New Healthcare Bill passed in the House ..not good for those with pre-existing conditions.

IAG

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I buy my synthroid in Colombia, made in Brazil.   Costs 1/10 and gives me less heart troubles than the US made ones.

exactly, the chemical formulas used to manufacture drugs are the same everywhere, drugs made in Canada are no better or worse than the same thing made in America, they are exactly the fucking same. The media and others seem to want to report things that are false in order to scare people.

Yea, great comparison. Having cancer and paying more for health insurance. = getting a DUI and paying more for car insurance.

Jfc you're an idiot.

Insurance is a product and is based on actuarial  analysis of risk, it should be priced accordingly, morons like you cant even fathom concepts like that. :doh

You know your insurance, yours is going up 400%   Right?    A self employed 55 year old male is going to get raped in the ass.

Guess the 1.9% tax break on income over 400k will help you out though.

As i understand it, older people will be charged up to 5 times more than younger ones(nothing wrong with that), it will be partially offset by tax credits of up to 4K(subject to income limitations). Hopefully high deductible policies will return at a reasonable cost.

Insurance is a product and is based on actuarial  analysis of risk, it should be priced accordingly, morons like you cant even fathom concepts like that. :doh

so I have insurance my whole life.  the second i get cancer it can go up 500%.  whats the the point of having it in the first place.

Brand name cigarettes are approx $10 a pack Canadian which is approx $7 USD.

You think cheap cigarettes are good for the population and health care in general? Lower tobacco prices = higher consumption which inevitably leads to higher health care costs due to higher cancer rates.

Who makes money on cigarettes, ahh, lets see, the tobacco companies make 50 cents to a buck a pack, the govt makes $3-$8 a pack(depending on where you live), Why wouldn't the govt just ban such a dangerous product?  :scratch

so I have insurance my whole life.  the second i get cancer it can go up 500%.  whats the the point of having it in the first place.

You question is an exaggeration, that's not the way it works, you buy insurance for protection against catastrophic events(or at least you should)

Insurance should be for things in life you have but don't need; ie cars, homes, materialistic items.

Health care is something you need in life no matter who you are. Everyone doesn't need to own a car or a home. Every person alive needs to have health care. Comparing materialistic items to an essential piece of life is just nonsensical. A person's ability to live a healthy life should not be dictated by businesses and a marketplace. 

They should have both Trumpcare and Obamacare and let people choose. Everyone lives happily ever after

:)

They should just let anyone buy into medicare (public option).  And anyone dumb that wants private insurance can keep that.  Problem solved.  

I buy my synthroid in Colombia, made in Brazil.   Costs 1/10 and gives me less heart troubles than the US made ones.

You take thyroid meds? I ordered mine from India made by Abbot Labs over there off the internet. Was best stuff I ever had. Price went up though so not such a good deal anymore if I have to go back to even crappier policy than ObamaCare.

I'm sure 20 year olds with catastrophic illnesses are the norm, it will happen but not to the extent that it cost more than the ACA cost healthy people who don't want insurance.

It's not just 20 year olds( just an example) older healthy people don't want to have to purchase it either.

It doesn't matter you can't unring the bell(all Americans covered) and single payer will be the norm in the future.

We will have a system like Canada at some point I'd imagine whether some like it or not.

We have lost the affordability for the demographic with less than 60k income.  I don't think it is so much the age of the people that do not want to have to buy insurance - it is whether they have assets to protect.  People with no assets just do not care and are willing to take that chance because they are living from one paycheck to the next and can barely pay the bills as it is.

I'm sure 20 year olds with catastrophic illnesses are the norm, it will happen but not to the extent that it cost more than the ACA cost healthy people who don't want insurance.

It's not just 20 year olds( just an example) older healthy people don't want to have to purchase it either.

It doesn't matter you can't unring the bell(all Americans covered) and single payer will be the norm in the future.

We will have a system like Canada at some point I'd imagine whether some like it or not.

We have lost the affordability for the demographic with less than 60k income.  I don't think it is so much the age of the people that do not want to have to buy insurance - it is whether they have assets to protect.  People with no assets just do not care and are willing to take that chance because they are living from one paycheck to the next and can barely pay the bills as it is.

Who are these people that don't want to buy insurance?  I keep hearing about them from conservatives but never in my life have I actually met one.

Correct. That is why high deductible health insurance is a disaster and a scam. It is designed for the wealthy as porfolio insurance. You have to be pretty stupid to have no savings and buy a high deductible health insurance plan. Those people are hard to come by. You just declare bankruptcy.

Insurance should be for things in life you have but don't need; ie cars, homes, materialistic items.

Health care is something you need in life no matter who you are. Everyone doesn't need to own a car or a home. Every person alive needs to have health care. Comparing materialistic items to an essential piece of life is just nonsensical. A person's ability to live a healthy life should not be dictated by businesses and a marketplace.

I agree but what if a person wants to use his money for something else other than healthcare insurance, even an older person who is healthy may choose to use his money in a different fashion. Under the ACA you didn't have that option. I know it is a "gamble" not to have health insurance but that should be that persons choice.

It is all moot though as we are headed for a Medicare scenario which is fine, like I said earlier you can't unring the bell now.

The big funds rely on algo computer generated trades.

They plug in USDA and other data and yield impacts from snow/ rain events that don't show up untill much later.

There is a usda report next week but doubtful that will reflect damage loss of production until June report.

The health bill must pass the Senate.

I agree but what if a person wants to use his money for something else other than healthcare insurance, even an older person who is healthy may choose to use his money in a different fashion. Under the ACA you didn't have that option. I know it is a "gamble" not to have health insurance but that should be that persons choice.It is all moot though as we are headed for a Medicare scenario which is fine, like I said earlier you can't unring the bell now.

Their gamble affects everyone else. Person doesn't want insurance, has a stroke - everyone else foots the bill.

Their gamble affects everyone else. Person doesn't want insurance, has a stroke - everyone else foots the bill.

Exactly.   If people can go to the doctor before they get an emergency condition where the ER has to treat them, we'd all be better off. 

The bottom line is that people who have pre existing conditions should pay more for insurance(a lot more), they should still get it but it will cost them. Just as bad drivers(dui's, etc) pay more for car insurance, or that life ins costs more as you age.

Is it unfair to the sick? Hell no, it's unfair to everyone else .

And people that have kids and vehicles should pay more tax for schools and highways.

The bill is simply a transfer of wealth from the poor and middle class to the wealthiest in America. Probably the largest transfer ever, $900,000,000 in tax cuts for the wealthiest. The poor, sick, old and middle class will have to pay a severe price at the expense of the rich elitest who don't need the money.

MAGA. Lol