize his demise.

Even if he was a good player this shit wouldn't stand.

Goodbye to what was left of your NFL career Colin.

You think if he was an MVP his career would be over cause of this??? No way Jimmy. Peterson got suspended for child abuse, hes back and beloved by plenty already. Mike Vick was in prison for dog fighting, he came back after a couple years and yes he was hated by tons but he was loved by tons also. Sitting during the anthem hardly registers on the list of things good athletes come back from like its nothing

Kaps problem is he isnt good, just like that was Ray Rice's main problem. People would have forgiven Rice faster if he was putting up numbers like AP 

So, Kap  has solved the problem of police shootings!  If only someone could have figured out how easy this was earlier.

Why can't football players just play football?  If Kap feels like making a political statement, he should inject himself onto a political forum or run for office.  What does this have to do with football?  We spend more time talking about the latest liberal cause during football games than football.

So, Kap  has solved the problem of police shootings!  If only someone could have figured out how easy this was earlier.

Why can't football players just play football?  If Kap feels like making a political statement, he should inject himself onto a political forum or run for office.  What does this have to do with football?  We spend more time talking about the latest liberal cause during football games than football.

Theres nothing wrong with football players or athletes of any kind speaking out on political issues. You speak out all the time here on political issues, more people likely care what Kap thinks than care what "BranchDavidson" thinks or of course also what "tripp" thinks. 

Acting like athletes should not have opinions is completely ridiculous. Everyone has opinions and athletes are more than welcome to use their platform to speak out for things they think matter

Kap just seems to not really understand what he is talking about here and wants to make a stand just to make a stand. What he did will literally do nothing good for anybody. We'll see if he backs up all those words with substantial, meaningful action 

Ever time i stand for the anthem i think of the soldiers, servicemen and everyone who risked and sacrificed their life so I can live in a free world.

We are fully indebted to them and I am offended by tripps comments.

And im sure there are quite a few like you

Id bet everything though there are much more than DONT think about soliders or their country while the anthem plays. And it doesnt mean you dont love your country or respect and appreciate your freedoms. Some just dont need a song to think about those things

There is no greater sacrifice then what miltary men and women have.

They do sacrifice a great deal, who said otherwise?

You can honor both your country and your military without caring about a song. 

(Also lets not make all military people out to be heroes that only joined the service because they love their country, most from my experience do so because they dont have many other options in life and military is a backup plan. my best friend in hs almost joined cause he was doing nothing in school and looked like he had no future so he figured wtf else am i gonna do. happily turned it around and has a good job now but point is thats most of their thinking, if i fuck up in hs at least the military will still take me)