Crypto mining chat with spankie and plommer

plommer

Alright pal, relax. You've invested enough for starters. I've run this offer past boat and rito, boat hasn't responded and rito not currently interested.

Once I get our first miner up and running we can look into a second machine.

I plan on hoarding as much ethereum (ethers) as I can once the rig has paid for itself, who knows, a year from now we could look like fukkin geniuses or total tools. But after the rig gets paid for its all VERY +EV anyway.

My thoughts exactly. Honestly , we make the rig investment back, I'm happy.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of guys going to be shocked when the DAG file goes over 4GB and they cant mine ethereum. 

So many noobs jumping on board with 0 knowledge of what's going to go down in the next 6 months. 

It's gonna be an interesting 6 months boys. 

Who won't be able to mine once the DAG file hits 4GB?

How do Plommer and I PREP for this, oh great Spankie the oracle of crypto???

Well. 

Once the Ethereum DAG file exceeds 3GB, we won't be able to mine it on 3GB cards, same when it hits 4GB with 4GB cards.  

Which will be within 6-12 months.(You will need a GPU with 6-8GB)

We will switch those 3-4GB cards over to ZCASH!  Or some other fork of Ethereum.   Maybe classic. 

Who won't be able to mine once the DAG file hits 4GB?

I see, it supposedly affects those with GPU's that have less than 4GB's of RAM.

They say this shouldn't happen before November.

Like you said, once these rigs are paid for we can switch to mining other coins.

Plommer get us some fukkking higher RAM GPUs. we need to be on the sharp side with Spankie.

Donuts they are predicting that sometime in November all mining of ethereum will halt as they switch from proof of work to proof of stake which means only holders of ethereum will be responsible for transactions on the blockchain so it won't matter if we use 8GB cards until then.

We'll be fine with our 3GB cards.

Donuts they are predicting that sometime in November all mining of ethereum will halt as they switch from proof of work to proof of stake which means only holders of ethereum will be responsible for transactions on the blockchain so it won't matter if we use 8GB cards until then.

We'll be fine with our 3GB cards.

Ah ok, thus why you plan on hoarding the Eth

Makes sense.