Saratoga 2017

rdalert447

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sidd_Finch

Sidd Finch is a fictional baseball player, the subject of the notorious April Fools' Day hoax article "The Curious Case of Sidd Finch" written by George Plimpton and first published in the April 1, 1985 issue of Sports Illustrated. According to Plimpton, Finch was raised in an English orphanage, learned yoga in Tibet, and could throw a fastball as fast as 168 miles per hour (270 km/h).

I know guys don't like betting the jumpers, but I would strongly suggest putting #5 Hardrock Eleven in your Virtual Stables or whatever you use. If you watch the replay of today's first race, the horse made a right turn after EVERY SINGLE JUMP. He easily ran a quarter mile longer, if not more, than the rest of the horses. He was still close and trying hard right until the end. If the trainer can clean that up, he may surprise at a big price next out. The trainer likes to run them on the flat as well, so that would be even more enticing.

Thursday 8/10/17

Race 1

$20 win #7 Francis Freud 8-1

$2 ex 7/ALL

$1 P3 7/ALL/5

I keep swinging and missing with Metivier, but I suspect his second time over the course types might be where his winners lie. He won a handful of races three or four years back using Abel Lezcano, so it's good to see them reunited.

Race 6

$40 win #1 Majestic Bloom 10-1

$2 ex 1/ALL

$5 DD 1/6

This type of horse is the main reason I wanted to follow Weaver this meet. He historically aims for this meet, and had a bad year up until the end of Belmont. But he was ALOT more active this year at Belmont, which led me to believe he was setting up a horse or two for success first time over the course. This is one of them. Horse had a two month layoff, then a prep for this on 7/15, positioning it perfectly to run well in this time frame. Love the jockey, too.

Race 7

$20 win #6 Escape to the Moon 12-1

$1 P3 6/ALL/14

Klesaris horses running good to this point. He's had his successes here when shipping in, not when stabled here, so he won't start many. But when there's an opportunity at a price shipping in, I want to grab it.

Good luck, men!