What does 2018 bring the crypto world?

BAUS

I read today that 58% of Canadians own some Btc

If the ETF happens you will see much higher valuations

about 5% of canadians own btc, not 58%

the number you read is from this article, that says OF THE PEOPLE OWNING BITCOIN IN CANADA, 58% of them hold it for investment

https://cointelegraph.com/news/bank-of-canada-study-finds-58-of-canadians-own-btc-for-investment-purposes

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah we have ATMs

what I mean is that I have not found a company that will send me an ATM BTC card... so I can actually use them :laugh

Wirex stiffed me

Ah.....There are some new visa link cards out there I believe these days. I’m mostly a HODLer, although I was looking for someone to clean my gutters the other day. Found a national service with franchises. It said they accepted BTC. I was so excited that I was going to hire them no matter the cost. Sent them an email and asked to confirm that they excepted bitcoin. They responded they did not accept bitcoin. I responded “your ad says you take bitcoin.” They responded they would check with management. They then responded that they do take PayPal. I asked, “what about bitcoin? “They were expensive in my opinion, and I would’ve patrinized them just to spend some bitcoin to help do my part in adoption, but I think it was a thing they put up there because it was trendy, and not because they expected anyone to really use it. In the end, the final answer was they do not accept BTC.

Their webpage still says they accept Bitcoin.

That’s because XRP is a shitcoin...lol....most of the top 10 coins have had a positive week/month. Bitcoin tearing it up though.

In other news..

https://blokt.com/news/eos-smashes-blockchain-records-with-transaction-speeds-faster-than

Yes EOS is ranked very high especially in Asia

Might actually sell some of my Btc to buy some for the very first time

Currently hold a shit ton of BAT

Yes EOS is ranked very high especially in Asia

Might actually sell some of my Btc to buy some for the very first time

Currently hold a shit ton of BAT

Not just very high, but #1 for the second consecutive month....so fast, so cheap

https://dailyhodl.com/2018/07/22/mike-novogratz-says-eos-will-soon-reach-50000-transactions-per-second/

https://www.ccn.com/eos-leads-chinas-blockchain-rankings-again-bitcoin-still-out-of-top-15/

If you bought a GTX 1070 GPU to mine ETH today (still in the top 2 coins of mining profitability for GPU's), it would take you 512 days to break even (on the card alone.. not including motherboard, hard drive, RAM, power supply, etc.) at the current valuation and difficulty of you had access to free electricity.

If you pay $0.10/kWh for electricity, it would take approximately 816 days to break even on the card alone.

Compare that to a year ago when that same break even while paying for electricity was approximately two months (~60 days). Miners will be getting slaughtered pretty soon.

If you bought a GTX 1070 GPU to mine ETH today (still in the top 2 coins of mining profitability for GPU's), it would take you 512 days to break even (on the card alone.. not including motherboard, hard drive, RAM, power supply, etc.) at the current valuation and difficulty of you had access to free electricity.

If you pay $0.10/kWh for electricity, it would take approximately 816 days to break even on the card alone.

Compare that to a year ago when that same break even while paying for electricity was approximately two months (~60 days). Miners will be getting slaughtered pretty soon.

miners have already been slaughtered... I've always said that cryptos are far different than precious metals, at some point gold/silver/platinum won't trade much below the mining cost because there is always inherent investment demand

cryptos are the opposite, there is always inherent supply because of the ico's and creators that gave themselves tons of free money out of thin air, and at some point there is no demand for a worthless asset

how is eth in the top 2 coins of mining profitability?  aren't DCR and AION much more profitable (among others)?

https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator/dcr?HashingPower=2400&HashingUnit=GH%2Fs&PowerConsumption=1000&CostPerkWh=0.12&MiningPoolFee=1

Imagine if gold miners were doing all that digging,expending all those resources, etc, but were really not finding any gold, if it was all pretend? Would that make sense?

that happened, it was called BRE-X

company even painted rocks gold and pretended they were real to investors/analysts/bankers

$6 billion at the time was a major fraud... now eos is still worth almost $6 billion and nobody seems to care that it's a total fraud