What does 2018 bring the crypto world?

BAUS

They aren’t regulated. They can do whatever the hell they want right now. I mean, I guess they could be breaking some laws not related specifically to securities, but from what I understand, they are currently exempt. A case can always be made though, and the exchanges are being sued by individuals for different things. Civil not criminal however.

That won’t be allowed to continue forever, although I’m guessing SEC first priority is the ICOs. Could be wrong.

just because something isn't regulated, that doesn't mean fraud/insider trading/theft/etc can't be criminally punished

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just because something isn't regulated, that doesn't mean fraud/insider trading/theft/etc can't be criminally punished

Well that’s kind of what I was saying. You could potentially argue fraud or theft... I don’t know how they could be charged with insider trading. There’s also two different issues. There were the accusations of the employees being privy to knowledge that bitcoin cash was going to be listed. While that certainly is a bad look, I don’t know that it’s prosecutable. Then there are the sporadic down times during volatile times, which they claim are due to overwhelming traffic. All the exchanges are guilty. I don’t know what to make of that.

more fun out of scam company RIOT

big surprise, that $2 million worth of equipment that they paid $10 million for, was bought from the ceo!  and then they took the rest of the cash as a special dividend... and now they claim they need more money to steal (since the insiders already sold their stock and spent all the company's cash) so they're issuing more stock.

An audit of Kairos was filed as an amended 8-K and was also released Friday after the close. It confirmed that Kairos had purchased its equipment for $2,089,679, which was close to our earlier estimate of $1.9 million. The “excess purchase price over acquired assets” of Kairos was recorded as $8,637,545, confirming that net of cash the company paid more than 4x for equipment from the entity that existed for only about 2 weeks.

During the period, the Company [Kairos] purchased equipment of $2,089,679 from a company controlled by the president of the Company.