Saratoga 2017

rdalert447

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had Slim Shadey singled in a $2 pick 3 then had the favorites 3 and 8 in the next and watched them get shit on at great will pay odds. Brutal.

Had World Approval though so did okay on the day.

It was Arlington where I went 3/4 on my pick 4 that I really feel stung on

I had 4/5 in pick 5 missed the Million hated Beach Patrol

Damn that's brutal. Beach Patrol was my top pick...but I only had the 1/2 in the marathon turf race. I only played Toga and Arlington but had 4 ridiculously close calls to great payouts...so frustrating

I had the chalk 5 singled ticket was already massive, I was 2 deep in the marathon 2,7 I used all in  leg 1 and caught joker , was 4 deep for Dacita and 6 deep in last to catch the 2.

Bet three after the scratches. Who knows where the prices are going?

Race 5

$20 win #4 Givetheman a Cigar 8-1

$5 DD 4-6

Klesaris horses running great in limited starts shipping in. Usually means business when he goes to Irad.

Race 6

$40 win #6 Swayed 3-1

$2 ex 6/ALL

Seriously doubt we get 3-1 on this one. But I'm interested in every Weaver horse going second time out at Sar. Ran great first time out here on turf, maybe prices rises now that race is on dirt?

Race 10

$20 win #9 Pawn it Back 10-1

Usually only play Ferraro off short rest and second time over the course, but this one has some odd doings about it. Owner is strictly a Suffolk/Tampa owner, but for some reason sends this one to an obscure trainer like Ferraro out of the blue. If I recall correctly, Ferraro got his start on the Suffolk/Finger Lakes circuit, but has never trained for this guy. I'll be betting it this time and next out, for sure.

I bet two so far:

Race 1

$20 win #5 Hot Yankee 4-1

$1 P3 5/ALL2

Second time over the course for Scherer. Was a little sluggish last out. Hoping it's sharper with the quick turnaround. Saez sticking is encouraging.

Race 3

$20 win #2 Cinderella el Chrome 15-1

Morning line is a bit of a stunner, off that last effort here. But it's Morrison so bettors will look elsewhere. Hoping they put her on or pressing the lead, as that's where she's had her best efforts. If she breaks clean and makes the lead, she's gone.