Deem be honest with us

Guest boatboatboat

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Laurent Robinson > Brandon Ingram

Osiris >> Everyone deem played with and better than Laurent. Still never understood why the LR story took off like it did, but it's a good read still.

Played with Osiris probably 4 days a week back in school. Osiris Eldridge. Boo Williams. Anthony Slack.

I don't think Deem realizes how good mid-level D1 talent is at basketball; O was high level, but still. It's funny to hear him talk about how good he would be at a D1 school yet he chose not to play at all. Don't see that too often.

Osiris >> Everyone deem played with and better than Laurent. Still never understood why the LR story took off like it did, but it's a good read still.

Played with Osiris probably 4 days a week back in school. Osiris Eldridge. Boo Williams. Anthony Slack.

I don't think Deem realizes how good mid-level D1 talent is at basketball; O was high level, but still. It's funny to hear him talk about how good he would be at a D1 school yet he chose not to play at all. Don't see that too often.

Do you think that 4th best player at a MAC school --- will graduate and make a good living? 

I do not. 

Of the three (3) sports I played in HS, basketball was my weakest.  But still managed to snag 1st team all-conference honors in 92/93.  Averaged 10 points and 3-4 assists a game as a point guard.  Nothing eye popping about my basketball skills.  Always guarded the other teams best player.  Even if it was the center.  We didn't have a kid over 6'2" on our team anyway, so we would have been outsized whoever guarded the other team's big man.

Best guy I ever guarded was a D1 player.  He later played at Utah State and even led them to an NCAA victory with a first round upset his senior year.  He scored 28 against us.   :laugh

But to be fair, I bet 20 of those were on the fast break.  He didn't get much in the half court against me. 

I, mean Timely, I know you tried to play at Penn State (D1 baseball); oh wait.... 

Unlike you, I don't make up falsehoods about playing Division 1 sports - never claimed to have played. Simply answering a question. 

CURRENTLY IN MY YMCA LEAGUE; of the 4 teams I've seen play, I would say Deemer is the best player --- but this is a YMCA league....

I, mean Timely, I know you tried to play at Penn State (D1 baseball); oh wait.... 

Unlike you, I don't make up falsehoods about playing Division 1 sports - never claimed to have played. Simply answering a question. 

CURRENTLY IN MY YMCA LEAGUE; of the 4 teams I've seen play, I would say Deemer is the best player --- but this is a YMCA league....

No instead you claim you could have played them and chose not too.  :laugh

As opposed to making up stories of playing D1 baseball, only to have yourself made out to be an immature nerd on a gambling forum; then changing your forum name TWO (2) times to try to start a new reputation...

Timely --- its a large card today. You've been embarrassed enough on these forums. Dontcha think? 

Timely, do you think you could beat KERRYWOOD one-on-one --- he used to tell tales of the NORTHWESTERN intramural law league and how he was a phenomenal player. I know you played versus LAURENT ROBINSON, what do you think the line in a 1-1 game would be ?

I don't pretend to be a superstar basketball player. I got to play with the team in college because we worked out in the same facility, and because I could shoot. I can't dribble, drive or finish... but I could knock down an open shot after O or someone else drove.

My college roommate would drop 20+ a game in rec leagues at school in leagues that our team played in - our team was good when I was there. He couldn't have played at any D1 school if he wanted to but he was a great basketball player. He held his own vs those guys and was also a main reason I got to play with them because he was always picked to play by guys on the team because he was very good but he would have no chance playing college basketball in the Valley.

The best player in the GLIAC was averaging 2 PPG in a conference much worse than the MAC when he transferred. You don't realize the talent difference and you live in a fantasy world. You couldn't play D1 basketball and being the best player in your YMCA rec league in Ohio doesn't mean you could. 

Where did you get offers from? You said you chose not to play, so where were you recruited too?

Guy obviously can't read. Huge level of difference between gliac and MAC. Jfc. Can't teach stupid

Yes, and the best player in the GLIAC barely even got tic in a conference worse than the MAC.

You said you would be a top 10 player in the GLIAC (also hilarious) and that you would have been a solid starter averaging 6-8 PPG in the MAC. Keep the comedy coming.

Ask Boat, he's the MAC egg spurt. 

Boat how many 4th-5th best players at MAC school go on to graduate, get a job earning lets say ~80K? I'd venture to say <10%

Depends on their major and their size.  My suitemate at WMU was 6'10" and played ball overseas. He now has a pretty nice banking job in Milwaukee. 

Guest boatboatboat

Jfc. I've played against guys who have had run in the LEAGUE; as in the NBA.

If those were hs games. 100 percent certain I have watched you play hs ball