Saratoga 2017

rdalert447

Added two more:

Race 3

$20 win #5 Scarly Charley 8-1

$2 exbx 3-5

$2 DD 3,5/10

Baker scored last year in a dirt sprint stake, first off the claim. He's trying that trick again, this time in a claimer. Horse's second time over the course, and Baker is deadly in that scenario.

Race 4

$20 win #10 Bitteroot 20-1

Lerman/Gaffalione got DQ'd on a 25-1 bomb Saturday, so they're due for a stroke of luck. This horse ran decent enough first time over the course, at this level, that the morning line is a bit of a surprise.

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wednesday 8/30/17

In my opinion, the final week of Saratoga is the best of the meet. A lot of the larger outfits have left town after the Travers, leaving the smaller barns and NY regulars an opportunity to pick up their wins. So if you see something you like from a smaller outfit at a big price, fire away. Conversely, if you're betting big barns at low odds, you're probably gonna get crushed.

Race 1

$10 win #5 You Promise 30-1

$1 ex ALL/5

My never ending quest to catch a Metivier bomb. Quick wheelback off a decent Monmouth effort. Strange time to ship a horse in....unless.....

Race 2

$20 win #2 I'll Call 15-1

$5 exbx 2-8

$1 P3 2,3/ALL/6

Lawrence has been quiet since a great meet two years ago. But he's a sharp Mid Atlantic guy who's been successful here, so I'm always on the lookout. Horse ran well here late last year.

Race 4

$40 win #6 Subic Bay 7/2

$2 ex 6/ALL

WEAVER.

Race 7

$20 win #5 Seafire 20-1

$2 exbx 5/7,11

Always on the lookout for a Lerman bomb and this one might fit the bill. Getting Lasix for the first time after two decent attempts since arriving from overseas. Lerman/Gaffalione deserve some good karma after last week's DQ.

Race 9

$20 win #8 Untamed Domain 6-1

A few years back Motion swept the two end of meet turf Stakes for two year olds, so it seems he points his good ones here. Hope Ortiz doesn't kill the price.

Good luck, folks!