ANYONE here betting McGregor over Floyd?

FISHHEAD

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In other news, got Broner +405 AND higher a few weeks back, other side down to -240 now.......

Boxing/MMA has been spectacular all year long.

Very, very odd. I'm thinking judges are being paid off on this one.

Mikey Garcia is 5x the boxer that Broner is...

The only thing unanswered is how well will Garcia do at this new weight. Other than that, this fight isn't even close.

But some putting big money on Broner? :scratch

I saw Garcia at about -800 at one point. Now he's down to -250? And he's the much better, well-rounded fighter, and Broner a complete clown?

Yeah, nothing fishy there.

Fuckin' idiot Broner keeps talking about wanting to fight Nate Diaz in the Mayweather-McGregor undercard.

Looks like the fix is in for the Broner fight, boys.

Pathetic.

Poker world overwhelmingly on MacGregor. Awesome. Personally, I think the fact MacGregor isn't working his way up the boxing ladder means he and Dana White well know he'll be instantly exposed in the ring, so they only get one shot at this scam, so go for the big money. FM by TKO.

Guest boatboatboat

Those thinking that Conor McGregor and his team of coaches are just winging it heading into his massive boxing match against Floyd Mayweather Jr. are mistaken, according to Paulie Malignaggi, McGregor’s newest boxing sparring partner.

Malignaggi said Friday night in an interview with ESPN’s Brett Okamoto that pundits who might think McGregor is treating this as just a money grab are very wrong.

“He’s got a game plan behind it,” Malignaggi said. “It’s not what people think. There’s a game plan behind what he’s doing. There’s a method to Conor’s madness.”

Malignaggi, the former WBA welterweight champion, said he and McGregor sparred Thursday night for eight rounds in Las Vegas. It was supposed to go six, but it went well, he said, and McGregor asked him to go two more. At the end of the sparring session, Malignaggi said McGregor was “cordial” — the two talked trash leading into this week — and asked him to stay on for the remainder of training camp. Malignaggi will oblige.

“It was educational,” said Malignaggi, who added that he had no expectations coming in. “There was a lot of trash talking, which me and him both known to have a little bit. Like I said, we did eight good rounds of work. It was physical work and Conor is coming along.”

Malignaggi, 36, said that of course McGregor, the UFC lightweight champion, has his own style coming from mixed martial arts and there was a certain awkwardness to the sparring. But not in a bad way or one necessarily disadvantageous to McGregor. There was plenty of yapping, though, Malignaggi said.