Just went to confession

housepicks

However I can say I am fairly certain there is a God. I know this....in a way that's unexplainable and for reasons which I will not go into, but that much I know. It's all about faith.. If everything was spelled out and it was cut and dry, there would be no need for faith.

I believe there is a God as well.  But I also will admit that I can't 100% know this.  So I have to admit I could be wrong.  

Do I believe Im wrong?  100% no.  But "believe" is different than "know".  Thats where faith comes in. 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The story of Adam and Eve is complete bullshit. It's a ridiculous story.

Like I said, if there is an all-knowing, great and powerful God, anything is possible.

But i will concede, that anyone that believes in God, has to basically believe in a "Fair Tale" type story.  Why?  Because it goes against what we all know is true.  What we can see.  What we can prove.  

But the idea that something came from nothing by chance, is just as ridiculous.  Because the basic rules of science tell us this. 

I believe there is a God as well.  But I also will admit that I can't 100% know this.  So I have to admit I could be wrong.  

Do I believe Im wrong?  100% no.  But "believe" is different than "know".  Thats where faith comes in.

But never forget:

If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him.

Not necessarily.  The Earth was created in "7 days" according to the Bible.  That doesn't mean they were consecutive.  Millions, or even billions, of Earth years could have gone by in-between days.

Or one day was however many number of years. Everyone wants to take things so literally. Never fruitful to discuss religion on forums. You get it or you don't. Both sides see it that way. I'm not changing anyone's opinion, and no one will change mine.

Not necessarily.  The Earth was created in "7 days" according to the Bible.  That doesn't mean they were consecutive.  Millions, or even billions, of Earth years could have gone by in-between days. 

Do you realize that the Bible writers followed the lineage from Adam and Eve all the way to Moses. It's very clear that according to the bible the world is only 6k y/o. Either the bible is correct or science is correct.

Or one day was however many number of years. Everyone wants to take things so literally. Never fruitful to discuss religion on forums. You get it or you don't. Both sides see it that way. I'm not changing anyone's opinion, and no one will change mine.

Yup.  Joey "The Scarecrow" Donuts will be in here any minute and tell us to never change for believing in a "Fairy Tale".  Without having the intelligence or patience to have a fruitful conversation.

Lets take Heartman for instance.  I like the guy, and he is making some good points.  But I have counterpointed every one of his points.  Instead of counterpointing back on the topic, he brings up something else.  

He could do that all fucking day.  There are tons of other things he could come up with.  We got the point the first time when he brought up the Virgin Mary thing. 

Science doesn't say that something came from nothing. 

??

Where did it come from then?  Thats the question.  Who created all this?  Or what created it? 

Science tells us something can NOT come from nothing.  So where did all the "somethings" come from?  Or were they just always there?  

Nobody knows.  Science will never tell us in 100% certainty.

You would think with slam dunk evidence such as they have, there would not still be 32% of the world's population identifying as Christian....

I don't think that really tells us anything.  I think the majority of people that believe in a God or follow a religion is because they are brainwashed.  Not because they have logically thought it out or have sought out the truth. 

It is a fairy tale that a virgin had gods baby 2000 years ago.

The only proof you have that it actually happened comes from a book that says the world is 6k years old.

The book says that if you don't believe this ridiculous fairy tale then you will burn in hell for all eternity.

The Bible is full of shit.

you're in our prayers Joey

you filthy heathen

Tremendous news!!!

I always lol at about the word "heathen"

My dads side of the family refuses to talk to us anymore bc when I was young my dad refused to force us to attend church. He explained that he gave me the choice and i choose not to attend. They said they didn't allow "heathens" in their home.

Funny, the only time w anyone has heard from them is when they needed my dad to help them remodel their home as one of my cousins had MS and was going to be wheel chair bound. They didn't pay him a cent for it and probably never even bothered to thank him.

Yup. Joey "The Scarecrow" Donuts will be in here any minute and tell us to never change for believing in a "Fairy Tale". Without having the intelligence or patience to have a fruitful conversation.

Lets take Heartman for instance. I like the guy, and he is making some good points. But I have counterpointed every one of his points. Instead of counterpointing back on the topic, he brings up something else.

He could do that all fucking day. There are tons of other things he could come up with. We got the point the first time when he brought up the Virgin Mary thing.

K

The book says that if you don't believe this ridiculous fairy tale then you will burn in hell for all eternity.

As Ive explained in this thread, I do not believe that this is what the Bible LITERALLY tells us.  

I believe that many, if not most of the Bibles teaching are not literal.  Its the message behind the stories that matter.  Not if/when the stories really happened. 

I don't think that really tells us anything.  I think the majority of people that believe in a God or follow a religion is because they are brainwashed.  Not because they have logically thought it out or have sought out the truth.

I know what you're saying, but I disagree. Universal truths are still fairly universal. All of those who made it through the seminary and became pastors and priests...that alone has to be a big number.