More epic rains in california, drought still on though

mikeman

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry joey, but calling people names that have been warning   about this for days, shows that YOU are the fool. Not that you weren't already.

Wasn't Maddow the only national main stream media source to be covering this a week+ ago. You don't have to answer that, because I already read it somewhere and it's a fact. So... you and Rachel are like two peas in a pod.

No, I'm told it's there, I dont read the constitution and DONT necessarily support it. Yesterday the FAA banned helicopters and planes from flying over the dam, most of the videos of the spillway overflowing are from the initial few hours, when the water was inches above the spillway, overnight it kept rising to almost 2 ft over the level, i thought jesus it must really be pouring over, how long can it last flowing uncontrolled on bare ground, but no videos today, almost no media coverage.

It may not be a coverup(because it's not really anyone's fault), but they deliberately stopped coverage of it, the truth is they are, and were "hoping" things work out, for instance the main spillway, badly damaged already, can probably not sustain what they're sending down now and   for the next 2 months, until the dry season.

lol way to change the subject. good to see you conceding that your nonsense is no where in the Constitution.

We already know you don't support the Constitution, you didn't need to put that tidbit in there. Why do you live in this country again?

lol way to change the subject. good to see you conceding that your nonsense is no where in the Constitution.

We already know you don't support the Constitution, you didn't need to put that tidbit in there. Why do you live in this country again?

All they have to do is modify the free religion clause to exclude religions of hate like islam, then we're good to go.

How could you clearly see that?

Look at the video man, they may be thinking about it, and they may actually do it(cause they're filling bags), but you can see nothing has been done yet. They have what looks to be 30-40 ft deep channels dug near the face of the spillway, this after maybe 30 hours of flow over the top, If it overtops again in the next 2 months(the end of the rainy season), it'll probably go.

It's going to start raining again, I think on Wednesday. If it gets warm and the snows in the Sierras starts to melt and it's still raining the spillway is going to fail. The emergency spillway is a joke. Dropping rocks from helicopters. What a clusterfuck.

Did you see the clown they have managing the dam? He actually said I'm not sure anything went wrong, he should be fired tonight for a comment like that. They claimed the emergency spillway could handle something like 200,000 CFS, they said a maximum of 12,000 were going over it for 30 hours and it almost failed, I dont hear a peep about the main spillway either, they said they didn't want to dump more than 50,000CFS down it due to more erosion, now they're dumping 110,000 down it in a mad rush to lower the level before the next storm, they're gonna erode the whole mountainside, it'll take thousands of dumptrucks to fill it back in.

I dont think it will fail unless it overtops the emergency spillway again, but that could very well happen, a back to back storm would likely do it. that main spillway has only been damaged for what, a week - 10 days? They may have to dump water like this for a month or more, I believe the "normal" way of dumping water through the powerplant is not going to resume for a long time also - it's flooded and damaged. Gonna be a long spring.

I did see they finally started dumping rocks in the erosion channels up top this afternoon, supposedly they're going to try and pour in a slurry to harden it up in a day or two(before the storm), so if it overtops again they'll have a nice hard chunk which is fine and it'll erode right next to it.

These storms are also absolutely destroying the freeways. Never seen so many pot holes. It's unreal. I have to avoid dozens in the short commute I do on 101 each day.

Coworker has his tire popped and rim bent on his Lamborgini hitting this pot hole that has its own name (Steve). Lol. . He sudmitted the bill to Caltrans and is hoping he gets reimbursed.

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/amp/sinkhole-oakland-caltrans-chp-10881594.php

lake mead will be full in 4 or 5 years, their spillways actually work.

Not true.  The water taken from the lake exceeds the water coming into the lake.  Lake Mead has 7 times (in millions of acre feet) the water of Lake Oroville.  On the first day of this year, Lake Mead was  below 40% of storage capacity.  At 35%, federal rules will go into effect limiting water taken from the lake.  You go to Lake Mead, you stare at it and the first thing you do is go wtf.

Lake Powell is projected to get within 60 feet of the top of the dam.  It has to go more than 10 feet higher before the release of water to Lake Mead gets noticeably increased.  The drought might be over but that doesn't mean the lake will ever be full again.  Eventually there will be a crisis.

As for Lake Oroville, it's going to be a tragedy.  25 feet of snow fell in South Lake Tahoe in the month of January.  It's the biggest snowpack in 22 years.  More snow is coming.  That snow is going to melt.  I don't know what Brown is thinking (he seems awfully stupid) but listening to these water resource people trying to talk calmly about Oroville Dam is tilting.  I don't know what they think is going to happen when all that fucking snow starts to melt.  

Not true.  The water taken from the lake exceeds the water coming into the lake.  Lake Mead has 7 times (in millions of acre feet) the water of Lake Oroville.  On the first day of this year, Lake Mead was  below 40% of storage capacity.  At 35%, federal rules will go into effect limiting water taken from the lake.  You go to Lake Mead, you stare at it and the first thing you do is go wtf.

Lake Powell is projected to get within 60 feet of the top of the dam.  It has to go more than 10 feet higher before the release of water to Lake Mead gets noticeably increased.  The drought might be over but that doesn't mean the lake will ever be full again.  Eventually there will be a crisis.

As for Lake Oroville, it's going to be a tragedy.  25 feet of snow fell in South Lake Tahoe in the month of January.  It's the biggest snowpack in 22 years.  More snow is coming.  That snow is going to melt.  I don't know what Brown is thinking (he seems awfully stupid) but listening to these water resource people trying to talk calmly about Oroville Dam is tilting.  I don't know what they think is going to happen when all that fucking snow starts to melt.  

They said the other day there are 2.5 million acre ft of water in the snowpack above oroville(and they'll get quite a bit more), they are certainly going to have their hands full.

Regarding lake mead, it will fill again, who knows when , a year ago people would have said you were crazy if you told them the california drought would be over now, weather is cyclical as with everything else in life..