New Healthcare Bill passed in the House ..not good for those with pre-existing conditions.

IAG

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. I'm going to have to read more up on this. Sounds dismal

My favorite part of the plan is where it allows states to opt out of requiring insurance to provide the basic benefits declared in Obamacare ---- ONLY THEY EXEMPTED CONGRESSMEN, so congress gets to keep those protections.

They blend the rate cop. Let's say your an employer of 100 employees. When we quote it we get a list of all the employees. Ages,dependent ages,etc. underwriter then averages it.

So if you have a populations of mostly older people the rate is much higher then if you had a employer of all 20 year olds.

So I can have two company's right next door to each other. Both take the same exact health plan. One could pay 300 a month for their spouse and another 700.

They blend the rate cop. Let's say your an employer of 100 employees. When we quote it we get a list of all the employees. Ages,dependent ages,etc. underwriter then averages it.

So if you have a populations of mostly older people the rate is much higher then if you had a employer of all 20 year olds.

So I can have two company's right next door to each other. Both take the same exact health plan. One could pay 300 a month for their spouse and another 700.

Oh I thought you were talking about my plan. I was gonna say..... how are any of us subsidizing anyone when we all pay $0

He is, you are being subsidized by the young employees of your company, and by the gov't (tax exemption provided to your employer). Welfare baby.

How are the young employees subsidizing the older ones when none of us pay anything?

Who here does not have a pre-existing condition?

JFC the US healthcare (insurance) system is such a fucking scam.

Says the happy (to be) Canadian!!

if you had insurance, there is no way to have a pre existing condition, because the insurance would have been effective first.  Too many want to wait until after the problem to purchase it.  It would be like offering car insurance to people after they have the wreck.  Thats what ObamaCare did, and why the insurance companies lost their ass on it.

Cop I dont know how old you are but if the union had nothing but 18 to 25 year olds maybe they could offer extra benefits,better plans, higher wages if the underlying health rates were less.

Sure but he said the young employees at MY employer were subsidizing the old. What am I missing here?

Sure but he said the young employees at MY employer were subsidizing the old. What am I missing here?

Everything apparently.

Let's say all the employees at your company are 60 and older.   So the insurance company charges your employer 5x as much for the health plan.   So they pay you less.  Do you see now?

if you had insurance, there is no way to have a pre existing condition, because the insurance would have been effective first. Too many want to wait until after the problem to purchase it. It would be like offering car insurance to people after they have the wreck. Thats what ObamaCare did, and why the insurance companies lost their ass on it.

Not always true. See my post 19. I never ever had any sort of lapse of insurance in my life, and I was both denied Coverage, and then given a quote of like $1500 per month because of pre-existing conditions prior to the ACA. When the ACA waa passed, I was able to be covered at $500 per month cost to me.

I was moving from a group plan to an individual plan.

In your case, they actually don't subsidize you. The govt subsidizes you completely. The union gives you health insurance and the govt provides the money and taxes pay for everything for all of you. So you actually aren't being subsidized by younger workers. You are being subsidized by the American taxpayer which is everybody, including younger workers.

Everything apparently.

Let's say all the employees at your company are 60 and older. So the insurance company charges your employer 5x as much for the health plan. So they pay you less. Do you see now?

Right I am aware how insurance works as a whole. Why I can't figure out is how employee A (22 yo) at my employer is subsidizing my insurance when we all pay $0.

In your case, they actually don't subsidize you. The govt subsidizes you completely. The union gives you health insurance and the govt provides the money and taxes pay for everything for all of you. So you actually aren't being subsidized by younger workers. You are being subsidized by the American taxpayer which is everybody, including younger workers.

Some of this is true