What does 2018 bring the crypto world?

BAUS

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still haven't had the courage to grab ICON.

Have a feeling I am going to miss a big push on that.

Everything is so cheap now. If you really believe in it, I would just throw a small bit toward it every week or two. Nothing that is going to affect you if it goes to zero, but treat it as gambling money. I bought some more BTC yesterday....not a lot, but a little. And look at holding for a while.

...taking a gamble on the Facebook/Coinbase rumors, and hope for ETFs in the next year. Also, I realized I had many more TEZOs than I thought, so I decided I couldn’t afford to put a little more in BTC. Looks like that might actually come to fruition soon.

CashApp has the option to buy BTC from/in the app but do you know if I need to establish a digital wallet somewhere before I do that?

I don’t know what Cashapp is? They probably have an online wallet there. Let me peek at their website or something and see what I can figure out.

I don’t think you need to have one first. They will set one up for you there when you buy, but you will need to move it to Binance or another exchange that sells ICX. Have you ever sent or received a bitcoin before? I would be happy to walk you through the steps. I would set up an account at Binance before anything. Easy breezy. I’ll even give you my referral code lol.

Has binance ever been hacked?

I think that's my main worry about these places that handle the coins.

I think there was something that happened a few months back but I don’t think any money was actually successfully taken.... you want to set up 2FA on your account, and ideally move it to an off exchange wallet after buying. I think most cases of money getting taken is due to user negligence and not setting up proper security.

Found this on Quora

I think one have to make the distinction of “getting hacked” and “breached”. In terms of hack (an actual breach into the software’s system), not that I know of.

In terms of breach however, recently Binance got breached by a bunch of phishers. What is phishing? Simple put, bad people creating a Binance lookalike website and tricking you to use your password and username. Once the phishers got a good amount of login IDs, they logged into those account trying to transfer the funds out of them.

Binance was quick to act, freezing withdrawals as a result. They also put up a bounty trying to catch those evil doers. IMO, this just shows how responsible and accountable Binance is. I will continue use Binance.

No, I have not ever received anything.

If you have never used BTC at all then I would go ahead and just set up the Binance account. I am not familiar with cash app, but you would buy whatever dollar amount of bitcoin you want....I can then send you step-by-step via p.m. on how to move that to Binance to purchase Icx...although would be easier for me to direct you if it were from an exchange that I was familiar with light coin base or Gemini. I highly recommend Gemini. Their fees have gone up a bit, but I trust them. You would have to have a bank account linked to purchase bitcoin through them. Or... you could just set up a Binance account and PayPal me some money and I will send you some of my icon as long as it’s not too much. I think you just want to get your feet wet so you could start with as little as $10 worth or whatever..

If you have never used BTC at all then I would go ahead and just set up the Binance account. I am not familiar with cash app, but you would buy whatever dollar amount of bitcoin you want....I can then send you step-by-step via p.m. on how to move that to Binance to purchase Icx...although would be easier for me to direct you if it were from an exchange that I was familiar with light coin base or Gemini. I highly recommend Gemini. Their fees have gone up a bit, but I trust them. You would have to have a bank account linked to purchase bitcoin through them. Or... you could just set up a Binance account and PayPal me some money and I will send you some of my icon as long as it’s not too much. I think you just want to get your feet wet so you could start with as little as $10 worth or whatever..

why would someone use binance or gemini instead of the kraken?

gemini fees 1% unless you trade a ton... kraken fees .16%

that might not seem like a lot but someone buying/selling $20k worth a month would be out $2400/year on gemini and less than $400/year on the kraken

Sounds good. 

I have jumped through the verification hoops and am awaiting approval now. 

Will PM you either later or tomorrow to go over the next steps. 

that might not seem like a lot but someone buying/selling $20k worth a month would be out $2400/year on gemini and less than $400/year on the kraken

Cuz Kraken sucks.

Maker fees are 0% at GDAX or Coinbase Pro.

Whatever they're calling it now...

And no transfer fees to another wallet or exchange.

Kraken is pretty good these days.

Allows shorts on margin on some coins too.

I just remember the night that b cash went over 3000 not been able to move money or sell because they were down. I know they were down for two days earlier in the year and at different times...They have been hacked, used to be constantly down and I wasn’t able to access money. Was so happy when I moved all my crypto from there. That being said, I have not looked at them in months, but had enough bad experiences that I would not recommend.

I just remember the night that b cash went over 3000 not been able to move money or sell because they were down. I know they were down for two days earlier in the year and at different times...They have been hacked, used to be constantly down and I wasn’t able to access money. Was so happy when I moved all my crypto from there. That being said, I have not looked at them in months, but had enough bad experiences that I would not recommend.

I haven't had any problems on Kraken since their server upgrade.

i couldn't do a wire transfer from them for about a year so i had as much hate for them as anyone

they are totally different now and i would say the best/easiest to use... from book to my bank i've been paying less than $5 on every 3000, and with only $5 wire fee too