Bit coin going up to 1400$ soon

Moldoveanu

This past February Bitcoin.com reported on how mainstream investors heard an awful lot about bitcoin’s performance as the asset grew considerably in value throughout 2016-2017. The price of bitcoin is still rising, and conventional investors continue to hear more and more about bitcoin’s market accomplishments.

For instance, as the price grows higher, it has created a media frenzy of mainstream news outlets reporting on the price increase regularly these days. This has created a snowball effect where conventional and institutional investors begin rallying behind bitcoin as a new asset class because they hear about how good it’s doing.

Just recently the first investor of Snapchat, Jeremy Liew said bitcoin is undervalued in a recent Business Insider presentation. During the presentation, Liew gave some fundamental reasons to why he thinks bitcoin will be worth $500,000 by 2030. Liew based his theory on factors like the rise of global remittances, economic uncertainty, and mobile penetration.

“Bitcoin is already simple to buy and hold, and as the asset continues to mature, we’ll continue to see an increase in the development and deployment of surrounding products,” Liew explains.

On May 4 Facebook investor and owner of the NBA team the Golden State Warriors, Chamath Palihapitiya, told his 67,000 Twitter followers that bitcoin is a defense against value destruction. Palihapitiya has been an advocate of bitcoin for quite some time and penned an article on how innovative bitcoin was for Bloomberg in 2013.

“I’ve told my friends that it is entirely rational to allocate one percent of your assets to Bitcoin — as I have,” explained Palihapitiya at the time. “Call it schmuck insurance. As the 2008 crisis proved, schmucks can cause a world of damage.”

Last week the venture capitalist investor told his Twitter followers;

Reiterating my belief about BTC. It’s the ultimate insurance policy against autocracy, currency curbs and other forms of value destruction.

There is no doubt that investors are seeing the price headlines in Time Magazine, Bloomberg, and the New York Times. Alongside the positive statements from successful entrepreneurs like Liew, and Palihapitiya, mainstream investors are sure to hear about bitcoin in some form or another.

There’s no doubt there is fresh money coming into bitcoin and cryptocurrencies markets in general. Investors cannot ignore an asset that has grown into a substantial market worth over $25 billion while traditional markets flounder. Furthermore, those who invested in bitcoin early like Palihapitiya know the concept of cryptocurrency is on a path to disrupt financial incumbents.

“It will reallocate financial strength and power to the people versus keeping it within a few centralized authorities,” Palihapitiya concludes in his editorial.

:laugh

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plommer, disagree.

Feel free to do so.

For starters it appears as though learning the in's and outs of the btc is too much for most people.

The biggest hurdle will always be converting btc to cash. I like bitcoin but hate holding it, I always want to cash it out for fiat. I'm sure others feel the same.

As much of a fan of bitcoin as I am I just can't see it EVER becoming mainstream.

I think it has found its niche in the gambling market. I can't see me buying a coffee at Tims with bitcoin.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it hit $1000000 or $0.

That's why it's so popular, it's not mainstream. 

People using it as a storage of wealth similar to precious metals and other investments. 

It will never hit 0, it's impossible.    

That's why it's so popular, it's not mainstream. 

People using it as a storage of wealth similar to precious metals and other investments. 

It will never hit 0, it's impossible.    

Of course it can hit zero, all it takes is a newer better system/coin to dethrone it.

There is nothing stopping bitcoin from being worthless.

Unless the world ends via nuclear attack it will never hit $0. 

It will never hit $0 pending that. 

Sorry pal, there is no guarantee bitcoin will have any value x days/months/years from now.

There are some great minds out there, first someone invented bitcoin, I'm sure in time someone could find a way to bring it to its knees.

The people are sheep, all it takes is the proper amount of fear and bitcoin could be ditched.