Bit coin going up to 1400$ soon

Moldoveanu

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just started process to be able to buy bitcoin. I still don't really understand it, but starting the process to be able to buy anyway,

I could buy now with a credit card, but they charge you over 4%. I guess I have to wait till they make some deposits in my bank and confirm those deposits before transferring money. At that point I will likely seek out additional help.

I would have done so a week ago, but my bitcoin advisor told me it should not be used for investment purposes...only gambling. And unfortunately I don't understand it enough to be able to make that determination myself...

Hopefully I'll figure that out by the time I am approved to purchase.Would have far worse if was strongly suggested to me to buy and it went immediately down to nothing or near nothing so I understand not wanting to recommend buying it unless you are of a certain mindset like Spankie.

I looked at that site and completely lost. Especially when I see something about buying with Panda Express cards.

I found the best thing is to go to a credit union and deposit that way.  Most of the time it takes less than 5 minutes to receive the bitcoin once you deposit into their account.

Paypal they charge too much.  Chase quickpay, charge too much.

I found the best thing is to go to a credit union and deposit that way. Most of the time it takes less than 5 minutes to receive the bitcoin once you deposit into their account.

Paypal they charge too much. Chase quickpay, charge too much.

So, you mean any credit union or a credit union that the seller has designated and is local? Doesn't appear that there are any in my area.

I guess I don't understand this local part. Does that mean that you are buying from someone local to get it done more quickly and you need to essentially give them a cash equivalent?

Is there an advantage to buying local other than quick funding if you have cash? It would take me a few days to get any amount of cash anyway as do most of banking online.

I went and read an article this morning that said it was Bitcoin explained for a five-year-old. I was reading as a five-year-old, but this flew all way over my head. If I have no access to cash in hand today, is there anything I can do today without big fees I guess is my question.

I just started process to be able to buy bitcoin. I still don't really understand it, but starting the process to be able to buy anyway,

I could buy now with a credit card, but they charge you over 4%. I guess I have to wait till they make some deposits in my bank and confirm those deposits before transferring money. At that point I will likely seek out additional help.

I would have done so a week ago, but my bitcoin advisor told me it should not be used for investment purposes...only gambling. And unfortunately I don't understand it enough to be able to make that determination myself...

Hopefully I'll figure that out by the time I am approved to purchase.Would have far worse if was strongly suggested to me to buy and it went immediately down to nothing or near nothing so I understand not wanting to recommend buying it unless you are of a certain mindset like Spankie.

Do you know poster downsouth? Send him a PM he might be able to help you out with that.

Do you know poster downsouth? Send him a PM he might be able to help you out with that.

Yes, well I mean from here. I was planning to use the couple day confirmation period to read up on try to understand the whole deal. I probably shouldn't impulse buy bitcoin, but you see threads like this and it makes you want to jump in head first.

So, you mean any credit union or a credit union that the seller has designated and is local? Doesn't appear that there are any in my area.

Usually has to be a CO-OP credit union.  Guy sends you his info for his account, usually a LLC set up.  You go to the Co-op CU and deposit money, no questions asked, send a picture of the receipt to the guy and releases the bitcoins.

https://co-opcreditunions.org/locator/?ref=allco-op.org&sc=1

there's a locator, have to use a branch to deposit, not an ATM (I believe)

Usually has to be a CO-OP credit union.  Guy sends you his info for his account, usually a LLC set up.  You go to the Co-op CU and deposit money, no questions asked, send a picture of the receipt to the guy and releases the bitcoins.

https://co-opcreditunions.org/locator/?ref=allco-op.org&sc=1

there's a locator, have to use a branch to deposit, not an ATM (I believe)

Cool. Many locations around here. Thank you. I would still need to always request money from my bank what take would take 1-2 days to get to my local bank and then take it in, so might be as fast or faster to go directly once account has been established?

Is there a price advantage to using local bit coin or is it primarily for the ability to purchase quickly? For example, is there a set value? There might be a spot price on gold, but sellers on eBay will sell for different prices – or is it like real cash money where no one is going to sell a dollar for less than a dollar? hopefully these are questions that I will look back on in a year and think how stupid they were, but you kind a have have to dumb it all down for me with regard to this bitcoin stuff....which is kind of why I agree with Plommer that it might be hard to envision it catching on in the mainstream? And probably why shouldn't even be thinking about investing in this.

I have some coin right now I can trade you for paypal if you want.

My PayPal is not linked up to my online savings bank and don't have much in my checking in moment after paying out zone..I have just shy of 2400 in my PayPal. How do we do this – I would send you money and you send me an email with an attachment on it and that's what the bit coin is?

I don't really need it right now for anything. I'm just trying to learn it. And consider investing some.

My PayPal is not linked up to my online savings bank and don't have much in my checking in moment after paying out zone..I have just shy of 2400 in my PayPal. How do we do this – I would send you money and you send me an email with an attachment on it and that's with the bit coin is?

You need a bitcoin wallet, give me the address and I send you the coin there.  I only have like 1k left, just sold a bunch on localbitcoins.  

Are you planning on depositing to a book or just holding the coin?

You need a bitcoin wallet, give me the address and I send you the coin there.  I only have like 1k left, just sold a bunch on localbitcoins.  

Are you planning on depositing to a book or just holding the coin?

was just contemplating it for investment only.I don't know if I have one or not. I set something up through coin base but I don't know if it's active yet and I just have to wait on funding? or if I need to send them additional information. I think I need to send them some identity info first maybe?

If and when you have exactly one bit coin available, I will take that, I can't deal with all these weird fractional amounts, but maybe I have to for one reason or another? I will check on my wallet – I guess that is the coin base thing. I will have to refer to my notes LOL.

Lagger do u have a bitcoin wallet?

I don't know. I started something with coin base, that's the wallet right?

I have to make a couple phone calls and look at games. , but I will get back to this and check my coin base and see what I can find in a bit.

I don't know. I started something with coin base, that's the wallet right?

I have to make a couple phone calls and look at games. , but I will get back to this and check my coin base and see what I can find in a bit.

If you are just going to hold it coin base is fine and your address should work fine now.  The verifications are so you can link a bank account/cc.