Trump May Be Our Best President Ever

Balco

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was watching MSNBC and they were saying how Trump's EO was in violation of another law that says when parents are detained that their children need to be separated from them. 

This is accurate.

Placed in front of a constitutional judge, the executive order will be ruled unconstitutional and things then return to how they were 2 hours ago.

Now that Trump signed this EO to keep Families together, watch the liberals cry that Trump needs to follow the low and separate them  :laugh

So after weeks of bad press Trump caves and the true believers put forth that Trump did it spite liberals...   :laugh

Sad we are capped (at most...) three more years of this level of locker room humor as even our liberal hero Stephen Colbert can't come close to producing laughs at this caliber.   :laugh

This is accurate.

Placed in front of a constitutional judge, the executive order will be ruled unconstitutional and things then return to how they were 2 hours ago.

Because what we were doing for years and years before prohibitionist Session tried to play hard ball was unconstitutional as well?

Also sad that Trump is such a poor student history to be so unaware of Reagan's failed big government star wars program that he thinks we need to again to militarize space...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jun/18/space-force-donald-trump-orders-new-branch-of-us-military

Crazy how "small government conservatives" will cheer and cheer for Authoritarianism as long as it matches the partisan biases...

So after weeks of bad press Trump caves and the true believers put forth that Trump did it spite liberals...   :laugh

Sad we are capped (at most...) three more years of this level of locker room humor as even our liberal hero Stephen Colbert can't come close to producing laughs at this caliber.   :laugh

Putting me in the 'true believers' category is a mischaracterization......especially when I'm one of the few posters who discuss things without being fully on one side. 

Putting me in the 'true believers' category is a mischaracterization......especially when I'm one of the few posters who discuss things without being fully on one side. 

yes, you and I seem to be the only posters firmly in the middle with no sense of support to either party.

yes, you and I seem to be the only posters firmly in the middle with no sense of support to either party.

Yep.

Gotta question each side and hold them to account. 

At the same time, I do have some fun with jokes and such. And I dislike the far right as much as I do the far left. 

I acknowledge when the Reps are good at campaigning/propaganda/etc and also how if a strong progressive came up who campaigned like Obama's late '12 run, that'd it'd be game over for the Reps--as the late surge of that campaign had him throwing things in the Reps faces left and right without care and that took the Romney supposed lead right away. 

I firmly believe that whoever commands the Center will seize power---yet each have to play to their respective bases as a way to generate energy, so it's a fine line. 

I used to think WVU was super hardcore lib but then I saw more posts where he appeared to more balanced. 

I generally vote Democrat, but I am not happy with how far left the democratic party has become.  I voted for Liz Warren last time up and may vote for her again in 2020.

I generally vote Democrat, but I am not happy with how far left the democratic party has become.  I voted for Liz Warren last time up and may vote for her again in 2020.

Yeah-same. I came up as 'Christian Conservative' type, grew out of that and became much more Democrat  due to idealism and then got disgusted at the Dems for catering to the far left. 

Liz Warren seems like a nice lady and even very smart/bright.......but she has almost zero chance in a General. 

I think Hillary would've won if she were more like Kamala Harris in being forceful with her views and not backing down. With some women candidates, they tend to back down at times and then expect that framing their messages in a stark contrast to the other will be good enough. Or even what Hillary did in just highlighting the bad stuff about Trump, almost expecting the voter to come to the conclusion that she wanted. 

There were times when she seemed to be more on offense and I thought that'd carry her but then she'd back down. And it became Trump v Anti-Trump and that'll always yield Trump since that's the dominant thought. 

Whether it's Warren, Harris, or even a male Dem candidate, 2020 cannot go like 2016 if they want a diff result. 

several thousand kids in concentration camps, no system in place to reunite them with their parents.

Big TV drama to sign a horse shit EO that don't fix shit and no plan to enact.

Fake news media wants you to believe this crap. Kids have it made in that facility. They each get a cot and 3 hot meals daily with a game room with pool tables. They have it better than they ever did before. Everyone will reunite with their families eventually. If you trespass across the border you will be incarcerate. I know the snow flakes want open borders as a new way to get votes as they are losing votes elsewhere as they can’t govern.

Trump is winning again.

I do think the coverage has been bad...........otherwise Trump wouldn't have acted at the urging of Ivanka/Melania/others. 

And we do need to be firm with our borders/laws, as pure open borders is no bueno if we're gonna be flooded. 

With that said............need to show compassion and at least keep families together in those facilities. If there are situations where folks are using kids as a means to try and get free entry and those aren't their children, then yeah, separate them. Otherwise, keep together. 

I was hearing how Obama's catch and release would allow folks to come through with kids and if they were stopped with kids, then they'd just be set free in the US---meaning folks would use kids that weren't their own as a means to gain entry. Now...I do not how valid that is or if it's just right wing propaganda but either way, there's still room to be fair, compassionate and follow the law.