WTF is with the Inauguration Entertainment

The Dark Man

They are worried about some guys taking the equivalent of 2k a year from the in bet points so they cut them off.  They dont care about the pros that take them for millions though.

They aren't worried, the bet pts are a perk for losing players.  If you demonstrate you know what you are doing, they are going to give you any more perks.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should believe about half of what you see and nothing that you read.  Sometimes things are said to appease the simpletons. 

Bottom line is if you have a plan of attack, you dont give it to your enemy so they can beat you to the punch. 

Oh jesus help you.

That's probably the saddest thing I've ever read.

I'll let you be.

Thats dumb.  If a guy continually beats you for huge amounts, its giving away money to continue to let him do it.  

They are collecting vig on every bet.   That one person wins is irrelevant to a place like pinnacle, they are just looking to take their commission.   LIke any market maker.  Start kicking people out, then you get way less action, and become way more exposed on certain sides (ala the Will Hill business model)

You can let your sharps bet into your numbers, and still not let them beat you for millions.

Limit them.  Win/win. 

99% of books take this approach.  And then they have to spend all their time figuring out which new accounts are really just the same people coming in again under new names.

The real books, manage their lines, not the players.

99% of books take this approach.  And then they have to spend all their time figuring out which new accounts are really just the same people coming in again under new names.

The real books, manage their lines, not the players.

All fine and dandy.  But smart books would allow their sharps to bet into their numbers, but limit them from gashing them.  

Its a no brainer. 

All fine and dandy.  But smart books would allow their sharps to bet into their numbers, but limit them from gashing them.  

Its a no brainer. 

Then they will stop betting into them.

Pinnacle raises limits very slowly.  It's not like they let you bet huge $'s on soft lines.    They open with a very small limit and let the bettors move it.  Gradually the limits go up.  So the bigger players are betting into sharper lines.  Their profits come on the volume.  Sure their hold is less than Will Hill, but I guarantee you they didn't get crushed last weekend like the vegas books did.

Its a no brainer. 

Pinnacle and Bookmaker/Cris are the two biggest books and there's a reason for it; their model is the best model. They maintain their sharp action, allow it to set the market, and have the most efficient numbers. 

Not sure why you're calling something that is wrong a "no brainer." 

Volume bet is money made. 

Its a no brainer. 

I made like 80k last year at pinnacle.  I bet there were thousands of people that made more.   I'm not even close to showing up on their radar.