Crypto mining chat with spankie and plommer

plommer

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have all the time in the world for this stuff and adding a few hundred dollars a month in income is HUGE for me.

I'm pumped and ready to go.

My PC knowledge is at the advanced level, I am 100% confident in assembling the machine/rig.

My knowledge in Windows is advanced as well, I am fluent in Ubuntu/Debian.

This may not be a piece of cake (then again it may) but I'm 100% confident in my ability to solve problems related to this endeavor.

I've watched tons of youtube videos learning the ins and outs of ethereum mining, building etc etc.

But even if able to finance buying all needed parts you can't just get then in a few days??

Depends on the exact parts but yes.

Alot of the well known brands/parts are not in stock and are on back order so as of now we have to pay a premium for available components.

Capitalism

But even if able to finance buying all needed parts you can't just get then in a few days??

Probably looking at around a 2-3 week turnaround currently. 

These new cards you can only by 3 max at a time, so I just keep ordering them every time they get delivered. 

Have considered using amazon or best buy gift cards setup in a fake name and ship them to me.  

Bet it would work 

I have all the time in the world for this stuff and adding a few hundred dollars a month in income is HUGE for me.

I'm pumped and ready to go.

My PC knowledge is at the advanced level, I am 100% confident in assembling the machine/rig.

My knowledge in Windows is advanced as well, I am fluent in Ubuntu/Debian.

This may not be a piece of cake (then again it may) but I'm 100% confident in my ability to solve problems related to this endeavor.

I've watched tons of youtube videos learning the ins and outs of ethereum mining, building etc etc.

Feel much better about things after reading this.

Salud !!

Spankie, help a African American out pal.

does this board look like it will support 6 cards?

https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Motherboards/Z170-P/

Yes it has 6 PCI-E slots. 

I have TWO 7 PCI-E slot boards that everyone said you can only run 4 or 5 GPU's on.  Then why the fuck did they put 7 PCI-E slots on the board? 

I got 6 running it now fine.  Adding the 7th next week. 

Noobs gonna noob. 

OK, just finished ordering the parts off Amazon.

This build was approx $2100 because I did not factor in shipping and taxes. I tried Amazon.com but they charge an international fee on items shipped to Canada and so there was no savings there.

Now just gotta wait for stuff to be delivered.

Oh and I used GTX 1060's because Radeons are all out of stock.