What does 2018 bring the crypto world?

BAUS

Bad News Mach. I was just looking at ICON and appears they are undergoing a token swap, and withdrawal and deposits are suspended u til everything deemed safe....meaning I cannot transfer to you. I think you can still trade (buy) though, but will have to go through bitcoin to purchase, rather than me transferring the Icx directly to you. Or you could wait until the swap is done. I don’t know when that will be though... Either way. I can sell you a bit of bitcoin or you can purchase from that app and send it to your finance once it is up and running and buy from there...or just wait til the swap is done. Just let me know.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ve been looking at Mana again....seems to have held up pretty well thru all the crap.

Fok. Mana (Decentraland) was up over 100 percent today and I never got around to buying it. Has dropped some, but still up about 25 percent since I posted this....and I never bought any, Ya snooze, ya lose.

damn, thats a shitload of money in BTC

Yeah. The order books on the Mana and SYScoin were completely out of control. I was watching on Binance. Sounds like SYScoin knew there was a compromise of their network or something and alerted all the exchanges to halt trading, but Binance stayed up longer than the others for some reason. I’m not really sure what happened but I don’t think it’s good news.. Mach mushed Binance!

Give me an exchange that is FDIC insured.  Not one that can just say, "Sowwy.  We wost you money, honey."

Kraken isn’t is it? And at some exchanges just your cash deposits that are guaranteed, but not your coins. I think that is how Conbase is,

Kraken isn’t is it? And at some exchanges just your cash deposits that are guaranteed, but not your coins. I think that is how Conbase is,

Your USD wallet is insured at Coinbase and GDAX.

Kraken uses cold storage but it's not insured.  Still trust it a lot more than any South Korean or Chinese exchange.

Your USD wallet is insured at Coinbase and GDAX.

Kraken uses cold storage but it's not insured.  Still trust it a lot more than any South Korean or Chinese exchange.

yeah, Gemini also guarantees your USD and keeps coins in segregated cold storage. Did you read that Reddit link? ..I don’t understand the particulars of what they are saying trade wise, but it sounds like if this was not a coordinated attack, that somebody paid some horrific amount of money for a cheap coin or something?

“But it is not just the block that is raising eyebrows about Syscoin. It saw further suspicious activity on the cryptocurrency exchange desk Binance.

One single SYS coin (valued at $0.453290 at the time of writing) — was bought for 96 BTC on Binance ($6.23 million).”

Holy crap!

“Apparently a group of hackers hacked into the #Syscoin api at #Binance They used $SYS because of the relatively low hashing power They then mined all the $SYS blocks for a while to prevent a rollback of the blockchain They apparently made off with 7000 $BTC $SYS chain is fine” ....someone on Twitter

Mana was going crazy too for no reason...I’ve never seen anything like that before. It went from 13 to 20 back to 12 to 22 in like half hour...at one point up over 100 percent. I’m sure I probably have seen that before but the large orders and a clan with no recent news that I’ve seen was strange. Will be interesting to see how it shakes out. Hopefully I don’t have to spend the Fourth of July looking for a job. LOL

Guest ConspiracyMuncher

“But it is not just the block that is raising eyebrows about Syscoin. It saw further suspicious activity on the cryptocurrency exchange desk Binance.

One single SYS coin (valued at $0.453290 at the time of writing) — was bought for 96 BTC on Binance ($6.23 million).”

Holy crap!

DAMN..............

“Apparently a group of hackers hacked into the #Syscoin api at #Binance They used $SYS because of the relatively low hashing power They then mined all the $SYS blocks for a while to prevent a rollback of the blockchain They apparently made off with 7000 $BTC $SYS chain is fine” ....someone on Twitter

Mana was going crazy too for no reason...I’ve never seen anything like that before. It went from 13 to 20 back to 12 to 22 in like half hour...at one point up over 100 percent. I’m sure I probably have seen that before but the large orders and a clan with no recent news that I’ve seen was strange. Will be interesting to see how it shakes out. Hopefully I don’t have to spend the Fourth of July looking for a job. LOL

A lot of these coins can be subject to 51% attacks.  This won't be the last one.

A lot of these coins can be subject to 51% attacks.  This won't be the last one.

Well luckily I don’t own any Sys, but the bigger issue is how much is 45million to Binance? Is that how it works.... it would only affect you if you were holding that particular coin? Obviously if Binance were to go under or exit, everyone’s out, but in the case of these sorts of attacks, you’re only screwed if you’re on that coin right?

Well luckily I don’t own any Sys, but the bigger issue is how much is 45million to Binance? Is that how it works.... it would only affect you if you were holding that particular coin? Obviously if Binance were to go under or exit, everyone’s out, but in the case of these sorts of attacks, you’re only screwed if you’re on that coin right?

I guess it depends.  Not sure if they actually were able to withdraw the funds or not.  The hackers likely used accounts that weren't theirs and wiped out their balances.