Saratoga 2017

rdalert447

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thursday 8/17/17

Early part of the card looks a little chalky again. Not much to get excited about. Weaver in race 2 is 2-1 morning line. Shug horses in race 3 and 7 look good, but odds might be low. If I can get 4-1 on any of those three, I'll play them. Besides that, I'm left with this:

Race 4

$20 win #8 Flying Point 12-1

Terranova horses are running really good thus far, but prices have been low. Here's a chance to get him at a solid number. Him and Cancel hooked up for multiple big prices two years ago. Here's hoping they recapture some of that magic.

Race 7

$1 P3 ALL/3/4

Race 8

$20 win #3 Absatootly 15-1

$5 DD 3-4

Baker off to a good start here, but his stats suggest he's even better second time over the course. He already has two wins with this ownership group, who are starting to make a name for themselves in NY. They started off small using Frank Martin, progressed to Tom Bush, and are now having some real success with Baker. They've even moved into breeding. Give them an extra look in NY Bred races.

Race 9

$20 win #4 Willie U 8-1

$1 exbx 4/ALL

Taking another swing with Lauer, whose very limited stats say he's better second time over as well. His runner yesterday, who was first time over the course, ran good enough to keep me interested in both horse and trainer. The slightest check on the turn probably cost him a top three finish, at a price. Today's entrant is second time over, so I'm in.

Good luck, folks!

Thursday 8/17/17

Early part of the card looks a little chalky again. Not much to get excited about. Weaver in race 2 is 2-1 morning line. Shug horses in race 3 and 7 look good, but odds might be low. If I can get 4-1 on any of those three, I'll play them. Besides that, I'm left with this:

Race 4

$20 win #8 Flying Point 12-1

Terranova horses are running really good thus far, but prices have been low. Here's a chance to get him at a solid number. Him and Cancel hooked up for multiple big prices two years ago. Here's hoping they recapture some of that magic.

Race 7

$1 P3 ALL/3/4

Race 8

$20 win #3 Absatootly 15-1

$5 DD 3-4

Baker off to a good start here, but his stats suggest he's even better second time over the course. He already has two wins with this ownership group, who are starting to make a name for themselves in NY. They started off small using Frank Martin, progressed to Tom Bush, and are now having some real success with Baker. They've even moved into breeding. Give them an extra look in NY Bred races.

Race 9

$20 win #4 Willie U 8-1

$1 exbx 4/ALL

Taking another swing with Lauer, whose very limited stats say he's better second time over as well. His runner yesterday, who was first time over the course, ran good enough to keep me interested in both horse and trainer. The slightest check on the turn probably cost him a top three finish, at a price. Today's entrant is second time over, so I'm in.

Good luck, folks!

Well RD looks like you may get that 4-1 here....I'm going to try to beat the 3 and 5.....#6  W/P     2/4/6 EX and TRI box