Fournette will not be playing in the Citrus Bowl

Sharp Square

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bullshit. Nobody forced these kids to accept a college scholarship and play football. They knew what the signed up for. If one truly feels they are being exploited, then don't buy into the system. Simple.

Bullshit. Leonard Fornette had no choice to play for LSU this year. Would have gone pro last year if not for the collusion of the NFL and NCAA. Typical conservatard that hates the free market.

If the NCAA was not colluding with the NFL to keep players from getting paid, the guy would have a contract that would require him to play in the bowl.

I wonder how much Nick Saban and Dabo Sweeney care that they make $150,000 per player while they make nothing. Scumbags.

Turn college sports into a business and it should be treated like one. If you want rah rah bullshit do away with scholarships and let the NFL develop its own talent just like MLB does.

Bullshit and ignorant.  No choice?  He was forced?  

Dullard. 

So Dumb Hablo always such a dope. He could not play in the NFL. He was barred from entry.

Could not sign a contract to play pro football because the NCAA has the market cornered and conveniently disallows compensation to all but the coaches and administrators.

Dope.

So Dumb Hablo always such a dope. He could not play in the NFL. He was barred from entry.

Could not sign a contract to play pro football because the NCAA has the market cornered and conveniently disallows compensation to all but the coaches and administrators.

Dope.

You aren't really this stupid, are you?

No college athlete is forced to attend college or play.  Has never happened in the history of college athletics. 

Dope. 

You aren't really this stupid, are you?

No college athlete is forced to attend college or play.  Has never happened in the history of college athletics. 

Dope. 

Oh yeah, they can just go straight to the NFL can't they? And if they don't want to play for a school, they can just sign with a pro team that does not exist. Moron.

Many college athletes with the potential to play professional sports, use the NCAA as a springboard to their pro careers.  This is true.  The universities use them, they use the universities. Nobody is ever forcing any athlete to attend college or play a sport.  

If any athlete truly thinks they are being exploited, they can choose to not buy into the system.  Simple as that.  The NFL does not require anyone to attend college for a number of years.  They simply say you can't enter the draft until a certain date.  Any player could choose to not buy in, and still get drafted if they have the talent.  Most of course don't because they know its more beneficial to them to get noticed at the next level and increases their draft stock.  So they use the system to their benefit.  

All of the above is spot on and you are a dullard if you disagree.  

Many college athletes with the potential to play professional sports, use the NCAA as a springboard to their pro careers.  This is true.  The universities use them, they use the universities. Nobody is ever forcing any athlete to attend college or play a sport.  

If any athlete truly thinks they are being exploited, they can choose to not buy into the system.  Simple as that.  The NFL does not require anyone to attend college for a number of years.  They simply say you can't enter the draft until a certain date.  Any player could choose to not buy in, and still get drafted if they have the talent.  Most of course don't because they know its more beneficial to them to get noticed at the next level and increases their draft stock.  So they use the system to their benefit.  

Class dismissed.  Again. 

How do the players "use the university?"

Fournette helped generate millions upon millions of dollars for LSU without them taking any risk. He took all the risk, helped generate absurd revenue, and reaped absolutely no rewards. 

You pretending like this is some two way street of equality is laughable. 

NCAA football a billion dollar industry where everyone but the people who are actually entertaining you get paid. 

Scholarships are renewed year to year, nothing is guaranteed for the student. Leonard Fournette EARNED his scholarship, he wasn't handed it. The University was handed the revenue Leonard Fournette helped generate, they didn't earn it. 

You gotta loves conservatards with their tiny brains and love of freedom and the free market. So Dumb Hablo is the classic example of their complete bullshit.

Yeah, the NCAA conveniently corners the market on professional football and requires players to play for free whille the coaches and the administrators makes millions and the players have a choice. Just like any player can go straight to the big leagues by skipping the minor leagues.

And if the NCAA were the pay players like Leonard Fornette these freedom lovers would howl bloody murder because a black kid would make more than they do and it would make them feel worse about themselves. Better he play for free and have the white coach get all the money to save him from his disgrace.

Diabler and his rah rah nonsense. 

If Leonard Fournette did not attend college, what avenue could he have pursued to the NFL? If this was baseball, you would have a point because you can chose to pursue your career in baseball right after high school. Sadly, for football players the path to riches is preceded by exploitation from horribly broken college system. 

Leonard Fournette - doing what is best for him and his child and Diabler is ridiculing the guy because he didn't stand by his team and University during a pointless exhibition game.  

How do the players "use the university?"

Fournette helped generate millions upon millions of dollars for LSU without them taking any risk. He took all the risk, helped generate absurd revenue, and reaped absolutely no rewards. 

You pretending like this is some two way street of equality is laughable. 

NCAA football a billion dollar industry where everyone but the people who are actually entertaining you get paid. 

Scholarships are renewed year to year, nothing is guaranteed for the student. Leonard Fournette EARNED his scholarship, he wasn't handed it. The University was handed the revenue Leonard Fournette helped generate, they didn't earn it. 

I already explained that.  To help their draft stock.

I in no way ever made the claim that this is "equal" or completely "fair". 

I made 2 points here in this thread:

1.  I don't agree with these players that are leaving their teams early.  From the beginning of pee wee sports, we are taught to be selfless.  For the team.  Team work.  Etc.  All great traits for sports and life.  And this goes completely against all of that.  Same goes for coaches that choose to leave early. 

2.  Players are not FORCED to play college football.  If they have a problem with the system and truly believe they are being exploited?  Don't buy in.  Simple as that.

You can disagree with my first take.  Matter of opinion.  2nd take?  There is no argument against it. 

Diabler and his rah rah nonsense. 

If Leonard Fournette did not attend college, what avenue could he have pursued to the NFL?

See, you are doing it again Timely.  You are trying to bring a debate to a place that is irrelevant to my points.  

Not saying he has any other viable options to increase his exposure or draft stock.  All I am saying is that he has a choice.  Nobody is forcing him to be a slave to the NCAA. 

I already explained that.  To help their draft stock.

I in no way ever made the claim that this is "equal" or completely "fair". 

I made 2 points here in this thread:

1.  I don't agree with these players that are leaving their teams early.  From the beginning of pee wee sports, we are taught to be selfless.  For the team.  Team work.  Etc.  All great traits for sports and life.  And this goes completely against all of that.  Same goes for coaches that choose to leave early. 

2.  Players are not FORCED to play college football.  If they have a problem with the system and truly believe they are being exploited?  Don't buy in.  Simple as that.

You can disagree with my first take.  Matter of opinion.  2nd take?  There is no argument against it. 

On point 2, you willing to allow Fournette $250K instead of it going to the head coach? Or is that going to ruin your idea of amateur sports?

See, you are doing it again Timely.  You are trying to bring a debate to a place that is irrelevant to my points.  

Not saying he has any other viable options to increase his exposure or draft stock.  All I am saying is that he has a choice.  Nobody is forcing him to be a slave to the NCAA. 

If he wants to achieve his goal and dream in life, he has to be exploited by the NCAA. 

So he has two choices:

Don't pursue his dream

Pursue his dream, but in order to do so he has to be exploited

wow, seems like a solid system.

Has nothing to do with a player being FORCED to play college athletics. Which only a dullard would try to argue. Im even surprised a dullard like you doesn't even know what FORCED means.

Yes, their options are wide for playing football for money.

I can understand why So Dumb Hablo loves the NCAA system. As a coach, he probably hopes one day to profit off a black man's  talent. Freedom for Me but not for Thee.