The electoral map is not looking good for Trump

Cop

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the  winning of states are all in a manner co related to some degree,  if he surges up to win every battleground then he will also surge one or two or three more place and get it.

because of that co relation is not that crazy the +450 bout right  its not a walkover situation at all  .  

Yes of course 30 states or so are totally decide and always have been

That has been one of my arguments since the beginning..the Electorial College has been difficult for any Rep to get elected...wonder how many states does Trump actually win?

I think this is exaggerated to some degree. Yes I think that Americans are becoming more progressive as a whole which means left leaning presidents (a positive), but its not as simple or obvious as some like to make it sound when they take about the electoral map

I see people saying Dems will win the WH for another 20+ years etc..i cant see that happening. The past two elections the Dems had a rock star candidate in Obama. Perfect mix of intelligence, charisma, exceptional communication skills, a great message and also a great story people wanted to get behind (first black president). He didnt win because hes black like so many people ignorantly say. Plenty of black men have run before and lost. Obama was just a perfect storm that was going to be hard for anybody to beat once his message got out there to the people

So those two arent as much about the map flipping longterm and more about just having a great candidate. This election is completely different and is entirely focused on the GOP having a terrible candidate. He has his following that fill his rallies, absolutely. But much more have been involved in this processed and motivated to vote simply to keep him out. That was never the case for Romney/mccain or really anyone ive seen before in my lifetime. So its a unique situation again. You also have Clinton being the first woman POTUS story but i dont sense the same movement behind that as there was with Obama simply cause Clinton is nowhere near as well liked

In 2020 if GOP can provide a decent candidate id actually make them a small favorite to win as of now. Typically presidents become less popular by the end of their first four years, not more. And Hillary is already at a low popularity rate. So unless she gets someone thats easy to rally against she will need people to rally FOR her next go around and that wont be as easy 

Tripp....you could have been elected if you took Obama's place.....that was a perfect storm for any democrat back then....

disagree. If Hillary Clinton now were running vs Mitt Romney four years ago IMO she would have lost

McCain/Romney werent terrible candidates. McCain had the problem of coming off Bush's two terms and Bush was at an all time low popularity at that point, that definitely hurt him, But it was more about Obama being beloved than people not wanting McCain

McCain is still fairly respected

Rs are done as president until 2028 at the earliest. There was nobody going to beat Clinton. George W Bush could have done it in his prime but he couldn't even beat Gore. Nobody else the Rs have were up to the job. If they were, they would have been nominated.

Romney wanted to run again and was categorically rejected.

Problem for Rs is that they hate themselves more than anyone. They had an "embarrassment" of riches in candidates from Walker to Rubio. Trouble was they were all stiffs. They still have nothing but stiffs and the R voters have now gone rogue. What are the chances they are going to settle for Scott Walker or Paul Ryan sleeping standing up? It will be Ted Cruz and some other crazy fighting for 2020.

In 2024, it is back to the rock star in Julian Castro who is Barack Obama 2.0 showing up at a time when whites become in the minority in America and Texas is winnable. Once Rs get drubbed by Castro back to back and have been out of the White House for 24 consecutive years, they will reassess.

Tax cuts for the rich in a country losing jobs and benefits is going to be a tough sell for the next 100 years.

He basically needs to win every battleground state including Pennsylvania to win. Not looking good. I still have faith.

It was always like this, why are you only noticing now?

Romney wanted to run again and was categorically rejected.

IMO Romney beats Hilary easily.

It looks like he has to pick up a blue state to have any chance.

Very true, he needs to win either CO, PA,NH, maybe WI, maybe MN(could happen), along with all the others. I think he will win all the others by the way.

The "hope" is that there is a brexit/trump effect, meaning that the polls are off because a few % of voters are unwilling to admit they are voting trump, and that could very well happen, we shall see. turnout is another huge factor, I really dont see any chance the dems/blacks turn out to the same degree as with obama, it just cant happen IMO.

Very true, he needs to win either CO, PA,NH, maybe WI, maybe MN(could happen), along with all the others. I think he will win all the others by the way.

The "hope" is that there is a brexit/trump effect, meaning that the polls are off because a few % of voters are unwilling to admit they are voting trump, and that could very well happen, we shall see. turnout is another huge factor, I really dont see any chance the dems/blacks turn out to the same degree as with obama, it just cant happen IMO.

Blacks are the least of your problem. You have to worry about the Mexicans. They are turning out.

Trump will win both those states easily, do you disagree that trump will get 30% or so of their vote?

He is going to win both those states but they are closer than can be expected in the worst of times. If you think he is going to be that close in those states and win any swing states, you have a surprise in store. Angry white males vastly over-estimate their numbers. It ain't 1955 anymore.

He is going to win both those states but they are closer than can be expected in the worst of times. If you think he is going to be that close in those states and win any swing states, you have a surprise in store. Angry white males vastly over-estimate their numbers. It ain't 1955 anymore.

It aint 2008 either, yes, demographic forces are working against republicans, there is a whole slew of things working against the dems, the worldwide phenomenon of antiestblishment views is one, the fact Hillary is a horrible candidate is another.

You can talk about blacks and Latinos all you want but that clown is not winning 35% of the Latino vote. He'll be lucky to get 10%.

Rs could have nominated Rubio, Bush or Cruz and given the American prople a legitimate choice. Instead we get a dummy who is using you to launch a TV network.

There was a survey of 100 top former military and nstional security experts.

When they asked them who is more qualified to handle foreign policy issues every one chose Clinton. You nominated a moron. I would spend less time worrying about how the election is rigged and more time worrying about how you got fooled.

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/303073-study-gop-defense-officials-confident-in-clinton

You can talk about blacks and Latinos all you want but that clown is not winning 35% of the Latino vote. He'll be lucky to get 10%.

Rs could have nominated Rubio, Bush or Cruz and given the American prople a legitimate choice. Instead we get a dummy who is using you to launch a TV network.

When they asked them who is more qualified to handle foreign policy issues every one chose Clinton. You nominated a moron. I would spend less time worrying about how the election is rigged and more time worrying about how you got fooled.

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/303073-study-gop-defense-officials-confident-in-clinton

Sigh...another non-thinking liberal. Assumes hard working latinos are as dumb as blacks, they're not. trump will probably get more than 10% of the black vote, he'll easily do 30% with latinos.

i dont think Cruz would have won either. Hes too out there and he has the same issue that Hillary has, he isnt charismatic and doesnt come off as likable/relatable

Thats a big reason Trumps movement got as big as it did. Simple people find him relatable since he speaks in simple terms. He speaks on foreign affair issues the way your construction worker buddy will at the bar. Its why he does so well with uneducated white males, thats his bread and butter

GOP needed someone that could tap into that demographic a little but then also be intelligent and respected enough to gain over others. Cant rely solely on uneducated people to win a general

Rubio imo was their best candidate (and by best candidate not saying who i agreed with the most or think could run the country the best, simply who had the best chance of winning) until he got castrated by Christie in the debate. That sunk his entire campaign and really killed their only viable candidate at that point 

Romney was and is another pretty boy pussy, just like rubio, he blew his chance, you dont get and he doesn't deserve another chance.

1) Tons of people have run for president more than one time so you do in fact get another chance if you want one and the people rally behind you

2) He lost to Obama. Nobody was beating obama. Trump is set to get slaughtered by the least liked Dem candidate in recent memory.

I agree with rito, I think Romney would have likely won if he ran and got the nom in 2016 instead of 2012. I wouldnt want him to win, id still support Clinton, but wouldnt love the odds of getting what i wanted in that race. Vs trump its not even close, im already spending my winnings