New Healthcare Bill passed in the House ..not good for those with pre-existing conditions.

IAG

Guys its not like its good for everyone now either way. Maybe you are making out IAG but this is a family of 4 in my area for a decent PPO

Florida+Blue+(BlueCross+BlueShield+FL).p BlueOptions Platinum 1418 - EPO

PLATINUM

$2,826

Monthly premium

$1,600

Deductible
For family

$5,000

Out of pocket max
For family
Doctor Visits
$15
Generic Drugs
$10

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record, one of the reasons I voted for Trump was to repeal the ACA because I don't like t as a whole, but, I was going withthe assumption he would do what he said and keep the pre-existing condition provisions in tact. Of course I should've known, because there's really no way to cover that group without the mandate. I don't mind paying more for being in some sort of high-risk category. For years I faithfully wrote my check for 500+ per month. But 1500+ per month is ridic

How do you know how much you are going to pay?

Yeah my brother in Minnesota is paying some amount I can't even remember it was so high, and it's part of the reason that I voted against it. Trying to take my own benefit out of the equation, and like I said, I don't mind paying more – I paid 500+ for years, but three times that is a little crazy.

How do you know how much you are going to pay?

Because I got a quote right before the ACA took effect. One of the big companies – maybe Aetna denied me entirely. Then I got a quote for $1500 or something. Then the ACA came into effect and they had to insure me for 500 a month or so. Until I came back to take care of mom, I had worked my entire life and always was on a group plan. This was all new to me.

IAG look into blue shield silver87 PPO, my wife and I pay 1300 a month for both of us

I took the tax subsidy for the first time this year, and have a good plan now. I don't think they have Blue Cross Blue Shield offered in South Dakota right now. But I will make note of it , and check it out when things come to fruition ....thanks!!

I can't see why someone wouldn't want it. They have to have it to own a car. People are sick of footing the bill for the ones who don't have it, then need it.

I can't see why a perfectly healthy 20 something should be footing the bill for a 50 year old with pre existing conditions.

I can't see why a perfectly healthy 20 something should be footing the bill for a 50 year old with pre existing conditions.

I can't see why I pay property taxes on two houses that go primarily for funding of schools when I have no kids.

I know you guys don't like Cop but this was my bone of contention also, young healthy person getting started in life shouldn't be forced to purchase something they do not need.

In theory as you get older life you are supposed to become more successful and can afford a % of your monthly nut to have insurance where as a healthy young person is just wasting money he could put into investments for his/her future.

It should be a choice if a 20 year old wants medical coverage by all means buy some, but for those that don't they shouldn't be burdened by the ACA.

No system is perfect nor fair and this might be a disaster also but I know the ACA was.

I know you guys don't like Cop but this was my bone of contention also, young healthy person getting started in life shouldn't be forced to purchase something they do not need.

In theory as you get older life you are supposed to become more successful and can afford a % of your monthly nut to have insurance where as a healthy young person is just wasting money he could put into investments for his/her future.

It should be a choice if a 20 year old wants medical coverage by all means buy some, but for those that don't they shouldn't be burdened by the ACA.

No system is perfect nor fair and this might be a disaster also but I know the ACA was.

I know you guys don't like Cop but this was my bone of contention also, young healthy person getting started in life shouldn't be forced to purchase something they do not need.In theory as you get older life you are supposed to become more successful and can afford a % of your monthly nut to have insurance where as a healthy young person is just wasting money he could put into investments for his/her future.It should be a choice if a 20 year old wants medical coverage by all means buy some, but for those that don't they shouldn't be burdened by the ACA.No system is perfect nor fair and this might be a disaster also but I know the ACA was.

I'm on Cop's side more often than not. I don't get where a 20-YO wouldn't need insurance though. It wouldn't cost them near as much as a 50-YO. If a 20-YO doesn't need insurance, at what age would they need it?