Bit coin going up to 1400$ soon

Moldoveanu

I bought gold once. I took possession. I lost 2 ounces. Literally lost. Have a brother that was HUGE on gold or was for a long time...I think he told me he been out for a few years. Maybe even longer.

I have some platinum here in a drawer here that I bought on impulse after a TGF post.I think it's gone down some since then.

Yeah, a lot of people get suckered into gold. Bitcoin is e-gold. You can just buy a gold ETF and get the same upside and none of the downside. 

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IAG, no, don't recall

Lol. Or maybe FW just inquired of you and sent me your response. I wonder if he could track that down. He might've messaged you at EOG or something I forget. We had 160 acres down near Canton. We leased for many years and then sold two years ago.

Wowow

Wish I had sold SOME 4 years ago, have lost a BOATload on paper since then.

That's interesting, was through Canton area roughly 7 years ago on a lengthy tour of the country, nice area.

I can send you the auction link if you are really interested. My dad bought circa 1993 I think? I know nothing about it. My brother handled the particulars, but I did do some inquiring a while back. We were going to initially sell about 5-6 years ago and held off I think. Probably would have been better to have sold earlier, but hindsight…. I forgot what your advice wise. Ha

very nice. 500% in 20 years is excellent

That doesn't include the money we made every year on the lease. I'm really not sure how much that was.

My dad was the sharpest guy I have ever met. Unfortunately his financial savvy and restraint did not carry over to his daughter.

......land purchased on my end roughly 20 years ago could have been sold at roughly a 1250% gain 4 years ago, ugh.

. Yeah the Iowa land was crazy about 5 years back. I remember some of the very best going forsomething like 22k per acre!! Our land was not of that quality, but was still a good investment. We probably waited a couple years too many to sell, but there were other things involved from a legal/trust standpoint, which made it is easier to wait until mom had passed. We never would've gotten remotely close to that much regardless.