Fournette will not be playing in the Citrus Bowl

Sharp Square

Bottom line. Leonard Fournette owes absolutely nothing to LSU football, and should absolutely do what is best for his future and his family. Anyone that thinks otherwise has their priorities mixed up.

Has nothing to do with "owe". My teammates are my brothers. Im gonna go to battle with them one last time. Because I think that's the right thing to do. The fact that this is meaningless because its not a Final 4 game has zero impact on my decision. Whats right is right.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My father raised me from a young age to do what's right. Regardless of the consequences. What's "right" can sometimes be subjective. So I can understand why there are polar opposites on both sidess of this debate.

Probably comes down to whether or not you try your best to put others above yourself, vs always looking out for #1.

Selfless vs Selfish.

My father raised me from a young age to do what's right. Regardless of the consequences. What's "right" can sometimes be subjective. So I can understand why there are polar opposites on both sidess of this debate.

Probably comes down to whether or not you try your best to put others above yourself, vs always looking out for #1.

Selfless vs Selfish.

Yes, college football coaches always put their players first which is why they readily accept millions. And LSU showed great loyalty by firing their coach mid-season. It's all about team. One for all and all for me.

Selfless vs Selfish.

It's a business pal; this isn't little league. 

I don't find it selfish to worry about the future of your family, but OK.

Yes, college football coaches always put their players first which is why they readily accept millions. And LSU showed great loyalty by firing their coach mid-season. It's all about team. One for all and all for me.

Has nothing to do with any of my arguments.  

I don't make decisions of what's "right" based on what others do.  

Of course I do.  But I will not sacrifice doing what I believe is the right thing to do along the way to achieve that.  Not sure why you would think thats weird.  :scratch

As one example, if you were to make it to the NCAA. You would never allow a player to make money. The rules say you get it all. And you would do what is best.

As one example, if you were to make it to the NCAA. You would never allow a player to make money. The rules say you get it all. And you would do what is best.

Classic example of what a dullard does on the internet when he gets embarrassed by someone of greater intelligence.

Just start flinging shit against the wall and make it up as you go.

You go girl!   :hurray

Yes.  Making decisions based on a monetary reason for me and my family, without taking into regard how it will negatively affect others, is very selfish IMO.  

Who does it affect?

Based on monetary reasons? Uh, that's why people work; to get paid. Salary is the driving force behind the concept of work.

You are acting like this destroys the lives of his teammates; for the record, teammates have come out in mass support for both guys. Those guys still get to play in the game. The game hasn't been canceled because Fournette isn't going to be there. His teammates still get to play in it and experience it. 

Who does it affect?

Saying this is a "meaningless" or pointless game is a weak ass argument.  Try telling the seniors on that team that put 4-5 years into the program and that will never play at the next level, that their last game is not important.  I bet its really damn important to almost all of them.  

Hell, I didn't even play at that level.  But my last HS game was a very important aspect of my life.  Was always a dream of mine to play for a state championship, and we came up one game short losing in the semis.  My senior fb season in HS is one of the fondest memories of my life.  And that was on a MUCH smaller scale.  

That game that he chose to skip is very important to many of his teammates.  Whether you think its important or not, has nothing to do with it.  If its me, I'm gonna go out one last time and play with my boys.  Not turn my back on them because of money.  

Look, I realize you aren't gonna agree with this.  Just like Tripp, we are gonna have to agree to disagree.  We have different outlooks and priorities in life.  Doesn't make one better than the other.  Just different. 

Saying this is a "meaningless" or pointless game is a weak ass argument.  Try telling the seniors on that team that put 4-5 years into the program and that will never play at the next level, that their last game is not important.  I bet its really damn important to almost all of them.  

Hell, I didn't even play at that level.  But my last HS game was a very important aspect of my life.  Was always a dream of mine to play for a state championship, and we came up one game short losing in the semis.  My senior fb season in HS is one of the fondest memories of my life.  And that was on a MUCH smaller scale.  

That game that he chose to skip is very important to many of his teammates.  Whether you think its important or not, has nothing to do with it.  If its me, I'm gonna go out one last time and play with my boys.  Not turn my back on them because of money.  

Look, I realize you aren't gonna agree with this.  Just like Tripp, we are gonna have to agree to disagree.  We have different outlooks and priorities in life.  Doesn't make one better than the other.  Just different. 

So, you think the game somehow isn't important to his teammates now that he's not playing?

So, you think the game somehow isn't important to his teammates now that he's not playing?

Not sure what your point is? I dont think him playing or not has any significance on the importance of the game. But it does hurt LSU as a team. So it had significance to their chances of winning the bowl game. He's a heck of a weapon in their conservative offense.

And if Im his teammate of course Im going to publicly support him. And I'm going to understand why he made his decision. But that doesn't mean I would make that same decision if I was in his shoes. Again, its all about what you believe is the right thing do. That can be different to you and me. Doesn't make either of us necessarily right or wrong.

Not sure what your point is? I dont think him playing or not has any significance on the importance of the game. But it does hurt LSU as a team. So it had significance to their chances of winning the bowl game. He's a heck of a weapon in their conservative offense.

And if Im his teammate of course Im going to publicly support him. And I'm going to understand why he made his decision. But that doesn't mean I would make that same decision if I was in his shoes. Again, its all about what you believe is the right thing do. That can be different to you and me. Doesn't make either of us necessarily right or wrong.

And if you were Leonard Fornette ,of course, your values would be completely different. Seeing your coach make milliions and LSU sell your jersey for millions and you get nothing but a scholarship that is of basically no cost to the school would mean a lot less. Being denied entry into the NFL so the NCAA and LSU could suck another year out of you for free would probably not go over nearly as well as it does for you as a white football coach who spouts and believes in bullshit.

What you say you would do in his position is as bullshit as your belief in free markets and freedom.

Youre not doesnt mean there not what parent would say take a chance of losing millions even though we are in poverty for meaningless game?

With this sort of train of thought, weren't they all meaningless then this year? Why even play any games? If its all about you and your potential millions, then why play at all? He was already on the map as a RB talent.