Fournette will not be playing in the Citrus Bowl

Sharp Square

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fullfilled his reg season obliglation this game is a exhibition game just a way for sponsers to enrich themselves thats where the issue lies.

Exhibition game? That's debatable. By your definition, any game with no national title implications is an exhibition game then. Which is probably 80% of the total games played by all college football teams combined throughout the entire season.

If Im an NFL GM, Im looking at a kids whole life and football career as part of the interview process. An interview to play FOOTBALL. The fact the kid bailed before the FOOTBALL season is over is going to be a negative for me.

Im not surprised at all if my thoughts on the subject are the minority. This day and age we live in a ME culture and society. So I completely understand.

With this sort of train of thought, weren't they all meaningless then this year? Why even play any games? If its all about you and your potential millions, then why play at all? He was already on the map as a RB talent.

How long before some sick freshman just takes 2years off to work out.  Probably doesn't help their football development not playing, but saves their body for their pro career.

How long before some sick freshman just takes 2years off to work out. Probably doesn't help their football development not playing, but saves their body for their pro career.

How long before someone with a vision comes along and provides a viable option to bridge a HS career to the NFL? We have already seen kids go play in Europe for a year before entering the NBA draft. Im sure its coming at some point for futbol Americano.

There isn't going to be a bridge because the NCAA has the market cornered with free labor. There will be a holdout at some point. Missouri and Minnesota both were willing to boycott in the last two years. Players are too afraid to go through but are getting bolder. They are starting to realize their power. One boycott and the thing will crash.

Players like Fornette would be a lot smarter to hire a trainer and get their combine numbers at peak instead of going through the motions like he and Clowney did. That is pretty much all they go on now anyway.

There isn't going to be a bridge because the NCAA has the market cornered with free labor. There will be a holdout at some point. Missouri and Minnesota both were willing to boycott in the last two years. Players are too afraid to go through but are getting bolder. They are starting to realize their power. One boycott and the thing will crash.

Players like Fornette would be a lot smarter to hire a trainer and get their combine numbers at peak instead of going through the motions like he and Clowney did. That is pretty much all they go on now anyway.

Fournette played hurt; came back early from a high ankle sprain. I would hardly say he dogged it or went through the motions.